Klim Baja S4 - opinions yet?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by spuh, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, because I don't like the other colors. I wanted a grey suit but the grey one is pretty bad imo.
  2. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to fit the enduro rain jacket in the rear pocket or hydration pocket of the S4 baja?
  3. Oilerjet

Oilerjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that is mentioned earlier in this thread. I don’t yet have mine, but I understand that it is possible, but a tight fit. Hopefully mine arrives this week and I can confirm.
  4. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just read page 4 of the thread. It fits: how well, is left up to the buyer. I think what I was asking was..." is it designed to fit in the pocket, as a system? Same answer, I guess.
    Thanks
  5. yoohah

yoohah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    About the color, I have a black. My previous mesh suit was grey with some white accents. Difficult to keep clean all kind of stain is very visible. The black Baja S4 is not hot at all, but we don’t have a desert here. And other important aspect is that I have a black Badlands I bought last year. My SO didn’t notice my S4 as a new set of motorcycle gear...
    GR8SKP likes this.
  6. SSPhoto

SSPhoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How packable is the Enduro S4 jacket? I've been using a Dakar setup for off-roading and a Traverse jacket/pant for dualsport/adventure trips (all riding on a Husqvarna FE450). I'd like to get a shell for wet weather over the Dakar jacket and trying to decide between the Forecast, Stowaway and Enduro S4.
  7. GR8SKP

GR8SKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It doesn’t stow into one if it’s pockets like the forecast. A little beefier. I rolled one up yesterday at the dealer, it ain’t small. I’d guess the jacket would take up about 5L space. I want to check out the forecast next time I’m there.
    levain likes this.
  8. Some_Dude

Some_Dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rolled into its hood (boot/helmet for size perspective). Size is uncompressed... it’ll squeeze down smaller if stuffed into something. Personally, I roll it up into its hood and stick it in my backpack or a tail bag.

[​IMG]

Flattened out and stuffed into the pocket of a Dakar (not how I’d carry it, but some people have been asking about the S4 and maybe this’ll give some idea)

[​IMG]
    GR8SKP likes this.
  9. ZoomerP

ZoomerP Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    GR8SKP likes this.
  10. ZoomerP

Oddometer:
    My Baja jacket arrived today, and I can definitely see why the torso length may not work for you. I wear a Large jacket with the Klim Carlsbad, so ordered the Baja in Large, too. I get a small amount of lumpiness on the front, but not as bad as you described; I'm 6'/200 lbs. Unlike some jackets, I doubt the fabric of the Baja will relax and become more flexible over time, since it's already pretty floppy when new.

With your shorter torso, the Medium may fit much better for length, but only you can tell if the chest & shoulders of a Medium will fit properly. I've had problems with chest or shoulders being too restrictive with some jackets due to the way they're cut, and you may find that the Baja is either too long (L) or too constricting (M - especially with your Thor armor underneath) for you. If you haven't already, I'd have both the L & M on hand so you can compare, and send one (or both) back.
    Ccieurzo likes this.
  11. ZoomerP

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried adding a kidney belt to rein in the mid-section? I agree that it's a shame Klim didn't add a simple elastic band or adjusters to help dial in the fit.
  12. SSPhoto

SSPhoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info!
  13. Johannes Carlsson

Johannes Carlsson Spreadsheet Racer

Oddometer:
    I have been looking for a good kit setup for a while, bought the Carlsbad but found the pants didn't fit and jacket a bit bulky.

Been eyeing the Marrakech, how does it stand against the Baja S4?

Does the Enduro have similar bulk as the new Traverse? Thinking it could be something to combine with a Marrakesh, or is the Traverse good as a street jacket?
  14. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marrakesh flows much less air - if you’ve worn racing leathers, it’s basically like wearing a jacket/pant made almost entirely of the stretch panels used in leather stuff. Reasonable airflow, but not nearly as much as mesh/perforations. also the Marrakesh pants won’t fit over bulkier boots.
  15. Johannes Carlsson

Johannes Carlsson Spreadsheet Racer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Sweden so maybe then Marrakesh and Traverse will suit me then. Now i use a Haglöfs jacket over my Scott jacket if it's cold/rainy just unzip the hood and it wont flap around. But the black scott set is a bit warm over 25C
  16. GR8SKP

GR8SKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wondered how much air the Marrakesh would flow, this is a useful analogy. I wanted the Marrakesh but since they're completely sold out in my size I ordered for the Baja. And I guess for off-road use I made the better choice.
  17. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It’s totally fine for pants in hotter weather - the same airflow as the Motoport Keprotec pants I have (maybe a tad more), but for me at least the jacket taps out around 80. If you’re in an arid climate, the lower airflow might be great, since you won’t dehydrate as quickly. Not good for slow speed off-road tho.
    GR8SKP likes this.
  18. jack70

jack70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am planning to wear a Baja S4 jacket in combination with a Tech-Air 5 Vest. How much room gives the stretch for deploying the airbag? Can anyone measure the stretch of the jacket?
  19. ZoomerP

Oddometer:
    The jacket has stretch panels, but for what you're wanting to know, I think you'll need to see how loosely the jacket fits your body. As has been mentioned, the jacket has a box cut, so the chest measurement is constant to the bottom of the jacket.

The sizing information on this page may be helpful: https://www.motorcyclegear.com/stre...d_vests/mesh_jackets/klim/baja_s4_jacket.html
  20. Siorc

Siorc Tiger Shark Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had belt loops put onto my pants, and the fit is much better now IMHO. Also now able to carry heavy belt-mounted accessories.
    ZoomerP likes this.