KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have owned Badlands Pro jacket and pants for about 6 mths now and have ridden in the Australian summer with 35 deg cel and rain. The suit is well vented and ok in these temps. When it rains the pockets will fill with water. The Goretex inner tape on my pants has come off promoting rapid filling with water of my pants pockets.

It is ok, I just manage it and remeber not to put any electronics in my pockets if riding in the rain.

As I ride almost daily in the suit I now need to wash it as it stinks. Any washing tips?
  2. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's easy to wash. Check the Klim site for the specific instructions, but basically you just wash it in the washing machine (with mild laundry detergent) and dry it (with heat and a little extra time) in the drier.

Make sure there're no lose velcro straps.
  3. sstracke

sstracke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wash it once with mild detergent (I use "Seventh Generation" laundry detergent). When that load finishes, run it through the wash cycle a second time, without soap. Tumble dry on low heat. Couldn't be easier. I've got 19K miles on my BP suit, and it looks (and smells) good. Still waterproof, too.
  4. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, will do.
  5. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, will do.
  6. num1husker

num1husker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I haven't really had a chance to take a long ride with my badlands until to day and I can tell you it's worth every penny. A couple notes.
    1. It's very heavy not sure total what the weight is but it's a chunk
    2. The protection is top notch
    3. Fit is very good for my short by fat stature
    4. Today it was around 70 degree's and even with all the vents open I did get pretty darn warm when not cruising at highway speeds. I'm on a semi-naked bike.
    5. Love the suspenders
    6. More pockets then I have to fill (very good)
    7. Have not checked out the waterproof but there is plenty about on the post
    8. For some I am sure it's ok to wear above 80F but for me it's going to be Mesh with rain gear.
    9. Quality top notch
  7. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you do test the jacket in the rain, make sure you have nothing that would be damaged by water in any pocket, they all take in water. Even the mildest rain will get into the pockets, in good amounts too.
  8. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Strange, I've not had that problem. I get dampness in the pockets, which I believed was due to sweat coming out through the Gore-Tex membrane. They have never been filled or anything beyond damp. I do, however, put my wallet inside that little whale foreskin, waterproof bag that comes with the jacket when it rains.
  9. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do the pants pockets also leak?
  10. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Mine do not.
  11. darrell

darrell Long Time BMW Rider

Oddometer:
    I've rode over 2000 miles in rain; some very heavy, on a R1150GSA and K1200RS and I've not had one leak in either the pants or jacket. My outfit was purchased in July 2013.

My jacket and pants were made in China per the tags.
  12. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if relevant but my BP jacket and pants were bought in Sep 14 and were made in Vietnam. The inner Goretex tape in my pants pockets has come off and my pants pockets always end up,with a pool of water after rain. All of the jacket pockets get the same.

Maybe the quality has reduced?
  13. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    Actually it's the armor that has kept me from buying a Badlands. The D3O is not up to par with the BMW NP in protection. And because the D3O is so small, you can not simply install NP in your Badlands. IMHO Klim missed the boat in this area.

DW
  14. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a good (bad?) highside and credit the Badlands jacket and pants with helping me get up and walk away unscathed. :dunno

But what do I know, maybe crashing in a BMW NP-equipped suit would have made me feel like I just came out of the spa... :lol3
  15. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Klim's not the only ones. My first motocycle jacket and pants were bmw and I was surprised no one else makes gear with full coverage protectors. It looks like the new Revit line is trying, but still not close.
  16. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pardon my ignorance, what is BMW NP?
  17. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's their armor; it's quite good and is very large (albeit heavy).
  18. Sundog

Sundog Lost

Oddometer:
    I assume they are selling the new model now. Does anybody know what the changes were/are going to be? I see at least one site saying that they have a 2015 jacket, and most say "new" but I have not found anything saying what was changed. Anybody know?

Thanks
  19. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Looking at the website, it looks exactly like mine and the specs are exactly the same. That leads me to believe they may have adjusted the fit (if that?) but not much else.
  20. Sundog

Sundog Lost

Oddometer:

Well, they have adjusted the price too i think!