Klim Adventure Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by osteo, Dec 3, 2009.

1. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:

I have been using mine all winter with a gerbings micro wire jacket and pants.. no problems.. I have ridden in temps down to the low 20's.
  2. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Works fine fine over my Aerostich heated jacket:clap:clap
  3. Pine Sol

Pine Sol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    does anyone know of a shop near LAX that has the adventure and the badlands pro (jacket and pants) in stock, that are able to be tried on? i have tried using kilm's dealer search, but havent had any luck.

i fly in and out of LAX on a regular basis, and need to try them on before i buy.

thank you
    ed
  4. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for the info on the Rally suit over a heated liner. I use a Gerbing heated jacket liner every day on my daily Winter commutes in the Seattle area and I found it quite uncomfortable to have a wide kidney belt around the outside of it. Forced the heated wires into me enough I felt them while riding so I always wear the kidney belt under the liner now. That's why I asked.
  5. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    I'm thinking of picking up the Adventure suit, but wonder how I can be sure I'm buying the latest version. How do you know?
    Also, will another version be out soon, like within the next few months?
    I'd hate to get mine, and then find out I should have waited a little while and gotten a new and improved version...

Thanks!

ktm950se
  6. Rwelch360

Rwelch360 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My catalogue arrived in the mail almost 2 weeks ago now. I had gotten an email a while back saying that they didn't have any catalogues but when they became available they would send them out. I think they have great customer service and keep you informed.

Sorry this is actually more directed towards Bobonli, I hope you got your catalogue too.
  7. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my third generation pants a few weeks ago when they first became available. Atomicmoto, Revzilla, etc will have the latest versions. Maybe some other ADV rider friendly vendors will post here. I would guess the older versions haven't been available for quite a while.
  8. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    How do you identify your pants as 3rd generation?

Thanks!

ktm950se
  9. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They look exactly the same as the second generation pants that were recalled by Klim for some sort of fabric defect. The first gen pants had the plastic Gore zipper closures on the front, the newer versions had regular zippers with a flap instead.
    I tried to get some last year but they were no longer avail and as soon as the third generation got to the US in January I bought them. They don't appear to have any changes over last years pants. I haven't seen the newest jacket to compare.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Klim-Adventure-Rally-Pant_p_102.html
  10. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There you go, some good info from a helpful vendor.
    BTW the pants are working out great:clap:clap
  11. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Could you post some pics of the 3rd generation models, particularly highlighting the latest features?
    Is this the version you have available?

ktm950se
  12. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season?

Oddometer:
  13. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    No troubles with my Gerbings.
  14. Pine Sol

Oddometer:
    very short notice... sorry.

i have the Wednesday Feb. 29 in New York city
    any shops near JFK airport that has either Adventure Rally and or Badlands Pro jacket (L or XL) and pants (40) that can be tried on?
    i tried to check Klim "find a dealer", but the listed, nearest was 32miles away
    or
    maybe if there was an inmate near by, that has these sizes, would care to meet for lunch....

thank you and sorry for the short notice...
  15. Bobonli

Bobonli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Revzilla is nearest Motorsport dealer to NYC. None in NYC. I recently called Klim to find a dealer an they pointed me to Revzilla. There are some upstate dealers but they do primarily snowmobile.
  16. inbred

inbred Sweeter than Yoo-hoo

Oddometer:
    Speaking of Revzilla....Just received the new jacket today. The old lady even stopped by on her way home from work to pick up a nice bottle of bubbly to commemorate the occasion. I am 5'10" tall, weigh 178lbs, and have a hard core dual sport rider's build. No doubt my ultimate size would be a medium large, but I went with large so I could wear a layer or two underneath. LIke everyone says, it's cut big in the belly as well as the shoulders. Sleeve length is perfect. A medium would have left me limp- wristed. Love the way it feels. Feels completely bomb proof once you cinch down the kidney belt and internal backpack clips. I purchased it mainly for northeastern winter, spring and fall riding. Can't imagine wearing it on a hot summer day, but other inmates seem to ride this jacket across the mojave desert in late july. My hat is, AGAIN, off to Revzilla for all their incredible help in working me through the questions I had surrounding the purchase. I took a weekend trip down to Philly from Syracuse a few weeks back and they really rolled out the red carpet for me. Many thanks ALSO to the authors of this thread who provided such great info. Now I have to live up to my ownership of this garment. :kbasa
    [​IMG]
  17. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Congrats!

