Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by VascoMerlin, Aug 24, 2006.
No sir... In NEPA right now.
I should add that I was using the Cryogenic sleeves in both those builds.
I would love to meet up sometime when U are back out this way, and would love to see your girl, Desi.
That sounds like a deal. Perhaps later this Summer Pete!
Awesome, we’ll see U later on this summer JJ.
Hey everyone! I am here to report my farkles
1. progressive front springs.( this stiffened up the bike and stopped the nose dive)
2. Ebay fork preload adjusters. ( this makes the front suspension adjustable for loaded and unloaded they work great $20)
3. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078XR2JMK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 risers 2".
4. usb charger with on/off switch and volt meter. (this is one of the best buys, 3 amp charging, voltage meter is great to check the charging system!)
5. Mx foot pegs. ( If I could go back I would have bought the lowering pegs...)
6. Moose rear spring the white one ( works well I am 200lb so it has the right spring rate as I can set the sag properly) Not as good as cogent but $110...
7. Shinko 244 tires front and rear ( work well and can carve pretty good on the road too. Not a full knobby but a good balance and wears well.
8. Ebay grip guards bark buster knockoffs but are good and strong to me. I mounted the stock plastic guards on them.
9. Oxford heated grips. Got them on my quad and they make a huge difference in the cool days and rain.
10. KLX needle kit ( way better than stock. better throttle response and just feels like the power comes on more linear. )
11. 16 tooth sprocket. Makes hyway much smoother. And the 14 tooth for off road days. Takes 10 min to change. same chain.
12. lexx exhaust. (loud but not too loud. weighs 5lb less than stock boat anchor)
13. Eagle mike 685cc kit. ( wow what a difference! vibs are way less and no more oil burning. It is according to my butt dyno 5hp gain but the place I noticed it most is at 100km/hr twist and it pulls to 150 km/hr no problem. I feel way better passing.)
14. Thermo bob 3. Does exactly what it says it does. Temp needle doesn't move anymore 190 steady.
15.seat concepts comfort kit. ( swapped it myself on to my old pan and stapled it on. much better!!!)
16. SW motec crash bars (saved the bike already)
17 . Skid plate aluminum got off kijijji
18. sw center stand( I love this thing makes it easy to work on)
19. Tall windshield ( still not tall enough) I think the one that tips it forward and makes room for the klr dash is the way to go.
20.ss brake lines front and rear ( my bike is 11 years old so needed new lines anyway)
21. Eagle mike fork brace. ( I feel that it is stiffer on the road , more planted especially when fully loaded for camping)
22. UNI filter and air box mods( I like the carb sound )
23. I took the shifter and cut it and welded in a piece to make it longer and made it stick out a little farther.
24. Installed leds on the forks with a hose clamp.( trialing this out but so far they have not moved at all and I like that they follow the front wheel.
25. sub frame bolt kit
26. Tusk pannier racks
lol I think that is it for now. I like the KLR and now it's s good as it gets. Cheers
Is this unique?
Needs more cowbell
My list of goodies on my 2012 KLR-
Shinko 705 tires
KLR dash and windshield extenders
Ram ball mounts on handlebars
12 volt accessory plug
Kawasaki KLR handlebar bag
SW Motech skidplate
SW Motech crashbars
Denali sound bomb horn
Happy Trail 7.5" Teton panniers and racks, crash bars with highway pegs, skid plate, center stand.
Rox 2" bar risers
Russell Day Long saddle
Madstad 18" windshield
685cc kit and head refresh by Eagle Mike
KLX needle kit, 140 main, washer, drilled slide, snorkel removed, UNI air filter
Admoore tail light LED bar
JNS Engineering peg lowering brackets, auxiliary light mount for PIAA LED lights
Symotech grip heaters
Cogent Moab shock, fork springs and cartridges with preload adjusters
Montana GPS mount
Saw the pic of the klr and I would like to know about the trailer and the swing arm connection. I have been in contact with moto mule with no success on their trailers Please PM me with your response thanks ktmdoc
My new klr mod, tired of losing hockey pucks? Tired of temporary fixes that don't stick?
Meet the heater hose wrap .
Lol.........I filled mine with silicone sealer last time I had the tank off. Seemed to work ok once it dried.
Hey ktmdoc. Reach out to the folks at #kipmoto. They built my trailer and it is flawless.
Thanks I will I had zero luck with moto mule and I was curious about how the attachment axle connection was done
I've seen a few.
I fabbed up a front fender brace to avoid the shakes.
I modded mine a wee bit...