Klim Latitude Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Xeraux, Aug 16, 2011.

1. '05Train

'05Train Mind is not for rent

Oddometer:
    Holy crap I feel stupid now. I'd written them off as useless map pockets. It never occurred to me that those were vents.
  2. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just received my KLIM Latitude Misano that I ordered from http://canadasmotorcycle.com. Picked it up on a closeout and ordered it Monday morning and received it Friday in the mail!

First Impressions? Giggling like a schoolgirl! I have a hard time ordering gear because while I'm not terribly tall, I am built a bit wide through the shoulders and carry a small beer belly.

The jacket fits beautifully. I ordered the large and will have lots of room for my base layers underneath. I've ordered a new set of Gerbings Heated Liners and gloves for cooler weather. Those should be here Monday.

The pants (I wear a size 36 Jean) were ordered in a 36 and fit on overtop of my jeans with no problem. They are a little snug, but I also had two sets of keys, my wallet and a phone in my pockets. Checking the back, the elastic waistband still had a ways to stretch before it even considered hitting its maximum.

Unfortunately, I'm working backshift for the weekend and then riding enduro on Sunday, so the new suit won't get a good workout until Monday when I take off for the day.

Happy with my purchase so far...

[​IMG]
  3. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    Most of us removed the Gore-Tex placard on the front, but it seems to be pretty stylish on you. :D
  4. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey now! If I don't remove the tags, I can wear the garment for 27 days and then return it for a full refund. C'mon. :lol3
  5. macbethandbanquo

macbethandbanquo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty good day today! Was looking for the matching pants for my high Vis Misano jacket and had seen a couple of used pairs for $250 and $300

Then I came across a new pair (only tried on) in my size for $180!!

Received them today.

Am I STOKED!!!

Nothing like a matched, good fitting suit! :clap
  6. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the stupid questions but this is a super long thread and I can't find the answer. I also don't want to start another thread for the latitude gear because I will get flamed but have a few questions.

1. Has the Latitude been redesigned over the last few years? I understand in the early versions it didn't vent well so wasn't recommended for hot climates. But I heard someone say that they now vent as well as the Badlands? Is this correct?

2. Is the Misano just a lighter fabric? If so I would assume that it would be the one recommended for warmer climates? Yes?

I have owned an XXL Badlands jacket and pants a few years back but I think I was in between sizes cause it felt way to big in the belly area. Like way to big. And the XL was way to tight in the arms. Hoping the Latitude would fit a little different. My biggest concern in the venting as I live where the temps are typically 100 plus during the summer..

Any help on my questions would be greatly appreciated so I can make sure I order the right gear this time. Whether it be another set of Badlands or the Latitude Klim gear..
  7. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    The sizing is going to be all over the place depending on what version you try on. I sold my Badlands over a year ago because the biceps were too tight to wear a fleece under it after a month of working out. Last month I tried on a new version Badlands made in their Vietnam factory and its like a half size bigger. The arms have been made bigger and more room to layer underneath, however I actually find it too big to wear with just a t shirt so I'm looking for something to replace it.
  8. ezwicky

ezwicky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hi all,

i like everything about my latitude (2014 misano version) except the collar. cinching down that little cord enough to keep the wind out of the collar feels like i am garrotting myself, and it also has the effect of pulling the collar lower and increasing the area of my neck exposed to wind.

so far the way i address this in cool / cold weather is to wear a neck gaiter or balaclava *inside* the collar. works perfectly for cold and wind, but in a long, soaking rain this has had the effect of also wicking water down into the jacket.

so i bought a gore-tex balaclava to wear *over* the collar and had the opportunity to try it out a few weeks ago on a rainy interstate ride, and every time i moved my head to check for a lane change, the placement over my neck would get messed up and air would come in. i was constantly having to smooth it back down or otherwise mess with it.

i think i am just going to have to settle for these two solutions and deal with it, but there's always something to be learned from what other riders are doing, so i wanted to check here.

if it had a higher collar that folded down for warmer weather, with velcro to hold it, i think this jacket would be near perfect. (this just occurred to me: i wonder if i could get rainy pass or a similar place to make me a custom collar)

thanks in advance,

-eric
  9. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try a wool scarf!:lol3
  10. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    It'll still wick in water. Maybe he should try a layer of saran wrap. :D
  11. ezwicky

ezwicky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are real commodians. :)
  12. Simonhantler

Simonhantler waiheke simon

Oddometer:
    i just broke my cinch cord first day on my BP jacket, useless bloody thing. anyway on my BP jacket im putting dome clips front and back of collar so i can clip on my rukka goretex collar gaiter. it should work fine as the collar is to open in the rain and water pours in under the under the helmet. also ill glue soft neoprene to inside of collar where zip is as it gets pushed onto throat from wind and pisses me off.
  13. ezwicky

ezwicky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would've interested in seeing some pics if you get a chance.
  14. aftCG

aftCG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eric,
    I ride in dumping rain often. Pretty much from now until July every year. I use a tall fleece neck gaitor over the outside of my collar and it works perfectly. For a while I used one I made myself that had neoprene on the front half and fleece on the back. It worked fine but I lost it, and tried the straight fleece one.

Seems like it would still get me wet but it doesn't. I'm sure if I wore it inside the collar it probably would leak down inside.
  15. apexal

apexal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just did a 3000 mile trip from NH to Tennessee and back via the Blue Ridge Parkway. I saw heavy rain and temperatures from 42 to 94 degrees F but my Latitude jacket and pants worked flawlessly. The jacket and pants are heavy and noisy when walking but I bought them for riding so that's a useless complaint. I love the abundant pockets, especially the waterproof pockets. But what I like best about the Latitude is the vent. Seriously, if the bike is moving the venting works fine and I'm not hot, even at 94 degrees.
  16. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very happy with my Latitude Misano. I don't use the small chest pocket or lower front "flap" pockets because the small Velcro pieces don't always stay closed when I have something in there (like my wallet!).

Interesting that the new 2015 Latitude has eliminated those 3 flap pockets. I like the addition of the new outer chest vents on the 2015 but not sure if the vertical vents on the back are better than the horizontal back vent on my Latitude.

I probably won't upgrade to the new generation Latitude since I'm very happy with the venting on mine. Best of any jacket I've owned.

[​IMG]