KLR650 Front Sprocket swap step-by-step Walk thru

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klm4755, Jun 3, 2007.

1. klm4755

klm4755 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But KLR expert Ca Stu says it's not possible. As Ca Stu demands We must all respect his mechanical knowledge and experience! hehehe
  2. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    So, I ponder- and wonder if I bought a Vee Strom and got rid of the KLR, would I get away from the squabbling??
  3. RandoCommando

RandoCommando Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Um. The squabbling on this thread ended October 2007, which is almost 4 1/2 years old.
    I suspect you'll get flamed shortly.
    Hope you have your fireproof pants on.
  4. eveRide

eveRide ADV

Oddometer:
    Well Kept ADV Moto Secret: Southwest Utah
    So I know this is an old thread, but I noticed there are some rubber bushing-like-things on the stock sprocket of my 94 klr650. On my KLR, these rubber bushings seem to be absolutely destroyed. There are little gravel bits between the rubber and the metal!

So I'm looking at getting a new sprocket, 15 or 16t, and I noticed that these aftermarket sprockets don't have a bushing. Do they require shims/spacers/other fanagles on a 94? Can I just slap it on and go?

If it requires a spacer, what's it called and where do I get it?

I am really, REALLY wanting to ride more before winter hits hard. This whole thing started when I had a little oil drip from the oil seal.... I'm glad to get it fixed but I just wanna RIDE!