Klim Traverse Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by osteo, May 18, 2010.

1. OhBoy

OhBoy Got Out

Oddometer:
    Not completely satisfied with Traverse pants. Velcro enclosure around boots unhooks and flaps in the wind.

Wearing Fox F3R boots. These boots are tall and have a large circumference to protect the chin. The pants do not get enough overlap to get a secure closure.

Changing bikes and will be switching to a lighter boot. I've worn these pants with work boots and they have still come loose. Am going to try trimming down the fuzzy velcro to see if that helps.

The pants are waterproof. Worn through a monsoon and deep crossings. Stayed dry. Fox F3Rs are heavy and protective but not waterproof, they suck water like a sponge. :lol3
  2. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl ignore list Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1...my only gripe with them. My velcro is worn out, not sure what I"m going to do. May add some snaps. The cut of the Traverse fit me perfectly, I wish the overland were the same cut. I had the badlands pants and disliked the cut so much I sold them.
  3. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl ignore list Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guess we could quit our bitchin' and just do what Duncan did at the Tuareg

#28 Duncan Ure (GBR) again, this time on stage 2:
    [​IMG]
  4. jdwhite

jdwhite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <LABEL for=humanverify>I have a pair of Klim Dakar pants, size 32 regular.</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>Waist size is fine.</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>The 31" inseam is on the verge of being short, but still good when standing up and surprisingly also good when sitting on the bike.</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>I think this is due to the elastic material used on the back and legs, making it possible for the legs not to rise too much and stay well down over the boot.</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>Since I believe Traverse pants don`t have such elasticated material and the 3" difference between regular and tall is substancial, m</LABEL><LABEL for=humanverify>y question is:</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>Bearing in mind the use of knee guards, will the legs rise so much when riding that a tall size is needed?</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>Will it be dragging on the floor when walking around?</LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify></LABEL>
    <LABEL for=humanverify>I also have a pair of 33" inseam pants from another brand that are a bit too long for walking, but good when riding. Klim tall size is 34"...</LABEL>
  5. jdwhite

jdwhite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. That's the way I'll go.
    The way they look on first post (I think meanwhile nothing changed on the pants) makes me think regular size would climb up near the top of the boot. No strech at all.
    Tall size would compensate for that, but really wanted to be sure it won't overcompensate.
    No way to try sizes where I live, just order and hope for the best
  6. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    I wear 33x32 jeans. I plan to use the pants with armor over boots. Was looking at size 34. Do I need the 34 tall?
  7. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Yes you would need a long in any of Klim gear

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
  8. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Received the Traverse suit today. Very impressed with the quality and fit. I wear a size 33x32 jeans and the size 34 pants fit perfectly. Not too short. The size large jacket also fits perfectly. I normally wear a size 42 jacket. The plan is to transfer the CE armor from my Olympia AST jacket and Ranger pants and keep the Olympia gear for cool weather off-roading paired with a sixsixone pressure suit and knee guards. Speaking of the pressure suit, it comfortably fits under the Traverse jacket. :clap
  9. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, i have that jacket too.....I had been wearing a pressure suit under it......but.....this season I just got the new klim induction jacket....that is now my base armour. ...the traverse fits over it very well when the weather goes bad...better than it did over my pressure suit, almost felt like they were made for each other, the fit was very good

scott
  10. simonpig

simonpig droppin' jewels

Oddometer:
    Word on the street is that the traverse is being phased out. get your traverse while you can. Many sizes are out of stock which seems to support this conspiracy theory. Love mine, had to order a fat version since I got fat, and had a hard time finding size 34 pant.
  11. soph9

Oddometer:
    The traverse has been phased out for awhile but if you can find one I'm sure you can get a great deal.

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
  12. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a new Traverse Jacket, anyone got any good links to a good deal?
  13. bamtime

bamtime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been looking everywhere for a pair of black traverse pants in 36 Tall with no luck so I contacted Klim. They said they are redesigning the traverse line and it should be back out July 2016.
  14. soph9

Oddometer:
    they are redesigning the Traverse? Interesting.