Kennedy Meadows Oct. 13-16 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Klammer, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:

She is still a little under the weather but MUCH better. I took an educated guess that she would get much better by going lower. I have seen altitude sickness strike as low as 6000 ft. It can strike at any time with little or no warning. Usually the vomiting and cold, clammy skin go away as soon as you get lower. Of course I am no doctor and it could very well be something else. If she is not 100% by tomorrow we will see her doctor monday morning.
  2. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yikes... Well at least she improved. Bummer ya had to cut the trip short. I wish I was at 7000ft right now. I'm nursing sore ribs and shoulder...
  3. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    Dang
  4. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    Back home after another great trip to KM. What a terrific group of people, thank you all for coming and making this trip outstanding! Not to mention that we ate like kings! Chris I'm glad Carol is feeling better, you made the right desision. You have a real keeper there. See you all in the desert soon.

Rich:D
  5. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Hey radbrad511, I was wondering why you only wanted to turn left. Now I know ! I'm really glad to meet you and Jaleen. We really had a blast.
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_io_sCr7m3w" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  6. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    post up some pics!! was there snow???
  7. purelick

purelick DIRTRIDER

Oddometer:
    WOW what a great trip. thank you everybody. when can we go again:clap
  8. MKJ

MKJ Married w/ Children

Oddometer:
    You bringing coffee? Thanks for a great trip. My first time to Kennedy Meadows after 40 years of riding and loved every second. Great group of guys. I would ride with any of you anywhere at any time. Thanks Rich.
  9. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  10. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    I knew something was up when I saw Brad ride the rocks. No bobbles. Very smooth and controlled. It's probably a treat for him to have a heaver bike running on gas with brakes, a wet clutch, and a few more gears!
  11. tex_downey

tex_downey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a killer time. put 400 miles on the BMW and loved it all. :clap

add in the magic shrooms and hearing from a guy that races with out brakes how hard core i am for riding out on pavement made:huh my day. :D
  12. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh man!!!!
  13. IntrepidRunner

IntrepidRunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was a great trip. Anyone that did not go really missed out. The backside of the mountain was damp with fresh snow. RadBrad said it was chocolate cake!

Other than Carol getting altitude sickness, no one got hurt. Really great riding, fresh air, beautiful sights, and good company. :freaky

Crossing the South Fork of the Kern River was fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos or video of the Grinch blasting through it, and all the other images.

Thanks Klammer and Purlick for organizing the trip and the daily rides. I'm bummed I had to leave the party Saturday night.

Now when are we going back? :D
  14. TOPI1967

TOPI1967 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hey Jim,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Every time I got to KM I get nausea in the mornings (no, it’s not hangover). The only thing I can do is ride my bike and hope that the nausea goes away, it’s been a 100% success!:thumb<o:p></o:p>
    My body is just not good with altitude :(:, I‘ve always had problems where my friends had no effect.<o:p></o:p>
  15. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    Riders KM '11

This was the best trip of the year. I am so tired, but I still want to ride.:freaky

Attached Files:

16. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:

The good thing is that it goes away when you ride!!! I have heard of peeps getting sick like that and you would figure going lower would. Help right away. My buddy was sick for days. What a bummer..
  17. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pic... Man I was bummed this weekend...
  18. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    Bummed too, that you didnt bring that chili, we missed the beans.....:lol3

Attached Files:

19. TwoWheelsGood

TwoWheelsGood Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great weekend and thanks to the Central Valley crew for letting me tag along! I hadn't been to KM in over a year, was good to get back there.
  20. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=480 src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1534999363_7rmrmjx?width=640&height=480" frameBorder=0 width=640 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
    :freaky