KLiM KRIOS Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Smackit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    The translucent picture is of the F 5 Which I believe is there moto helmet which is not DOT approved
    I am looking for the kyroid layout on the Krios pro. thanks so much for the info this far. I will look at the fort 9 vids after work
    Thanks, Rich
    GF-kam likes this.
  2. RJK

RJK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. RJK

RJK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Previous link doesn’t work....here’s the pic
    IMG_0623.jpg
  4. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am not sure the layout is the same for the f 5 as the Krios
    The f 5 is not a dot approved helmet at least last I saw. I could be wrong now but I would think the layout to be different for the Krios pro
    All the promo vids of the pro do not show the cut away or layout at least that I have found so far
  5. RJK

RJK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe this retailer mistakenly posted the pic of the F5 but it was listed as the Krios Pro along with a bunch of other Krios Pro pics.

I dunno...
  6. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am hopeful that anyone who owns the Krios pro can look inside and discuss the Koroid layout and or take a picture
    I would like to own the helmet but if it only has a small piece of koroid on the top and the rest is eps I am not sure it’s that much better than an Bell Mx 9 ADV with the same DOT and European certification
  7. jmarleau

jmarleau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you in Canada or the US?
  8. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    USA
  9. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I decided to go with 6 d ATR 2 helmet
    It seems to be the best in safety
    The conduct Very high level internal testing that far exceeds the current Criteria and ratings such as that used by DOT and ECE.
    I will need to wear goggles but I think I will be as safe as anyone could possibly be
    Thanks to everyone for trying to offer info on the Krios pro. It appears to be missing the mark for me.
    thanks, Rich
    Brtp4 likes this.
  10. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    I’m convinced it is the safest as well and am going to try one on fairly soon. The only hitch is I have become addicted to very light helmets and I hope I can live with the weight.
  11. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I always put safety first
    I am not sure of the weight differences
    But I could most likely argue that the 6 D ATR 2 is a far safer helmet. And be able to back it up They have full disclosure and full breakdown videos of there latest technology and velocity testing. They are working with the NFL on concussion mitigation

With the Krios pro I can’t even find out where the koroid product is placed in the helmet. I am betting it’s not on the sides where most impact occurs. I hope I am wrong, for everyone who now owns it. I just don’t want to spend that money with nothing to back up results.
    KLIM Krios feels like Lots of marketing fluff with no real specific information.
    6D is all over new innovations check them out
    Rich
  12. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    I hope you are wrong too. I ordered my Krios Pro last November, with an expected delivery date Feb 2020, but I still have no shipping information. If I receive it, I will be sure to open it up the best I can and take photos.
  13. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks brother
    I hope it meets all your expectations
    ride safely
  14. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took another peak inside my 2019 Klim Krios Pro. I can see the green honeycomb Koroyd liner through the vent channels in the EPS. Looks like the Koroyd is sandwiched between the carbon shell and the EPS. My guess is the Koroyd uniformly covers the helmet. I'll see if I get Klim to confirm.
  15. SS RICH

SS RICH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am hopeful as there seems to be an initiative to move beyond single density EPS liners for impact protection. I feel that 6D the Bell flex technology an possibly the KLIM Krios pro are front runners
    The first two helmets mentioned have significant information and split helmets and or computer generated anatomy breakdowns of what they expect regarding different levels of protection
    I think KLIM IS there and could do a better job with education on the Krios Pro. I think there are more great helmets to come. This seems to be the begining of great innovations in helmet safety. For now I feel 6D IS most innovative and wantS to educate so the customers can make an informed decision. It would be great if they made a dual sport lid as to omit goggles if needed or use if needed. For now I go with safety and a little bit of inconvenience regarding use of goggles full time
    Brtp4 likes this.
  16. Scottyluc

Scottyluc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI - I have the new The F5 Koroyd. It is DOT/ECE rated. The reg F5 is ECE only.
  17. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Considering a Krios Pro to replace my XD-4 only because I'm very tired of trying to control fog on the face shield. How is it possible such an otherwise perfect helmet as the XD-4 hasn't made shield improvements or added pinlock yet? :baldy
  18. NCD

NCD Dirty Hairy Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Krios Pro is being replaced under warranty [Klim was very responsive and quick to remedy A+] for a defect. They are out of stock, and they are saying end of March for a replacement.

I had to cut the straps off to render the helmet useless to validate the warranty. Once my replacement arrives, I will tear this old one apart and see how the Koroyd is integrated. I'm curious to know myself as well!

Such a comfortable, lightweight, and well ventilated helmet. Stay tuned.
    ZoomerP likes this.
  19. yoohah

yoohah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, the end of March (to be exact the answer from the rep was "The Krios Pro will back in stock around 3/31/2020") is the date.
  20. Scottyluc

Scottyluc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pinlocks have been available for the XD-4 for some time. I have one with no issues.