KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Crescent

Crescent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear a Yeti fleece from EDZ http://www.edzlayering.com/product/yeti-fleece-jacket-denim-blue/ under my Badlands with just a T shirt. Works fine even down to -5 is still comfortable. I have used a micro down jacket before but the Yeti is way better, basically it is a double sided fleece so traps air in both sides. Also has thumb hols which helps when putting Badlands on.
  2. Crescent

Oddometer:
    By the way, I found this thread as was looking into why I was getting wet arms in med/heavy rain, thought the gortex was compromised but the wet patches were the same on both arms. I can confirm the same as other riders that the bicep air vent zips leak as the storm covers get blown open when on motorway, not good on a premium jacket. Anyone found a fix yet? Old Badlands by the way. Guessing Klim knew about the issue as redesigned the cover on the new version.
  3. dohcfox

dohcfox meh

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I noticed some dampness in my '14 Badlands Pro's sleeves today during a shitty, rainy 10 mile commute home.
  4. Crescent

Oddometer:
    Update on this. I contacted Klim and they were brilliant. Had to send it off to Austria for testing, 10 days later got a reply to say that they could not repair and so sent me a brand new jacket out, new model also as old version no longer available. Well done Klim, great service.
    JensEskildsen likes this.
  5. fnatic

fnatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow that's good customer service right there... ! Very rare nowadays.
  6. 990missile

990missile The Missile 990

Oddometer:
    I am having leaking issues with my Badlands bought about 3 years ago but lightly used. Today it again leaked like a sieve at both the arms whilst riding my (sorry for the next bit) BMW K 1200 GT, which has a huge fairing for approx 30 minutes on the motorway. I was soaked. Am in contact with Klim customer service and about to send it for "testing" in Switzerland. We shall see. Not impressed with the waterproofness at all, but otherwise its a great jacket.
  7. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    when you close your arm vents, did you make sure to 'park' your zipper pulls snug. a little extra push usually helps.,, try that before you send it off. just a thought.
    BIG-E likes this.