1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Konflict Suspension Services

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Konflict Motorsports, Dec 25, 2012.

1. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    "they were not packed 100% correctly (they came out of box during shipping and fell out of a delivery truck at the shipping companies transfer station causing some serious issues (both cosmetic and functional).. - caused by a new guy in shipping dept there"

I've had a dozen sets of suspension ( forks and shock ) tuned by various tuners over the last 25 years without any damage during shipping . What's my secret ? I make the shipping as fool proof as possible for everyone involved .
    How ?
    Buy a cheap plastic foam lined rifle carrying case , keep the cardboard box it comes in and you have a virtually
    fool proof shipping package ! Your suspension tuner will thank you !
    Something like this , though at the time I paid around $ 20 .

[​IMG]

Max
    No-Fret and XT Traveler like this.
  2. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    I can't disagree MAX, great advice.

I now have that exact gun case because Alex let me keep it for next time.. :)

FWIW - Driving around in NJ with a gun case, regardless of whether a gun is actually "in it" or not could be risking life and liberty. Some Kook could report you for transporting even a BB gun illegally here, a felony. Sometimes even the most best intentioned law enforcement may overreact.. it's just not worth looking like you have a gun when it can be avoided. I wrote "Motorcycle Forks" on mine with a big silver sharpie and put moto stickers on it..

So, your tip in keeping the original box too makes a lot of sense. If in an anti gun state, putting the gun case in its original box, (or any box) may be wise.
    No-Fret likes this.
  3. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot to me, my team and our clients. This has been a new one for us to deal with, and by no means do we wish anyone to be bullied or harassed. Let's move forward and shut this down as it doesn't do anyone any good.

We did offer high-end gun cases for our clients, we had 52 cases at one time but it turned into a full-time job managing them and making sure they got returned to us. We now offer them for sale to our clients if they prefer to purchase one from us, or they can source their own through a local sporting goods store or amazon even.

We have gone through the process of having custom boxes made, had packaging experts come in and show us products and the most protective ways of shipping. We now utilize a specific bubble wrap and use 5mm thick poly tube that is sealed with a seam sealer, it's proven to be excellent so far. The boxes seem to get beat too much, regardless of the materials utilized, specifically with anywhere from $3000.00-$8000.00 suspension components a gun case really is the best way.
    No-Fret and JerseyJeeper like this.
  4. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pelican has a new line of gun cases called the Vault, that are very well priced and bomb proof:

[​IMG]
  5. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    These are the ones we offer to our clients, after seeing yours these are bomber!
    MAXVERT and Yellow Pig like this.
  6. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could not agree more that Alex and his shop take care of customer service issues with the greatest ease. I had my 1190 Adventure S suspension reworked and when it was shipped back UPS decided to brake the electrical connector at the top of the fork. I took photos and sent an email and got a called back in a very timely manor. He was able to put in the UPS claim and get the new electric fork cap order. Now my problem is I did not send my fork back yet, because I can't stop riding the bike, lol.

This same exact thing happened again with UPS, when I sent my 701 E. This time the screw/blot that holds on the adjuster on top of the fork broke. I contacted Alex left a message and got a call back in 30 minutes. He was able to talk to me and was able to send a replace adjuster that I could put on myself, without having to send the forks back.

I am getting ready to send some more forks, but this time did what the guys mentioned an bought a rifle case. A little stronger one than above.
  7. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife & I definitely stand by Alex & Konflict. Every time we've talked with him, he is so knowledgable & takes the time to answer all your questions. He really asks a lot of detailed questions about your riding & what you want it to do; more than any other shop we've worked with. He's also been very fair on price and you feel that he values long-term customer relations. There are a lot of options out there for suspension tuning & my wife has been bugged by a few local setups about her 690, but she chose to go with Konflict.
    Konflict Motorsports likes this.
  8. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:

May be you should paint the case PINK .

Really a felony for transporting a BB gun:kboom

Glad I moved out west to Idaho from the east coast in 1970.

Max
    No-Fret likes this.
  9. JerseyJeeper

JerseyJeeper Pine Dog

Oddometer:
    Yup.. Jersey is bad. Slingshots are considered weapons and banned too. There are some legal work arounds but it’s a stretch....

