KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    +1 for synthetics. Layer up. Short sleeve syn, long sleeve syn, then mountain hardware alchemy jacket. MH Alchemy is thin, warm, and treated for moisture. On closeout at Everest dot com site
  2. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    I came across this KTM version earlier today and since my XL Grey jacket is a bit too snug with more than a thin layer AND I do ride at KTM 950Adventure I could not resist and pulled the ticker and bought it without much hesitation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-KLIM-BADLANDS-PRO-JACKET-/291417402192?var=&hash=item43d9d4ab50

Does anybody know that background and story on this version, I have been following KLIM for the last 12-15 months, but never seen this version anywhere before.

[​IMG]
  3. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
  5. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, KTM Twins are also selling them I just realised.
  6. muck

muck new york

Oddometer:
    Anybody see or touch the revised badlands for this year ?
  7. Texas1600

Texas1600 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered the new jacket and pants from Revzilla this morning. Should hopefully have them by Friday.
  8. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Texas1600 I would also be pleased to hear you thoughts upon receipt of the new Badlands. Not sure if I like the look...
  9. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI, that KTM version appears to be the old version, not the new one which was just released. Still a great jacket, I have one in Hi-Viz and love it. Everyone should be aware that they have just released a new version though. Most likley, if you see a discount that looks too good to be true, it's the previous version.
  10. muck

muck new york

Oddometer:
    Awesome give us the info when you get it GC :thumb
  11. arjayes

arjayes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw the new stuff a few weeks ago at a Klim event at a local BMW dealer. Very nice. Outer shell material feels lighter and less stiff than the old shell, which I own. The superfabric looks good and adds a lot of abrasion protection. The new black shell material also looks blacker than the old kind of grayish bkack. Collar imporoved. New suit is significantly lighter than the old one. Wasn't abke to try the stuff on (too many people) so can't comment on fit. I hate the baggy fit of the old BP pants. Hopefully they tightened that up some.
  12. muck

muck new york

Oddometer:
    I like what I hear now I just hope they trimmed the fit a little in the sleeves
  13. MaxSeven

MaxSeven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. I also hope they reduced the loaded diaper-sized fit through the seat, brought the rise up a bit, and narrowed the legs in the pants.
    ST-Explorer likes this.
  14. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    You can watch Revzilla's videos to have a better look at this new suit.

/thinking of selling my "old" Badlands Pro suit :evil
  15. milzispete

milzispete who did what where?

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of replacing my Badlands pro too. But not for a new Badlands. I have been checking out the new Spidi ergo 365 pro and the venting looks way better, as does the protection. Haven't tried one on yet tho
  16. arjayes

arjayes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I was going to swap Klim for another brand it would definitely be Rukka. Tune into the YST forum (YamahaSuperTenere.com). There are some hard-core riders there who compared Klim vs Rukka and chose Rukka (backed up by thousands of miles of riding in all conditions). The only hiccup is the price. But Klim is still damn good and American made. I'll stick with them until they just aren't competitive any more, as long as they keep up the stellar customer service.
  17. arjayes

arjayes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Klim is based in Idaho. That qualifies doesn't it? They probably outsource the manufacturing like most apparel companies but it's all designed, spec'd and repaired in Idaho.
  18. NewToMe

NewToMe safety 3rd

Oddometer:
    My 2014 BLP says it was made in Vietnam. Not American made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least when in Europe Klimt warranty is troublesome and complicated. Rukkar replace or repair in days hassle free no questions asked. But still love my badlands pro at least it makes me feel small when I can fit in a XL....
  20. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    I chose the Badlands Pro because I wouldn't have to mess with all those removable liners anymore, so the Spidi is definitely not a choice for me.

Here in Europe it's easier to find Rukka's gear than Klim's gear but I went for the Klim after trying the Rukka's laminated Goretex suits. Oh gosh, those jackets are so heavy and the ventilation is so bad... Clearly not a choice for an all-weather jacket, even without the thermal layer. Those suits aren't made for riding in 20°C + temps.