1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Kennedy Meadows V (Kern Plateau) - August 24-26, 2012

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by M1Jeep, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a nice couple of smiles! Glad you had fun up there.
  2. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    I think we are all awesome just to be out there..!!

No matter the skill level we are all doing what we like to do.

Being in remote places pushing our limits... :clap

Few people do what we do and that makes as "brothers"

At least for a weekend or a day.
    On any given ride.
    I think anyone of us would give whatever it takes to help someone on the trail in need.

And after the ride it I always wish I had taken more pictures. Even just hanging around the campfire.
  3. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    LOL.. when Topi leads, you know your gonna get a fun route. He led us on a ride yesterday as well. some fun shit. :ricky
  4. radbrad511

radbrad511 Incurable

Oddometer:
    Dudes-

Sorry to have missed the cock-fest! Really NO way to measure who is fastest on a fun trail ride. ALL about having fun and hanging out. Raced at the 24 Hours of Glen Helen this weekend and WON the 40+ Expert class. Completed 53 laps of a knarly 9 mile course with my team mates. You guys should enter a team together to see who really is fast and tough!! Every lap is recorded and posted LIVE for ALL to see. No pissing, bragging or excuses required or...shut up and have FUN!!

P.S.- Son Colton won the Pro class with 73 laps!! 4 straight wins for him! Check it out at GlenHelenRaceway website. If you dont race you aint fast!!!
  5. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wish I coulda made it... Looked like a goood time. Me likey KM...

PS dont bicker guys. You both are capable riders. We all love to talk shit that's all it is....;);)

It ain't a race.... Unless there's only one beer at camp. Then it's Death Race 2000.;)
  6. ballisticexchris

Oddometer:
    Right on Brad! I thought the guys that were doing 45-50 laps were flying. 73 laps in 24 hours is amazing!
  7. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    It was good to meet everyone, hopefully one of these days I will have a weapon for the single track instead of my DR650:D

Short compilation vid...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/48832124" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="450" width="800"></iframe> The Meadows Rejects from Justin Paccassi on Vimeo.

JP
  8. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    Here's a video of where Topi led us into the rocks on Beach trail, Sep 2nd. I knew we were gonna have fun, when Steve said something like. "Wait a few minutes, I'm gonna setup for some pictures....". LOLOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFeHV2GhJZc
  9. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

embeded.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bFeHV2GhJZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wow. great video. :clap
  10. ballisticexchris

Oddometer:
    I'm not taking away from the "other guys" videos, but I really enjoy watching this kind of video showing how guys struggle, sucking gas (just like me!) on some of these trails.

I really like the team effort helping each other :muutt I would ride with you guys anytime! I remember the one time I rode with you on Alamo/Frazier Sarge. You have a huge threshold to pain. You were riding nasty trails with a bad knee no less!

:smile6
  11. K0ncept

K0ncept Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol man :D

Razr was never serious, was just messing with ya, im sure your fast, hell I used to be pretty quick too, until so many broken bones and crap forced me into 2nd place and slowing down, this is just trail riding, hanging out, bench racing and poking fun at one another, this is not the pits in the AMA National series hheheh Im not jumping on your dick or anything, im just saying if people REALLY wanted to race they have sanctioned events with results everyone can look at heheh...

I poke at my friends all the time riding, some I know well, others not so much, but it always seems everyone knows the others are always just messing around, it's in out nature..

:freaky
  12. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    Thanks Razr and Chris. It was fun. I had two weekends in a row up at Kennedy Meadows. The riders for both weeks were great bunch of guys. nothing to prove, we helped each other, pushed each other, cheered on each other, and laughed with each other. we had fun.
  13. K0ncept

K0ncept Been here awhile

Oddometer:

WTF!!!!!! bad place to fall lol!!
  14. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    another vid

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bv3HElqDKj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. schmo

schmo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The brutal part was he pretty much made it over the obstacle but just flamed out right after he made it up and had no where to put a foot down . . . luckily the bush caught him and he had a soft landing . . . no carnage to his bike either . . . with all them big rocks around, he got lucky for sure. I made it about 5 feet farther then stalled myself . . . I gotta work on that . . . when confronted with a big obstacle, I've been doing a better job hitting it hard and going over it, but I seem to be so fixated on the obstacle as soon as I'm over it I tend to stall out once I realize I made it.
  16. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    Here was last weeks video of Broder Granite rock garden..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7USrqdLbm2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    Way to abuse that clutch Sarge!:evil
  18. msgtretired

msgtretired the 'Sarge'

Oddometer:
    LOL.. that's what I do. A couple weeks ago I broke my clutch cable 7 miles out on the Tejon trail in the Los Padres forest. I use my clutch alot on that little 250 to keep traction and such. it does pretty good lugging my 235 pound lard ass around. the ktm 530 on the other hand, could tractor up anything without bogging down. .
  19. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    JP,
    Cool vid, and I'm glad to be one of the rejects...:rofl
  20. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    These videos are more of what I have experienced on my ADV rides.
    Guys helping each other having fun and the occasional go down.

I am never racing out there just trail riding.

I was just sticking up for myself.

But I am over it.

I really enjoy the pics and videos guys