Klim Boot Issues

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sabbey, Jul 23, 2021.

1. sabbey

sabbey n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked up a pair of Klim boots early this riding season. After 30-40 pavement rides they are starting to fall apart. I am not one to knock Klim as most of my gear is made by them, and I have had great success with the fit and the quality. These boots on the other hand seem very expensive for the level of quality. Anyone else have similar issues with the boots?

I hope their warrantee department eventually gets back to me, as it is much easier to buy a item from them then have a issue dealt with.
    klim boot.jpg klim tear.jpg
    Oeths and Urbandrag like this.
  2. Urbandrag

Urbandrag KLiM Beotch!

Oddometer:
    Another huge fan of Klim here but I still stuck to my Arai Xd4 and my squeaky Sidis Adv1.
  3. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it the BOA system that failed?
  4. sabbey

sabbey n00b

Oddometer:
    yeah, its the mid turnbuckle it loops through pulled out of the leather upper. the boa system does not seem well engineered nor does it function well. Boots are decent overall, a bit big and clunky compared to a pair of sidis i normally ride with, but the extra support on longer trips is nice.
  5. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    An attachment point letting go is, shall we say, not ideal. One upside of the BOA system is that in most applications it's not that hard to replace out of warranty, and I do like the uniform pressure and secure fit I get with them on my Gaerne Race Boots / pedal shoes. I have heard the system can have issues with dirt buildup, not sure how Klim has implemented it but at least on my race boots there's a separate entry zipper and the BOA adjustment is just used to kind of "set and forget" the tightness. I previously had SIDI race boots at one point which used their knock off BOA system, but you had to do them down every time. It was kind of a pain.

Good ole ratchet buckles are nice and foolproof/super durable though....