KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Widtsoe

Widtsoe Add throttle

Oddometer:
    Seems solid.

Dainese D-Explorer costs about the same. I like the layering of the functional parts, versus that of the Klim. I also think that the D will vent better.
  2. Texas1600

Texas1600 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Received my new Badlands Jacket and Pants today. I bought through Revzilla and they were directly shipped from Klim.

First off - the quality is excellent. This is my first jacket or pants from Klim but I must say I am impressed. Material is comfortable but I think it will get even better once I get a few miles on them.

The fit is near perfect for me. I am 5'11", 200#'s. I ordered the large in the jacket and 34 Tall in the pants. I wear a 34 inseam in jeans and the tall fit me perfect. My only gripe is the jacket is a bit tight under the arms. Chest, shoulders, and arm length are perfect though so going to an XL would have been a mistake.

All I can compare these to are the BMW Rallye 3 jacket and pants. Those were fine but they were too big for me and hated wearing them. Much more impressed with the Klim gear!

BTW, if anyone is looking for the new blue Rallye 3 jacket and pants, I am about to list them on ebay. Size 58 jacket and 54 pants. Worn 3 times.
  3. muck

muck new york

Oddometer:
    Hey Texas you wrote they where tight under the arms? Did you mean in the arms? Thanks
  4. Texas1600

Texas1600 Adventurer

Oddometer:

I should have been more descriptive. I just meant when I cross my arms, right around my armpit, kind of on the outside of my pecks, it's a tad tight. If that makes any sense at all... I'm hoping it will be better once I get the jacket broken in some.
  5. muck

muck new york

Oddometer:
    Gotcha thanks.
  6. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tks appreciated Tex - happy riding !
  7. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 that's why I went with the Badlands Pro. I don't mind the roomy cut, so I don't think I'll be racing out for the new version. If I was thinking about it, I would take a hard look at the Adventure Rally suit.
  8. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    FYI revzilla has a 25% off sale:clap
  9. GCecchetto

Oddometer:
    How many of you folks using the badlands Pro use the internal hydration pocket? I'm trying to decide if I am going to buy a hydration pack , or just put a bladder in the jacket. Kind of leaning towards the internal pocket. Seems a little funky to access, but not the end of the world, and with 3 a liter capacity it's probably a once a day deal at the most.
  10. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I thought it was only 2 liters. :dunno I have never used it because it's so wonky. I just use a Kreiga hydration pack.
  11. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    i stuff a water bladder in mine all the time
  12. MaxSeven

MaxSeven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Based on Revzilla's video, the new pants look much better, especially the two draw straps positioned above and below the knees - which would cinch any extra "flappy" material away. I still think Klim could do something with the bubble butt thing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RbFDWSmaMUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Tiny Swedish Climate Demon Supporter

Oddometer:
    does anyone know how big of a bladder the hydration pouch on the new Badlands will take? My only bladder is a 3L camelbak and it was obviously way too large when I tried last week
  14. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    The Klim rep I spoke with said 3 Liters. Not confirmed personally however.
  15. VincitOmnia

VincitOmnia Flyover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've done it both ways (internal and external bladder). The internal is really convenient and slick. The only issue I've ever had is that if you use cold water the bladder will develop condensation. That condensation will then run down the bladder and the inside of your jacket and into your pants leaving you with a very wet butt. Not a big deal if it's hot outside, but if it's even a little bit cool that gets old really fast.
  16. StriderTB

StriderTB Strudel

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a rainy trip to Starbucks. :evil

[​IMG]
  17. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    The biggest bummer for me with a camelback on ANY jacket with vents is it pinches the airflow off kinda defeats the purpos of vents, so much so that I tried wearing the pac under the jacket with just the hose hanging out.... Worked ok..
    I pretty much ride where it's hot and hotter.
  18. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    :nod That's pretty much the biggest issue for me too. When it gets really hot, I strap my Kreiga hydration pack to my tank bag.
  19. GCecchetto

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm...I rode 120 miles on Friday with the hydration bladder in the jacket in temps that were in the mid 80's and didn't notice any reduced ventilation.
  20. rokdktr

rokdktr Adventure North

Oddometer:
    I use the internal bladder on mine religiously. Somewhat awkward to get in the first couple times, but takes about 3 minutes to remove, fill, and replace now that I've done it a few times.

Anything built in works well for me.