Killer on the Loose in B.C.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jimandsuewalsh, Jul 20, 2019.

1. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    sorta like the Sherman "murders"?
  2. Cowtowner

Cowtowner Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    RCMP says they committed “suicide by gunfire” with two firearms located with the bodies.
  3. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    So they kill themselves fairly close to the boat. And a few kms from the suv.

Odd that the boat and belongings weren't seen earlier.

And I don't know what a rotting body smells like and I assume animals snacked on them.

Would think the dogs would find them.

In any case. Good to see it's over.

Condolences to the victims families.
    ACR likes this.
  4. bambr

bambr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    a bunch of questions, nothing is clear - "Good to see it's over".
    but perpetrators already found and punished. omg
  5. ACR

ACR 52,015

Oddometer:
    Due to the excessive damage, I have a hard time believing the boat has anything to do with them. Reminds me of a lost or abandoned boat which lost the battle with the river ice.

Straight forward version: Rav4 burns --> Set off on foot --> Stay close to and follow river (to where, no plan for this) --> Feel the world closing in + Bugs --> Suicide

Once watched a squirrel feasting on a deer carcass, local inhabitants may have dined on these two. Maybe they really did lose their minds from the bugs coupled with losing all sense of reality due to the past couple weeks and were driven to suicide. We'll likely never know, unless they did what most kids do, recorded video/took pictures (diary of events) on their phones.
    jfman likes this.
  6. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Throw in injuries after scrabbling through heavy northern forest.
    I've gone through a few dozen yards of that kind of shit and wouldn't want to go any further. Imagining endless swaths of it with no possible end in sight would be enough to end me.
    I too don't believe they had anything to do with the boat.

They showed up in my end of the woods (north east Alberta) and got stuck on a trail. A guy my kid knows unwittingly pulled them out of the ditch and sent them on their way.
    I think they were just trying to "leave no trace" before they ended themselves.

I would lay money the CBC is already working on the script for the TV movie.
  7. bambr

bambr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    some comments from the web:

innocent until proven guilty...at this point Bryer and Kam are...“suspects”...”alleged killers” ...I anxiously await “proof” (c)

This case stinks from the beginning. The teens being found dead and conveniently leave a will? That’s some phone battery! Oh sorry they just plugged into a tree. Did they say phone?!!! You mean the ones you can easily track! Why burn the vehicles? To simply hide the identities of others from the cops and public. It’s nice to know we have all accommodated some really evil people and blamed two teens who may be victims. (c)

totally agree
  8. Chilipepper

Chilipepper Baja wannabe

Oddometer:
    Yes, innocent until proven guilty. I doubt that we will ever find out all the evidence that led police to believe it was these 2, I wish they had been brought in alive so that all the story could come out. I hope the fixation on these 2 aren't leaving the real killer on the loose -it's happened before.

I'm not sure what your issue is with the phone battery. There are lots of portable chargers to keep a phone going. And track the phone? I can't say for sure about the area they were in but I can go just a few km from my home and not have a signal. I would say that just about anyone from their generation knows that phones can be tracked and would put it in airplane mode or pull the sim card. And if the phone isn't trying to connect to a network the battery life is way longer.

Burning the cars -if they were the killers and thought they could actually make a clean escape, then why not? Don't give the dogs that you know are coming a good scent, don't leave much for police to work with. If it was someone else... Are you suggesting they were kidnapped and taken that far across the country so fast? If so then I hope the police find other evidence on their remains. I don't really care about the trolls online and their comments so long as the agencies and their staff working this case don't get tunnel vision.
  9. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
  10. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't overlook the fact that they went through a First Nations police officer's roadblock and check of their vehicle
    Or....that they were seen alone in a store video
    Or....that they were assisted by a farmer when the stolen SUV was stuck in mud on his farm.

And that is just the stuff that has been relayed by folks that actually encountered the pair of them. BTW, I also believe in innocent until....
    When the evidence leads to the guilty party I hope we all remember that those responsible left that young couple's bodies (and perhaps the older gentleman) unrecognizable.
    I cannot lose sight of the fact that someone did this and at this point the evidence I've heard, unofficially, points in their direction.
  11. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Innocent until proven guilty applies only to government prosecution (assuming Canadian version is same as US version). Sure, by law, they're innocent.

Let's be realistic here though. They're fucking guilty pieces of shit that killed innocent lives. The court of public opinion doesn't have to abide by innocent until proven guilty. Guess what? Hitler was never convicted of war crimes. Should we extol the virtues of innocent until proven guilty for him too? Or the many other obviously guilty mass murderers who never went to trial? What a load of garbage.
    Lycan1, Sikorsky, chevmekanik and 2 others like this.
  12. Sikorsky

Sikorsky The Man.

Oddometer:
    cal08 likes this.
  13. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Lol. Sometimes it just works! I think it's an apt analogy.

And when I posted, I thought, damn, I just invoked Godwin's law! Lol
  14. Sikorsky

Sikorsky The Man.

Oddometer:
  15. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Where are the bleeding hearts now who were so concerned with anonymous internet forum members presuming them innocent until proven guilty? Should we still give them the presumption of innocence since they never went to trial? :lol3
    ag40 and shuswap1 like this.
  17. Vince

Vince Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No more weak arsed pansy like trials for you ha. Mate remember that freedom thing. Shot them all.
  18. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is the best outcome we could have. No bleeding heart trial about these poor misunderstood youths. Lawyers making money from tragedies etc. And no taxpayer dollars wasted on keeping them in jail. Unfortunately I may a minority.
    Bill 310, dilrod, GravelRider and 3 others like this.