Klim Traverse Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by osteo, May 18, 2010.

1. Travman

Travman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, they only had the D30. They adjusted the armor a bit but coverage was still really poor for me.
  2. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmm....well like I said CE is larger so maybe that is the way to go...the Traverse is an extremely comfy suit and I have faith it would protect us form a pavement crash. We have D3o and love that armour. But in your case...I think before you make your decision you might want to try the CE. Someone has to have it in stock...if you find it buy it...it's cheap bring it to your dealer put in the jacket and then either keep the armour and the Traverse orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....take the CE back.:D
  3. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    The CE is bigger and thicker. The large was border line on being too small for me and the CE made it fit a lot tighter. I bught the D3o and used that. I agree the D30 does not feal like it woluld provide much protection. Sitll, I moved the D30 to my Latitude. I like the low bulk feal.
  4. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can any of you guys take a picture from the side? I'm 5'8", 145lbs with a 38" chest, and I tried both a S and a M. The small felt a little tight under the arms, but the M looked like I had a house around my gut/back from the side. Is this how it is supposed to fit? I keep hearing how fitted it is supposed to be, but I am just not seeing it, unless you are in the middle of a size...
  5. bigborefan

bigborefan Making new friends

Oddometer:
    I pulled the trigger on some Traverse pants. I got the black ones, and they are BLACK, not the green/gray KLIM black, which I like, but just plain black. Sizing was iffy, they run a little large IMO.

Haven't tried them out yet, recovering from surgery so I cant ride for a while.
  6. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    the Traverse is not fitted...you should be able to wear a compression suit if you wanted too. The Latitude is more fitted...the Traverse more like dirt bike gear...baggier than true street gear...make sense?
  7. bigborefan

Oddometer:
    I don't own the jacket, but I have tried them on. For me an XL is a perfect fit. I have a 46 inch chest. But with a pressure suit I would need an XXL.
  8. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand that you are supposed to be able to fit a compression suit...or armor in the pockets, but if I get it big enough to fit my arm pits, it looks disproportionately large around the rest of my body, kind of like in this picture. It would be a tight fit with a compression suit in the shoulders, but I could fit a lot more everywhere else...

I know some of you ride with the CE or D3o armor-is it like this for you too?
    (to clarify, this picture isn't me, I found it while googling)
    [​IMG]
  9. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    This is all I have, sort of a side shot. I never liked the fit of the jacket. Didn't think it looked that good on me which never stopped me from wearing it. ... The pants do run a little big.

[​IMG]

On the other hand, the Latidude looks Cool. :evil

[​IMG]
  10. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fellow ADV Riders,

The Klim Traverse Jacket fit in the shoulders is smaller than most we see. Consequently, in a greater than normal %age it does not fit well with body armor underneath. Keili's photo perfectly sums up this comment. Some folks achieve successful fitment, but these should be considered anecdotal.

The larger the shoulder plastics on the body armor, the more this is the case. Of course if you plan to use the built in armor, this is a non-issue.

This is not a negative comment on the Traverse (which we really like). It is the best WP jacket we have found for light Adventure, Dual Sport, and even aggressive off road / enduro use. Just meant to offer feedback on fit as an overall trend.

Thanks,
    BP
  11. Brtp4

Oddometer:
    Does look BA. Compliments!! Best fitting suit in their line, right there.

BP
  12. ScottV

ScottV Long timer

Oddometer:
    It does look good, I just wish they could put their logo in a few more places. :D
  13. sebnad

sebnad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I would like to see an actual picture of the black jacket and pants. It seems navy blue on all the pictures from Klim. I'm curious if it is really black or kinda blue. Thanks to post if anybody has one.
  14. Brtp4

Oddometer:
    It is black in person.

BP
  15. bigborefan

Oddometer:
    Straight up BLACK, no blue tint, no gray tint, no greenish tint, just boring jet BLACK. The Traverse anyway. And clean, minimum logos.

And I agree with BP on the Traverse jacket fit, the shoulders are snug. With no pressure suit an XL is perfect for me. But with a pressure suit, I would need the 2X.

I want the Badlands suit for ADV Touring myself. I am tired of having so many layers to take on and off. I am assuming the built in armor is good stuff on the Badlands?

My current setup is a KLIM Tomahawk jacket in XL, with the Traverse pants. I can fit an EVS pressure suit under the Tomahawk easily. The Tomahawk is a step down from the Valdez. I got a smoking deal on it, so I bought it.
  16. Travman

Travman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well after another fitting I decided to pull the trigger on the Traverse jacket. With the D3o armor it fits very well. The shop did not have the elbow armor (says they are on extended backorder) so they gave me a set of D3o elbow armor out of a Firstgear Rainer jacket. Seems to fit the pockets well. I'll get a first ride in the jacket this weekend with temps from mid 30's to 60 during the ride.
  17. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    ive got about 1200 miles in my traverse suit, no problems, no complaints!
  18. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  19. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl ignore list Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok, I've got a complaint. If I had the cash....I would buy the badlands. Got to try that and the Latitude on the other day. The Bandlands is the schiznit!!!! I realize I'm a bit of a dirty bitch, but the velcro on the lower leg is coming undone on my Traverse pants! I've washed and brushed it out, but after about an hours ride, it'll start to loose it. Anybody replaced their velcro and had better results???? I'm just thinking about crashing, and having the lower leg open up mid slide.:huh
  20. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    I'd call Klim and ask them what they recommend. They may just fix it for you. They've been pretty lenient about this kind of thing with all the gear we've been posting about. :D