KLR650 Only Thread......

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by willys, Nov 19, 2011.

1. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Understand the relay container fits milk crates nicely. :lol2

DISCLAIMER: I jest, owning both a KLR250 and a KLR650.
  2. rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder redemption gypsy

Oddometer:
    Hi Folks
    The Doohickey Tamer relay container will be posted up very soon. I am working on making it as bullet and waterproof as possible .While keeping in mind some of the mounting surfaces it may touch or be jammed into. Just to give an idea.. there is some counter sunk holes in the base... in case it would need to be screwed to a piece of wood to further bridge some "cavities". A couple of years ago a rider posted a picture of a four wheeler- passenger throne seat with arms ....on the rear of a KLR .. ahheem........strictly for the storage area under the seat of course..
  3. Buzz’72

Buzz’72 n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m 5’9, 31” inseam, 165 lbs... recently changed seats from a Corbin flat seat to a Seat Concepts low version on my ‘06 and it made a HUGE difference. I can flat foot the bike now and I was on my tip toes before. My bike has not been lowered. It’s as comfortable as any seat I’ve had on KLars before as well, and that would include stock, Sargent, and Corbin. The SC was also less expensive than the others. Good bang for the buck IMO.
    Hannda, Gham and ZachM1 like this.
  4. thechief86

thechief86 jack of all daniels

Oddometer:
    I'm not ashamed to bunjee pretty much anything to my bike, as long as it isn't so huge the bike can't drag it.
    Hannda and PlowHand like this.
  5. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any idea what video file formats can be uploaded? I tried a .mov and .mp4 and the forum won’t allow it. I can’t find a list of what file extensions can be uploaded.
  7. Bell driver

Bell driver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Upload to vimeo or youtube and insert the link here.
    That.guy likes this.
  8. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    What Bell driver said is that ADV doesn't host videos for you; they have to be hosted elsewhere. ADV will host pics.
    That.guy likes this.
  9. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:

Stock tail

IMG_20190111_175453.jpg

LED tail

IMG_20190111_175854.jpg

Stock brake

IMG_20190111_175511.jpg

LED brake on solid

IMG_20190111_175905.jpg
    Hannda and Fixnfly like this.
  10. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I missed this earlier....gen 1 or 2 or does it matter? I’d love to have some Bmw-style bling lightage......
  11. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine is a gen 2. If the gen 1 uses the same 1157 bulb it will work.
    Hannda likes this.
  12. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I’ve got a ‘15 so that’s perfect.
  13. Late for the Party

Late for the Party Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
    Same set up. I love my Seat Concepts low step version. I'm 5'8" with a 31ish inseam. Great price also.
    GregDavidL likes this.
  14. sgroover

sgroover Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not that I know of. In most cases an LED bulb can be swapped with any problems. I won’t be able to ride until the weather and roads clear up in a couple months so the testing is limited to applying brakes in the garage and having the bulb function.
  16. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I went for a ride of about 180 miles, mostly dirt roads through coastal plains farm land. I live on the edge of an escarpment. To the west is hill country, mostly rocky terrain with very little top soil when there’s any at all. The dirt roads are actually more rock roads with the occasional bit of sand. The most challenging thing when riding them is the sandy parts and the creek beds with the smooth baby head rocks. After rain, those dry creek beds turn into flowing creek beds. That’s what I’m most accustomed to riding off road. To the east of the escarpment is the coastal farm land. I really don’t ride there too often. We had some rain a couple days ago, but not too much. Yesterday was a beautiful day so I took that to my full advantage. I went and rode a portion of what’s known as the Lone Star Loop, a 2800 mile dual sport loop around a pretty big portion of Texas. I rode the portion through the farm land close by. Man, there was some mud that nearly took me down as I’m not used to it at all. I was riding a road between fields that was all rutted up by tractors and trucks. I wouldn’t have taken a car as it would be sure to get stuck. I got stuck at one point. I was able to keep the bike up. I got off the bike and was able to get it out and through the really thick stuff by walking beside the bike and throttling the bike through. I didn’t know what else to do.

After about four hours of this misadventure I headed home.

IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg

I got home and there was a package from Canada for me.
    IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg

There’s a fellow close by who I’m going to assist in changing his doohickey. Then, once I get the logbook and stuff from RPB, I’ll be ready to pass it along and begin the relay. Anyone up for meeting in Louisiana or New Mexico in a few weeks?
  17. lonegunm4n

lonegunm4n Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello from a fellow TWT'r! :ricky
    jwaller likes this.
  18. Pollack

Pollack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there any word on what is going to replace the KLR? :dunno

Best regards,
  19. thechief86

thechief86 jack of all daniels

Oddometer:
    They'll be like vw beetles. You'll be able to buy each part new and build your own, but it'll cost 40 grand.
    Take care of the one you have ;)
    Hannda and XDragRacer like this.
  20. That.guy

That.guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone make reflective spoke covers? All I’ve found are standard colored slip ons but it seems like a product that should be out there. I’m all about being obnoxiously noticeable at night.