I'll be picking my suit up soon!

ktm950se
  18. Pine Sol

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rally Pants, 40 Tall....

to whom ever has a pair out there, how roomy is the upper thigh? my main concern is that my thighs seem to fit a little bit on the tight side in my levi's. i have been in contact with Klim, and they can only tell me measurements. so im looking for someone who actually has a pair. i havent been able to find a place (or someone) that i can try them on, before i buy.
    is there much thigh difference between a 38 tall and a 40 tall? i have been told by klim, that for an extra us$100, they will add 6 inches to the bottom, so i want to make sure that they will fit me. before i dive in....

Adventure Rally Jacket 2XL

again, to someone there that has one, my main concerns are chest size and sleeve length. for the sleeves, from that bone in your shoulder, matched to the top of the sleeve, how long is it? and or, from the inside top of your armpit, to your wrist, how long is the sleeve? for the chest, im not large, just tall with long arms, im concerned that the chest size is cut for, um, a.... fatter guy. please say that it is not so....

thank you very much. in about 4 weeks, i will be flying back to north america, to pick up my xchallenge, and i hope to have my suite ready and waiting for me.....

oh, one last question... color?
    i am hoping to get grey jacket and grey pants, im thinking that even thou it might attract/ show up more dirt, it will be cooler on hot days when your out in the desert and playing in the sand.

any thoughts?

edward
  19. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Edward, what is your height, weight, chest spec?

BP
  20. bdezz

bdezz CuriousDezz

Oddometer:
    I had the warranty issue with my suit (bought last year): fuzzing up on the fabric. Sami (and Mark) from Klim central got everything set up for replacement about as promptly as possible. That is, once I decided that, no, I didn't want the Badlands Pro (I mulled it over for a day) but wanted to stay with the suit (that was a Monday), I had it at the door by Friday noon. Wow! Not only great service, but speedy and friendly. That was about a month ago.

I emailed back today to inquire about the hard, "plastic" armour pads in the elbows, knees and hips. I was informed that there was a bad batch of D3O in some of the gear and that I would get a replacement, but to please go thru the Canadian distributor (Rick @ DCI in Alberta). About 10 minutes later I got an email from Rick to call him about the replacements! Did so, and got the same, friendly, prompt service as the mothership. It's packed up now and ready to ship. Can't say enough about the service and treatment from Klim on both sides of the 49th!

As for Adv suit, or Badlands Pro, or what-have-you-cuz-it's-cheaper, I can only say that this is the best gear I've ever had. My list of tried over the years: Spidi Ergo H2Out, R2P (jkt killed by road because of a deer; still have pants) and R3P jkt (briefly—sold to an inmate in BC), AGV leather, no-name leather (with the first bike years ago), a no-name jkt wannabe, and (still have) a Canadian Motorcycle Clothing leather jkt (my winter wear off bike). Wife has Olympia and Feldsheer as does the daughter. The Adv suit is in a whole other league. Great fit and comfort. I'm a medium build (5-9, 160, lean) and the jkt fits like a glove. Pants (32) can pull over my regular pants (31, for work). I like the feel, fit and extra attention to details on the Adv suit, plus the GoreTex. No stopping to put on the liner when it rains (R2P or R3P, etc.)...just continue on...smiling:wink: You want good gear? There's lots out there and I've mentioned some. Want great gear? Adv suit. If the cost blows you away...there's lots of good gear out there...:lol3