Kennedy Meadows - LA Weekend Riders, et al: August 21-23

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by M1Jeep, Jun 23, 2009.

1. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dreadfully Sorry.. but the pics Gumby Dave posted was it!
    Since I had my radio in my usual camera holster..
    I didn't have easy access to take any pics.. :shog
  2. purelick

purelick DIRTRIDER

Oddometer:
    I guess, I was one of those. I hope after my suspension is tricked up, I can keep up.:ricky
  3. Gumbydave

Gumbydave motorcycle doofus

Oddometer:
    I noticed there were several groups camped with no motorcycles, that would explain it.
    my bike looks fast sitting still, image how it looks at 8 mph to a treehumpin' squirrell feeding sierra clubber .
    We never used to see those kind up there. There's been more and more lately
    you can't please those kind no matter what you do, they just want us gone period
    no matter how slow you go or how quiet your bike is, they are going to bitch to the rangers
  4. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    come on guys, admit it and be more objective. i personally saw several not all just have no regards to our neighbors ,didn't care about those adv riders camped next to the dirt road and filling their tents with dust, or uphold the safety of all the little animals running across the street.....:gerg

let's stop the bullshit and focus on something more positive.

[​IMG]
  5. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    Sbbiller - I don't know what you are talking about. I was the one who stopped with you as well as roger. We both sat there with you while you tried to start your bike. After about five minutes Roger rode up to tell the others and I belive sito rode up. Well, Then I tried to start my bike which now won't start on an up hill single track full of rocks (fun for me). Well after turning my bike around by hand I bump started my bike (which seemed like the only way my bike started most of the weekend)
    Well, To shorten the story a little I asked you again on my way up what you wanted to do and you said " I am going to walk it back to camp" And It was pretty much down hill back to camp maybe a mile or two. I said ok - your bike looks almost brand new that sucks. And then I rode up to catch the other guys, not to mention I saw anysunday just up the trail from where I left you and asked him if he was looking for the guy on the dead KTM he said yeah I told him you where just down the trail and heading back to camp. I dont know how he missed you. Sorry about your bad luck but don't be a cry baby. I would have stayed with you but you passed on my offer.

Sbbillder - great pictures, but the story is just a little off.

Thanks to all the guys who put on the ride - next time I go up to Km I will bring my CR250 which always starts on the first kick - anyone want to buy a XR 650 R - I may just trade it in as a clunker !
  6. NSFW

Oddometer:
    dale got a good score :clap
    [​IMG]

stephanie's was better :clap :clap
    [​IMG]

xymotic took the 1st place...:clap :clap :clap
    [​IMG]
  7. NSFW

Oddometer:
    hopefully stephanie will teach her hubby +1 how to do water crossing with a big splash....:D
    [​IMG]

stephanie aka motocrazy, this girl can ride....:ricky
    [​IMG]

at the end, xymotic has the cleanest bike.
    [​IMG]
  8. sbbillder

sbbillder Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Bro, bro, bro.... easy!! Maybe you should re-read my post.

First & foremost, I'm not trying to bring drama to an awesome weekend, I will have respect for those that put forth the effort to make the weekend a complete success!!

The purpose of my post is not to complain about my situation or my being stranded....I can handle myself stuck on the trail. I am fully aware that on rides like this I am no one's responsibility!! I appreciated everyone, including you, coming by me asking if I was cool, which I was...my bike just wouldn't start. I wasn't hurt & I knew what I needed to do. As i was within walking distance of camp, I would not have wanted ANYONE to wait for me or blow their ride because of my deal. If I had seen AnySunday on the trail as he came back to get me, I would have told him to go catch you guys & ride.

Honestly, I wasn't pissed or upset at my situation at all...yeah I was bummed I didn't get to ride with you guys, but that's it. I had no reason to be pissed....my bike breaking was no one's fault but my own.....& I pretty much knew it on the trail.

The purpose of my post is to only mention that in our group of 9 or 10 rider's, someone allowed someone else to take a wrong turn on a trail...by not waiting for that person at a junction. I find this irresponsible in a group ride, and I doubt I would find too many people that disagree with me.

Peace
  9. dirty adventurer

dirty adventurer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was my first trip to Kennedy Meadows and my first time riding with you FFs
    Joel giving the talk

[​IMG]

I wanted to go on an intermediate ride, but accidentally fell into trailtrick's group :eek1. I swear I just got sucked in.:huh
    [​IMG]

I decided to ride it out on my stock XR400 since I haven't ridden much single track before, and I was really enjoying the ride:ricky,
    [​IMG]

I was starting to feel soreness from riding the day before and was glad that I met up with bajarider650 & Sito. We had a great ride and I kept myself from further injury(both physically and around the campfire), since I am still not 100% since breaking my collar bone.
  10. starchaser

starchaser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all for some really gerat rides, chow and cold drinks :wink: . My pics are few as I was trying to stay upright on that single track! Good seeing some old faces and meeting new ones.

+1, let me know when your ready purelick, I want to ride that jeep trail again.

This was on our way to the water crossings. Note the small fire in the distance.

[​IMG]

Purelick

[​IMG]

rhinoeater

[​IMG]

James

[​IMG]

Bob can ride that 200!

[​IMG]

Soon we arrived at the water crossings, cooled off and enjoyed some much needed chow. Thanks Joel and M1Jeep!!!
  11. motocrazy

motocrazy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    David took most of these pics. His XChallenge is a great pack mule! I get off easy and only have to carry what fits in my backpack....................:rofl
  12. sbbillder

Oddometer:

WOW!!

Crossing is deeper than it looks! Great shot! Prolly a little chilly after that!!
  13. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    After I whined a little bit h8c lent me his windbreaker which saved my ass on the ride home:clap
  14. sbbillder

Oddometer:

Windbreaker???? Dood, I'm thinking more like a wet suit with that crossing. Also, it must've rained on you guys while you were still out on the trail!

Made for little dust & great traction.
  15. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    THe ride back was one of those amazing jaw dropping experiences. We were haulin ass, flyin off whoops and I dunno about the others but I was just grinning ear to ear thinking how great the bike was running and having a blast.

The windbreaker saved me from having a massive evaporation cooler on my chest. I was wearing a T shirt and a mesh Pressure suit.

When we hit the highway, I got cold :wink: That's why I didn't feel bad bogarting the heat from the campfire. I kept scooting my chair closer:evil
  16. NSFW

Oddometer:
    aaron aka moses parting the red sea (mini version).......:eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. NSFW

Oddometer:

:mulie ..........:lol3 , girl you're bad:pierce
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:
    thanks john for the pic.

what's the scoop about this new rear tire waffle thread design that 2wheelsgood and knlkern have on their bikes?............:scratch
    [​IMG]
  19. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Trials tires :evil
  20. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    They stick pritty good if you can maintain your momentum(low gearing)