1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Konflict Suspension Services

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Konflict Motorsports, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    You have mail sir!
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
  2. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    10-4. Thanks
    Konflict Motorsports likes this.
  3. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    Hi, just checking to see how things are coming along with my 701 Shock and Forks?
  4. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Hi Scott aka @JerseyJeeper ,
    We are currently working on them now, they are torn down and should be getting finalized and shipped Tuesday at the latest of this upcoming week! I will have one of our team members reach out to you directly as well to go over the final details a bit further.

Have a great weekend!
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
  5. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Have you done work to many Tiger 800’s with WP suspension? I bought mine new this February. Coming up on 5000 miles and have yet to find setting on this stuff I’m happy with. I’d also REALLY like to gain some more ground clearance if possible. I really believe this bike hangs out in the bottom of the suspension; it’s amazing how much the bike sinks under its own weight never mind with me on it. 6’3” and 200-210lbs without gear, aggressive street riding, basic forest roads, and I’d like to bring it on harder trails although I haven’t yet mainly because the suspension isn’t predictable on dirt.

I feel like on road I can feel every little bump in the road, and off-road it bottoms easy and inspires no confidence. Idk if that makes sense. Maybe I’m spoiled coming from my 950 Adv’s reworked boingers.

What do you recommend? Thx!
  6. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We have started working on more Triumphs over the past year, specifically the WP components as they share a lot of similarity with other brands that utilize the same components. The stretching of the suspension is a task we have been asked but have yet to complete as it requires a bit more time than we can throw at it at the moment with other models taking precedence in the R&D lab but is slated for the winter.
    The bike is grossly under-sprung and under-damped from the factory and the settings we offer improve the action in the areas you need. Feel free to give us a call or submit a rider profile form under the book now section of our website so we can get your specifications and see what we can do for you.

Best.

Konflict Team
  7. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:

Good to hear I’m not alone in needing more out of these WP units. I’ll be in touch soon one way or the other. Your winter project really has my interest!
    emmodg and Konflict Motorsports like this.
  8. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    Hi Alex,

Can you give me an update please?

Scott
  9. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    To pick up on this (I ordered complete top shelf build-out of my 701 forks based on Dal Saggio inserts a few months back, it included custom valving, mods and a new spring as well as a full respring and valving on the shock, as well as a 10mm drop) there were a some issues... Fu... there were many issues.

UPS lost my forks for several weeks on the second round trip (wrong spring, it needed replacing), there was a manufacturer's defect 3rd trip (Dal Saggio US offered to take my forks in and set everything right but Alex insisted he have the opportunity, and as small business owner myself I agreed that he get to see first hand what was up).. Shipping, defects, (then lost again for days after the SOCAL fires) as well there were a few other things nearly caused me to pull out and say F it...

It was mostly my confidence in Alex that caused me to decide to stick with it (he truly gave a shi..), and besides I have a spare set of forks and Shock... It wasn't that I was stuck on a tricycle or something (But I was scared to death half the time riding those spares and I do attribute several falls and one high speed tank slappin crash to those stock junkers).

While next to non of the issues were Konflicts fault Alex took full responsibility for every issue to make sure things came out the way he would want them to come out if he was the customer.

It makes little sense to get into the minutia of all the issues (hate that word but it fits).. FWIW I'm not a PITA of a customer, Alex should vouch for that..

So.. It's the out come after several months of waiting that's most important here.

This is where I wound up:

I put in 87 miles of every off road terrain type this past Sunday with great bunch of guys on real bikes.. Definitely not amature riders, all were seasoned with many years under their belts so we hit it all.. - it rained for most of the the previous 5 days of my test ride so no testing in deep DRY sand was done).

• Regular Deep Whoops - CHECK
    • Tight Single Track - CHECK
    • Regular Single Track - CHECK
    • Fast Sand, Gravel and Hard Pack roads with all variations of surfaces from mild to wild - CHECK.
    • "Extremely" whooped out jeep trails (3+' deep whoops) - CHECK (Impressed...)
    • Sand Pits (Wet) - CHECK
    • Jumps of varying distance (I landed a few and questioned that I was really off the ground).. yep true..

For me the stock 701 fork are way to soft, have harsh midstroke compression damping and were constantly bottoming out. I hated them and they always had me riding on the edge of fear. While that's not a bad thing because thats the only way to get better I knew it was the suspension and not me after one season on them. I was sure I needed some serious work done but dreaded spending the money. It ain't cheap! But it is worth it.

