KLiM KRIOS Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Smackit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Core10metal

Core10metal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirty Jersey...actually, clean north Jersey
    No pinlock?
  2. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the other "new" helmets they just released are made by the same exact brand and are all cheaper if ordered through Europe... Why gives?
  3. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    For whats it worth, quite a few international well known helmet manufacturers (bicycling, motorbike, climbing, safety, etc...) source raw helmet shells (composites / plastic / fiber / kevlar / etc...) and helmets in Mainland China....
  4. Orangespot

Orangespot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked up the white one. Incredibly light and comfy. Comes with clear visor, dark visor, and pin lock.
    Will be field testing it tomorrow. stay tuned.
    Michhub, Core10metal and skylerhager1 like this.
  5. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just watched the Revzilla videos on the new Klim helmets. They said that these are updated Klim design specs on the helmets that used to be sold as the Laser Monaco's. I remember those helmets from a few years ago and I believe they had a brief following offering a carbon fiber helmet in the sub $300 dollar range. Anyone buying that these are new and improved.
  6. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well My friends in Germany all switched from Arai to the Nishua helmet , at 199€ I'll just buy that. Pretty disappointed in you Klim , maybe since Polaris stock (who owns klim ) stock dropped from $127 a share to $70 this year they are trying to make some quick cash. Lots of love lost Klim
    Michhub and spaceman_spiff like this.
  7. rheritage

rheritage Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's exactly what I did, I had a friend in Germany purchase the Nishua for me and is shipping to the states, looking forward to checking it out.
    LearKeeper and PDX Alamo like this.
  8. Orangespot

Oddometer:
    Well, I love my Klim Krios so far. Ordered the Sena unit for it from Klim.
    ballisticexchris likes this.
  9. Core10metal

Oddometer:
    Can you give us a review yet? Really interested to know details. Are there indents on visor? Can you crack visor, does it stay open at speed? Is there vibration from shade at speed? Build quality? Comfort? Does the liner disconnect from helmet when taking it off? Is it loud? Does the Sena fit ok? Venting? For the love of G*d Orangespot, are you listening to me man?
  10. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've seen this helmet plastered all over Instagram by riders head to toe in Klim stuff raving how awesome it is. Klim is definitely trying to market this thing.
  11. Orangespot

Oddometer:
    I'm not a great product reviewer but here's what I can say so far.
    I put about 600 miles on it, including 50 miles on dirt.
    I have an intermediate oval head shape and I usually wear an AGV street helmet and an Arai XD3.
    The Krios felt super plush and comfy from the second I tried it on. No break-in period was necessary for me. What impressed me most was its feather weight. My neck was very happy at the end of each ride. I rode wearing sunglasses and the face shield wide open. There seems to be room for googles and keep the face shield on but I did not try that option yet. There was minimal buffeting, speciall under 80mph. I was concerned about the "wall" in front of my mouth area (the mouth vents do not have a direct path to your mouth area, but instead vent upward and sideways) This was no issue and kept the wind noise down. Still I wish there were more controllable vents. All the vents are static (no control) except for the top one. One thing that I noticed is that there was no difference in noise with the face shield open vs closed. Maybe that was due to the position of the windscreen on my bike. Another thing that annoyed me is that I couldn't fully closed the shield using the tab on the side. I had to use more leverage by pushing on the top of the face shield. I think this is because it's still brand new and stiff. I installed a Sena SMH10 as a temporary solution until my Sena 10U arrives from Klim (adapted for the Krios). I like the fact that you get 2 shields (clear + dark) and a pinlock insert. You also get spare hinge inserts and fasteners.
    I will try to ride on a naked bike to have a better sense of the noise and buffeting level.
    Hope this brief review help.
    Traxx, drbuzzard, Core10metal and 3 others like this.
  12. BritGuy

BritGuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Orangesport. I am looking for a proper ADV helmet and your honest review is very interesting. I will keep watching for further updates. Thanks for your time and effort in posting.
    rubber_band and Orangespot like this.
  13. Orangespot

Oddometer:
    I received the Sena 10U from Klim today and will be installing it this weekend.
  14. Core10metal

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    I've been shopping for helmet for a year now. Every helmet Nexx XD1, Arai, Shoe, Schuberth has one or two things that I can't live with. Just trying to find that one lid that fits all or most of my needs.
    I know everyone hates the Klim marketing machine but I've worn every kit and I keep going back to Klim so I have no issues with them other than their popularity. Stickers can cover logos.
  15. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or just buy the nishua, save yourself a large chunk of money, and don't worry about covering stickers
  16. Orangespot

Oddometer:
    Don't forget that the after-sale support matters too. Klim will back this helmet with a 5 year warranty.
  17. Core10metal

Oddometer:
    How the hell am I supposed to be a Klim fanboy if I cover with sticker? Oh, I can cover with free Klim sticker that comes with lid!
    spaceman_spiff likes this.
  18. skylerhager1

skylerhager1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually, that's a $550 sticker... And you get a free helmet
  19. richamor

richamor like that when I got here

Oddometer:
    The Klim TK1200 modular looks to be a 100% copy of the Lazer Monaco Pure Carbon. fcmoto has the Lazer for about half the cost (shipped) of the Klim from Revzilla. I have looked and looked and compared and the only difference I can see is the name.

The Lazer is not sold in the US. Maybe that DOT stickers really does cost that much.
  20. rivrider

rivrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Traxx and rc_peterson like this.