Klim Badlands and Body Protector

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by yoohah, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

1. yoohah

yoohah Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are there any specific benefits wearing the body protector (like Leatt 3DF Airfit or similar) under the Klim Badlands? Obviously the jacket protectors are not needed in that case. I have the Leatt and I use it extensively when doing dirt riding, but then I have some light jacket, probably waterproof shell over it. The Badlands is for the touring, layering is not needed on such conditions.
  2. GSbyname

GSbyname Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Badlands Pro combo & find it good, I got a Small so it fits quite snug.
    If too loose, armor moves around & doesn't protect as well.
    Some people use larger/loose-fitting Klim for abrasion/weather, remove armor & wear a Leatt or similar tortoise-shell so armor is snug on body. Whatever you're comfy with, I guess.
    Vicresendez and yoohah like this.
  3. Vicresendez

Vicresendez Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use the klim badlands pro on days that are cooler and I think I may go down (this happens regularly ) just because of the technicalities of the ride on that note I use a simple Fox body armor on real hot days on the same type of terrain,,,does that make any sense. I hope it does to you because it doesn't to me I'm all over the map on this issue.