So anyways, everyone I rode with last week will tell you I said many times during the ride that it's the first time I rode without fearing for my life in a long time. Of course the jokes came (aka, remember that time we thought we needed a helicopter, you crashed and all we saw was your back wheel 5' in the air and a cloud of dust etc.. LOL)

I was so comfortable riding my new suspension I was using one hand so I could adjust my glasses, visor etc at speeds on whooped trails where I would normally have had a deathgrip on the bars..

So I have nothing to gain by writing this out (no affiliation to Konflict at all), several others rode my bike, they know the story, got tired of hearing it etc. They're inmates here and will verify. I hated what I had, but now i'm psyched, can't wait to get back out on that tank of a bike and ride it hard.

Alex said he will make up all the lost time to me and i'm sure he will. He already absorbed a lot in shipping and as far as i'm concerned he's my suspension guy.. I have another set of forks going out to him soon.

Pics of the finished product.

IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1176.JPG
    DRV and bigtodd like this.
  10. Kayak Dancer

Kayak Dancer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Progressive Suspension shock on the rear of my Airhead GS (1990). I am old (75) and would like to get it cut down about 1". Is this possible? And would it bankrupt my pension? Thank you in advance. (PM fine)
  11. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which Dal Soggio inserts did you have installed - the Rays or the Sphere? I know the Rays are just a valve. Just wanted to verify which unit you had installed in your forks.
  12. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    I had the Sphere inserts put in (with some mods..).
    Konflict Motorsports and Unkgd like this.
  13. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alex.

Hope you're shop in TO is not affected by the recent fire. I am thinking of dropping off my 2018 701E suspenders there. Haven't seen your pop for a while, time to say hello.

Joel
  14. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    You don't waste any time do you Joel!
    Konflict Motorsports and NSFW like this.
  15. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Joel, Great choice choice on both, 701 and Alex. Don’t regret my decision on either
    Konflict Motorsports and NSFW like this.
  16. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    suspension is where peeps should put the $, not on the aftermarket pipe.

i talked to alex's dad and they survived the TO fire. very lucky. stopped right at their fence, but hit by a lot of smoke.

yeah, i need to shorten the suspension. the 701 is so tall and have to tip toe one foot to touch the ground. i'm ok losing 1 inch of travel and less worry where and when to stop.
  17. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Konflict,
    What can you do to lower the fork height of a xchallenge by 2-3 inches?
  18. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel,
    It sure did a number on the area!
  19. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We haven't lowered this model, its something we can do just need to get the components in house and put them through the process. Feel free to shoot the guys at the shop a line.

Cheers
  20. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Konflict Motorsports Is Moving To Austin, Texas!

Seattle has been very welcoming to us, and we have been fortunate to spend ten years here, but we miss warmer climates along with family and friends. We will be relocating to Austin, Texas at the end of January 2019.

Why Austin?
    Austin is in the heart of Texas Hill Country, which is an amazing locale with incredible riding. In many ways, Austin is a playground for off-road/motocross and adventure bike riding communities. With having every type of terrain imaginable, along with Colorado/Utah/Mexico being in our backyard we are looking forward seeing what these places have to offer. With Austin being centrally located within the US, this will shorten shipping timelines for our clients, allowing quicker turn around times as well allowing us to attend a number of races/events/rally's we normal wouldn't be able to attend.

I am excited to make this move to Austin! This is something that has been in the works for a while and I am eager to see it all come together. The race series in Texas and surrounding states are something I personally look forward to attending, along with building our business while supporting the local community. We look forward to everything Texas has to offer and all the great things Konflict Motorsports will bring the the riding community.
    Our new shop is something I am proud of, its been purpose built and has a number of features our existing location could not provide. We've been in Austin a number of times over the last year checking the local riding scene, working with a number of the local riders and spent some time at the riding areas. To say we are excited for this next step would be an understatement!"

Alex Martens | President
    Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports is Suspending operations from January 28th-February 4th to relocate.

Please coordinate suspension shipments accordingly!

Shipments may arrive at our new location on or after February 4th.

We ARE accepting appointments during the move.

Please contact us by email at info@konflictmotorsports.com, or submit your appointment request online
    HERE.

New Address:
    Konflict Motorsports
    4501 Weletka Dr. Suite #2
    Austin, Texas 78734
    dooby, NSFW, Loff and 2 others like this.