Know anything about the Honda CGL 125?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by unGringo, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a quick mention of this for the gringos that are thinking about using a small bike in any Latin American urban setting.
    Hint: Ride like the locals.
    You will be expected to, car and truck drivers will expect you to act and ride like the locals do. Of course, ride within your limits but follow what the local riders do. I've seen instances where well meaning gringo riders here, displaying impeccable US style moto manners, have confused the bejeezus out of local car, truck, and bus drivers.
    You will be mounted on a gutless little runt of a bike, the only thing you have going for you is point and squirt mobility. That will keep you mounted on the bike and not mounted on the grill of something.
    Myself? I wouldn't get on anything less than a 250cc, riding a 125cc you might as well be on a scooter.
  2. TuWheels

TuWheels n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm living in Pachuca Hidalgo Mexico and I'm planning to get a CGL 125 Tool. I didn't see a FAN at my local dealership or on Honda's website. But the CGLs are pretty common here too. I'd be interested to hear your long term impression of your bike now that it's been a few years.:ear
  3. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    ungringo,

If you are planning any riding out of Lima, know that going east you will hit 15,800 ft in the first 3 hours! ANY 125cc will not climb that! I live in Huanuco (Andes of central Peru) and have had GREAT experience with the SUMO Torque 250cc! Once prepped for the road, they have gone 5,000 km on dirt with NO PROBLEMS. Stop being afraid of anything Chinese!

BMW is now Chinese and Harley Davidson is actually Indonesian!

Toby
  4. TuWheels

TuWheels n00b

Oddometer:
    I just bought a CGL 125 tool a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy with it so far. I want to start a thread with detailed information about maintenance, performance, durability, and overall satisfaction with the bike. I plan on updating it for the time that I own the bike. Maybe some of the more seasoned members can help me out. It seems that the most appropriate place to post such a thread would be in the Thumpers Formum. Is that correct? If someone tells me that's the right place then I'll go ahead and get started on the thread. Thanks ya'll.