1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Kernville Spring Fling dates?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by pierce, Dec 1, 2004.

?

I prefer the following dates for the Kernville Spring Fling (multiple choice

1. April 1-3

2. April 8-10

3. April 15-17

4. April 22-24

5. April 29-May 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
  2. lasvegasrider

lasvegasrider To the edge of the continents

Oddometer:
    Voted for the 8th-10th, but flexible - OOPS -

UPDATE 12/02/2004 - Full moon on the 22-24 dates? I am in - ADMIN - please change my vote, pull up the draw-bridge, and damn the torpedoes - full moon, Song Dog passing in a full howl for our toasting session- easy choice - I am in for 22-24!

The only thing that would put that weekend over the edge is for Rev to make an appearance:D

Damn, I loved Song Dog 2004, even if I broke my freaking ankle on the last night :ricky :choppa
  3. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    17th is wifey birthday. I like sex more than motorcycling. Right now I am planning to ride up with Oly on the Saturday to meet ya folks.
  4. itsatdm

itsatdm Long timer

Oddometer:
    So far any weekend is fine, only picked the 22/24 because it is a full moon that weekend, easier to pull the drunks out of the river.
  5. CraigTransalp

CraigTransalp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a fair amount of riding knowledge of the area, incliding the trails. Let me know if you need help with a route that a GS can do.
    Craig
  6. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Craig,

Welcome to the asylum. Closer to the event there will be a lot of conversation about routes, where to go and so forth. Please chip in then.

Looking forward meeting you. Join us in Death Valley the end of January.
  7. lasvegasrider

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    I 'corrected' my original post - the full moon during the 22/24 weekend ruled over my schedule for the 8/10 date, and is much more appropriate for our farewell toasts and howls to Song Dog as a great venue for this endearing group of advrider.com riders:beer :dutch :kbasa

Damn, I am glad I made it to Song Dog in April 2004 and had a chance to met ya fine folks before it was closed down by the Guv'ment. Broken ankles couldn't keep me away from this Kernville gathering. :flip

Please bring your 2004 SD mini-mugs to DVDaze and Kernville, if ya got 'em. If you don't have the mini-mugs, I 'll pass mine around - No, smartasses, I have no contagens, biologic or viral, so you better be free of them as well :dood:rofl
  8. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Those glasses are too small and they burn your lip when you drink flaming sam buca's. I need bigger glasses that do not burn lips.
  9. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
    They all burn your lips when you let it burn for 5 minutes taking pictures of the pretty blue flame before you drink it :lol3

And this early I'm in for any weekend in april. I picked the full moon date though.

[​IMG]

David
  10. lasvegasrider

Oddometer:
    Good point ole boy -perhaps you may be so kind as to have your staff transport the special Sd mini-mugs you tender lips require so as we will not be subjected to the bursting of your oral flesh.:mulie

Good man!

btw - the new cop on donkey animated gif looks pretty cool, eh? :rofl

ON POINT - FULL moon nights in Kernville, CA- gee, thinkin, thinkin,, DA! :deal
  11. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    OK, From this survey it seems that the most poular date is April 22-24. From the other survey there is sufficient interest to make this worth the while.

I will contact the guys at Mountain and River and tentatively book dinner for April, 22 (a light one) and April 23 (BBQ). I do not think we can finalize the numbers yet.

Numbers will be finalized during February. We will have to pay the deposit by the end of Fabruary.

HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLL.
  12. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    sounds good. I think the full moon cinches the deal.

if they cna't do that weekend, maybe the one immediately prior, as that will be a 1/2 moon which will be high in the sky early in the evening... of course, in a river canyon, that might disappear early
  13. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    sounds good as well. I have it on the calendar

M
  14. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Count me in. Where do I send the money?
  15. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    We will get final numbers and collect fees during the February time frame. I will probably pay the fees to M&R and hope I can collect everything from everyone. PayPal works for me. It is easy and provides an audit trail.

It is too early to take money at this stage.
  16. Superannuated

Superannuated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in.

Daniel, the minute we got into the arena Saturday I lost track of all you guys. Hope you got some good stuff and waited long enough not to get wet on the ride home.

MotoMike-it's never to early to send money, just send it to me [​IMG]
    Superannuated
  17. lasvegasrider

Oddometer:
    Paypal AOK - I'll look for the submit request that will be posted. If I miss it, just PM my sorry ass and I'll pay asap.:evil
  18. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    :dood plan on getting the head count by Jan 1 and starting the cash collection then, and getting all the money by Feb 1 then allow 2 weeks for stragglers so you have plenty of time to get it to the folks by mid feb.... :deal

DAMHIK,IJD.

:smoke :pierce
  19. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Yip, my experiences exactly. I am sure we will be able to squeeze more people in and I am sure that people will sell theirs if they can not make it. I will put the final posting up on the Annual Events list to get more exposure. It is a little hidden away here in the regional forums.

Any decent name for this event yet? Maybe someone who is good with words :mully (Mully) can think of something?
  20. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    It was good seeing you again. I managed to stay hooked up and met up with Mully, but then I lost everyone. I did bump into another buddy of mine and we had a great chat.
    I left at around 1:00p and the rain was quite light by that time. I wanted to get myself a jacket at that one wholesale place, but they were sold out of my size when I got there. They had awesome deals. I left with my credit cards intact.