KLiM KRIOS Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Smackit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. ACR

ACR 57,545

Oddometer:
    Hahah!!! You're not serious, are you?
  2. tymetrvlr

tymetrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, but it cracked me up.....one of their categories is how well you can get your glasses on once you have put on the helmet.
    I have never seen that in any other review!

There has got to be a translating problem, if not....let me know, I'll translate it
  3. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Go figure, a review that addresses real would use of the product. How bold.
    tymetrvlr likes this.
  4. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered the smoked shield from Revzilla for $54.99. That's a lot of money for a faceshield. It's pinlock compatible, but doesn't come with the insert. It's no where near the quality of the Uvex Supravision HD Anti Fog, which is a very light smoke. I went for a long enduro ride and found it to be far too dark for wearing in the woods. It's fine if there's sunlight, but shaded areas are pretty sketchy with something that dark.
  5. Core10metal

Core10metal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirty Jersey...actually, clean north Jersey
    I agree, way too dark for the trails but clear goggles do the trick for trails and night riding. Did some hard core off road and helmet performed great. Also rode in 32f this morn and it also performed great. No fog with the pinlock and not a wisp of cold air hitting my eyes with shield closed. I still would have loved if the shield cracked 1/8" to 1/4".
  6. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If there is anyone in Europe willing to broker one of the Nishua helmets for me I would be happy to compensate you for the effort. Thanks
    Yellow Pig likes this.
  7. skylerhager1

skylerhager1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seems like a lot of effort to save $100! Be patient and wait for a sale here in the states!
  8. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    $100?

The Krios is $549 in the US and 199 euro ($220) from Louis in Germany.

That's a lot of cash left on the table.
    spaceman_spiff likes this.
  9. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I doubt they're going on sale for 50% off anytime soon
  10. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a $300+ sticker!
  11. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    But you only become a real adv rider once you have a butt load of Klim logos all over
  12. kumatae

kumatae Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plan to talk to a buddy of mine in the AF stationed in Germany that I deployed with to ship this for me. I wear a medium in Arai XD4. Can I assume that I'm a small in Nishua?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. rheritage

rheritage Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wear a Large in Shoei and Nolan so I ordered my Nishua in Large, good fit. Not sure about the Arai fit but just wanted pass along comparison.

Good Luck!
    kumatae likes this.
  14. motogluten

motogluten #bigtimeadventure

Oddometer:

Polaris (Klim's parent company) uses this helmet without a peak as their Slingshot helmet, so I am guessing they're the ones that paid for the DOT testing. An ECE helmet shell is thinner, and won't pass DOT, so they would have had to make a thicker shell before that as well. I'm guessing this is where Klim decided to use it, so they found a "proprietary" carbon weave, remolded the peak and rear vent, and added $300 to the retail price because they knew their customers would pay for it.

It's funny how people change their tune from "I only wear premium helmets", "Snell rating blah blah blah", to buying a rebadged China helmet because it says Klim on it. I was in Germany last week for INTERMOT and almost bought the Nishua just to prove a point, but I didn't need to because I already have the Uvex version.
    spaceman_spiff likes this.
  15. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A fool and his money are easily parted.

Premium price doesn't always equal premium product.

The power of marketing and consumerism at its best.
    motogluten likes this.
  16. Orangespot

Orangespot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It 's a free market, buy what you want.
  17. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, I'm out. Decided to buy another Arai. Slightly used and heavily dicounted.

Also, the local Klim dealer in my area said that they would not keep the Klim helmets in stock. They will custom order but not stock them. Reason, compared to the Schuberth and Shoei lines in stock, did not see the quality or value.
  18. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear a medium XD4 and tried on the UVEX in Germany and the medium fit me just like Arai for what it's worth. I tried the small Nishua and couldn't get it on my head

IMG_8732.JPG
    kumatae likes this.
  19. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wear a Medium Shoei and the Medium Uvex model fits perfect. I can't say if there are any differences between Uvex/Nishua/Klim liners and the effect on fit. Above photo is the Uvex like mine that was made in Germany, not China.
  20. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well with all my talk overpriced rebranding I had wanted the Nishua since trying it on in Germany but without a DOT certification I was worried I would be left out to dry in an accident sine I had an "illegal" helmet. Maybe not, insurance companies usually do the right thing in the end :imaposer but I guess I just paid $300 for a the luxury option of a white helmet :doh. I wasn't happy about it but I did it, Damn you Klim. I guess in the end if i didn't know about the Nishua I would have bought the Klim with a smile on my face but instead bought it with a :patch and felt like someone took me for a ride. I am very well aware I was not forced to purchase the helmet, just wanted to vent. I did feel good about giving money to Atomic Moto as that is a stand up shop.

When it arrives I will try and give a side by side with the XD4.