KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. pingvin

pingvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'-10", 200lbs, should I buy Large or XL for Badlands? Normally use XL but understand these are American sized running a size bigger than European.

I need plenty space for layering (ride down to freezing temps).
  2. 12Bong13

12Bong13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would probably go with XL then. I am 5'10'', 165lbs and I have a L. I can layer a medium fleece under.
  3. menotknow

menotknow always n00b

Oddometer:
    6'-0", 190lbs, I have L and it leaves plenty of place for layering.
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's pretty funny. I'm looking at a badlands as a replacement sorta. The ergo pro is the best jacket I've ever owned. Unfortunately, the waterproofing sucks. Fortunately, I got it for a steal, so it's not a huge deal, but if I paid full price I'd be bummed.

If you want more details, pm me

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have an Armas full suit, and it is amazing as long as it's below 75 or so, otherwise you'll cook. I don't consider it a good touring jacket for that reason. I have pants for sale in the FM if you're interested.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  6. mischief

mischief misadventurer

Oddometer:
    So, would you guys wear something of a liner in the Badlands pants when it's hot? Something to keep them from sticking to your skin? Or just wear them like a pair of jeans? I've never had riding pants before, just used jeans and knee pads.
    Thanks
  7. an13

an13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. AliveDK

AliveDK Long timer

Oddometer:
    No liner is needed in hot weather IMHO.
  9. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Agreed, with an exception. Myself and the two friends of mine that have the Badlands pants and have done multiday trips all found that our knees got chafed. We've started wearing MX knee brace sleeves and that's taken care of the problem.
  10. LittleWiggler

LittleWiggler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did a 2 day Rawhyde training class followed by a 6 day Colorado BDR, then 3 days in the Utah Unita mountains with only breifs and a non-cotton sport shirt under the new Badlands Jacket and Pants. I was worried about the knees but did not have any chaffing.
  11. pingvin

pingvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went for L and it's the right size. Enough space for layering. If anything, it's a bit roomy in the arms with t-shirt only. The lower arm is easy to tighten with the velcro strap but the upper arm strap (also keeping vent open so even less effective then) not that effective IMO.

Still, impressed with suit, can't wait to try it outside living room :lol3

Thanks for advices !
  12. camperdad

camperdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We rode the TAT in ours with nothing but non cotton undies and t-shirts and it was fine. No chaffing, knees fine, etc. We had two straight days of rain which we kinda enjoyed. We just hung them up and let them drip dry in the motel tub. The next day it didn't rain so we put them on wet and rode and they were dry by noon. The hottest day was 104 on the White Rim Trail in Moab. 130 miles of hot. I had to take my jacket off. I rode the other 4000 miles with all the gear on. After 10 days we had to wash them because they were smelling like butt crack.
  13. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I wore LD Comfort long pants under my Badlands pants and still wear them under any of my goretex ridjng pants.
  14. Scourge

Scourge Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wear Under Armor Heat Gear spandex type compression stuff under the Badlands Pros. The sweat wicking and cooling properties of the UA stuff work well if I can get some moving air in. They also dry fast, don't chaff when damp and don't stink after sweating in them. The shirt/jacket combo work well because the venting can get air. I have to occasionally stand to get any breeze into the pants - although my hate for these pants in general has me wearing other gear anyway.
  15. tyrolean

tyrolean Langsamfahrer/slomo

Oddometer:
    Am Passo Giao mit der neuen 1190-iger und dem Klim Badlands pro

image.jpg
  16. Pasch

Pasch 1%er Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ^ thats very nice, looks increible
  17. Pasch

Pasch 1%er Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sooo my father 50+ years riding, went balls out and got himself a Super Adventure 1290 and it comes with the Badlands KTM Suit, yes I know its the old version but I don't care
    Order it for myself, since I got him a great deal, and he's not the type of guy who wears logos and orange... so I kept it, but thinking of maybe selling it.

Im 6'2 slim, tried and liked Medium, lets see when it gets here if I made the right choice

So whats your opinion forum compadres; currently Ive been riding for 23 years this december and I think I deserve some good water proof stuff jajaja

Keep the suit, I will paint all the logos
    Sell it and order an Aerostich one piece R3 Stealth

I ride hard and long distance and try to cover as much dirt as posible, says to just keep it
    Current gear Olympia Jacket and Thor Pants

Pasch NorthCarolina 2014 FB11.jpg
  18. Kavalier

Kavalier Dorkar Adv Poseur

Oddometer:
    I've seen several folks say they're using a down layer with this coat when it's cold - howzzat work? I tried it lastnight on a 38f rainy Seattle commute and froze mah butt off :-) With ten ponds of Gore\Cordura\3m\D3O\YKK plastic wizardry sitting on top of my technical down sweater, plus freeway winds, I got near zero-loft in the arms and shoulders, and maybe 10-15% loft in the chest and back... Down effectiveness relies on it's ability to loft, so under these circumstances, it barely managed to offer the same warmth I get from a 100-weight fleece pull-over.
  19. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I wear a Windstopper fleece. No idea how someone would wear a down jacket under a Badlands. :dunno
    Kavalier likes this.
  20. motnodgir

motnodgir Hah!

Oddometer:
    I wear a Capilene or merino wool base layer and my Patagonia Nano puff jacket underneath my Badlands...very warm combination. No bulk and no worries of loseing thermal abilities as the Nano Puff is Prima Loft, I will buy another Nano Puff.
    Kavalier likes this.