Klim jerseys

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ColumboNH, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ColumboNH

ColumboNH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im looking for a jersey to wear over armor for off road riding and low speed dual-sport. I like the Klim Dakar Pro and Mojave Pro (not the price though). It seems like the Dakar is heavier duty but the Mojave is cooler? There are no stores near me that have these jerseys in stock, can anyone give me an opinion of these jerseys? Thanks!
  2. Mountainhound

Mountainhound Long timer

Oddometer:
    Freedom cycle in concord carries them both. I have the Dakar and like it. I bought it from freedom cycle.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. ColumboNH

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Do you think the Dakar is the better match for my type of riding?
  4. Mountainhound

Mountainhound Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your welcome! Either will work.
  5. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Mojave. I can't complain about it. Its tough and cool.
  6. ColumboNH

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, do these run on the small side as Klim’s stuff normally does? I’m 6’ 200 lbs and wearing this over a Tekvest and elbow guards, any suggestions for sizing?
  7. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    To me, Klim got the sizing wrong on the Dakar and Mojave compared to other brands. At 6’1” 220 lbs I’m an XL over a Fox Titan in any brand out there. A 2X Dakar and Mojave is snug on me even without the Fox rig underneath. I have a Dakar jacket, and an Overland set. Both are XL and plenty roomy.

I went back to my stash of mis-matched XL motocross jerseys. YMMV
    GR0NK likes this.
  8. Donny312

Donny312 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've put around 4 thousand miles on a Mojave jersey (2016 model) and it's held up great. It's not as heavy as the Dakar jersey (same goes for the pants), but if venting is a high priority for you, I'd go Mojave. I also like that the colors aren't real loud like a lot of the motocross oriented brands and the light grey I have doesn't absorb a ton of sunlight which helps with cooling.

I'm 6', 195-200 lbs, and wear it over a XL Fox Titan armored jacket and it fits well. I've been real happy with it.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  9. ColumboNH

Oddometer:
    Donny312- maybe I missed it but what size jersey are you wearing over the fox armor?
  10. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    The Tactical Pro jersey is showing up in a few hours. I tried on the large at Klim before I ordered and I'm not sure if my Leatt 5.5 armor and elbow pads will fit underneath. I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs and went with the large rather than XL because I think the sleeves would have been too long on the XL. I'll update this afternoon.
  11. BobcatSig

BobcatSig Single Track Beater

Oddometer:
    Curious as to how it fits. I'm after a more dual sport jersey and the Tactical seems to fit the bill.

As to the Dakar jerseys; I like them. I have two. One, I'v hucked myself many times out riding my 250 on single track. And while it's showing some damage, it hasn't torn - unlike every other jersey I've wrecked in. I do find the sleeves way too narrow. They are hard to squeeze in my Leatt elbow/forearm armor. Fits well without much flapping otherwise.
  12. Donny312

Donny312 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry. XL. I have fairly broad shoulders so that’s generally what size long sleeve shirt I would wear.
  13. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I got the large Tactical Pro jersey this evening. It fits over the Leatt 5.5 armor but barely. I have two sets of elbow pads and had to use the thinner pair. The jersey is tapered and it's an exercise in shoulder flexibility getting the jersey over the shoulder pads. It would be easier to get on over a pressure suit or something similar
    BobcatSig likes this.
  14. ColumboNH

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update! I want to wear it over a tekvest with shoulder pads, sounds like that could be difficult.
  15. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6' and just under 155lbs. I wear a Rally Sport Tekvest (the one with the shoulder pads) in a medium. All of my medium sized Klim jerseys (I think the 2016 versions?) easily fit over my vest.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  16. aldend123

aldend123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2016 Mojave (non-Pro) in Large, that I can wear over my XL Fox Titan suit and we're about the same size. It's a bit awkward to get over the armor, but once on it's 'just right'. An XL shirt would be easier to take on/off.

While the Mojave line is aimed at more airflow than the Dakar products, I find because of all the layers worn off road, Mojave is the way to go for me for off-road riding. It's got to be winter weather for me to worry about being cold. It will flow more wind though, which may factor in to your decision making if you're going to be riding a lot of highway speeds.

Construction is nice, but I'm not sure it's substantially better than other jerseys I've seen.
  17. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Right on, thanks. Sounds just about the same as my Dakar jerseys. I can live with that.
  18. ColumboNH

Oddometer:
    Well, I ordered the Tactical Pro today. I almost passed out at the price but hopefully it will live up to its reputation. Supposed to be almost 100* here this weekend so looks like I’ll need it! I’ll update this thread once it arrives.
  19. BobcatSig

Oddometer:
    Mojave or Mojave Pro if you're doing any slow riding.
  20. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have one of those in a large, and i'm absolutely swimming in it. It seemed exponentially larger than their medium sized Dakar jerseys.