Pink gun case huh. LOL... go right ahead. You can lead the way with that awesome idea.:lol3
  10. MGG

MGG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Product availability: ... Is there a front+rear suspension kit available for the Yamaha Tenere 700 ?
    ... I read somewhere that you will be making this affordable and easy to swap/install.
    ... the T7 front forks apparently need re-valving and the rear spring is not strong enough for my weight.
    I am getting my T7 in the spring and I am lining up the mandatory improvements.

:)
  11. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to chime in here.

I had them do my 2020 501 a couple of months ago. Really happy with the work, and the follow up. Thanks guys!
  12. MillienialPig

MillienialPig n00b

Oddometer:
    * Update imminent, there were some supplier complications/miscommunications, take all this with a microscopic grain of salt. *

Eh, I'll throw my proverbial hat in the ring here. I had my '93 KLR 650 (...junk) blow its rear shock four days before I was lined up to take it 2500 miles around Mexico. I was pleading with anyone in my area that had a used shock or had the seals in stock to rebuild mine, Alex grabbed me on facebook and, despite some complications (related to the junk comment), had me on the road in time and the bike felt better than it ever has.

So, post-Mexico, noticed that my front forks had blown (hate this thing), probably those damned Mexican speed bumps. Anyway, thought I'd give Konflict more business as my best "thank you for saving my ass" kinda deal. Getting a hold of Konflict was hard enough, to the point of where I almost gave up. When I did get a call back, I was told that I there was complications at the shop of a celebrity-esque nature, and now he had time for me. Alright, cool, dropped off the shocks, was promised a quote (which never came), told him "no rush" and was on my way. That was... mid-November, I haven't seen them since, with one email end of November noting that they ordered the wrong bushing/seals and were waiting on more (once I prodded).

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insinuate any negative feelings here, but I definitely misunderstood the world of suspension work. I kinda figured that I would be "underneath" Konflict's typical customer, (ordering a big mac from a master chef) but I didn't realize the extent there and I can see how a more tempermental customer can end up in toy4fun's...uh...predicament. There is a perceived gap of knowledge/communication there that's hidden under the more modest size/reputation of Konflict, and I started noticing the Konflict name a lot more since. (Jeff Emig videos, Lyndon what's-his-name) But my dumb ass didn't realize what "no rush" meant to shop like that.

What that all means is that I'm a mildly salty that I'm missing a lot of good riding weather, but I get it now that I realize what kind of work Konflict does. I do wish there was maybe a bit more information on expectations, two or three more emails informing me of the process along the way, and maybe another staff member to permanently man the phones. If you're busy and don't have time for me, that's fine, I'd just like to know ahead of time. But, hey, I don't run a business, do what you will.

pls don't throw away my forks Alex I need those
    MGG, Konflict Motorsports and cal08 like this.
  13. cal08

cal08 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the field report. They are always appreciated by the community at large.
  14. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We would like to thank everyone for their input, there isn't a better way for us to make adjustments in house to accommodate everyone's requests than the feedback provided.

Greatly appreciated!
    MGG likes this.
  15. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Thanks @RichK glad to hear you are enjoying the setup!
  16. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Thanks, your support and business it greatly appreciated!
    t-dub likes this.
  17. MillienialPig

MillienialPig n00b

Oddometer:
    To update, previous owner had modified my KLR forks (who even does that..?) and Konflict was having trouble sourcing certain parts, since we both assumed it was completely stock. I've got my forks back in one piece, looking better than ever. Alex took personal responsibility for the situation and even absorbed some (significant) shop costs and overnight shipping to get me back on the road. I'll fully respect an shop that does that for a customer, especially when I'm sure that situation is very frustrating from their end.

Cheers :beer
    Yellow Pig likes this.
  18. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We recently had a test day this last week in Southern California with the Rottweiler Performance crew developing the KTM 790 Adventure R that is being fielded in the 2020 Best In The Desert Race series. We still have some work to do with this bike but have it about 80% of where we would like it.
    Here a small iPhone clip showcasing the speed able to be carried through 3 foot whoops at speed, we had a film crew on site and will share that footage once we get it.

19. Wonger20

Wonger20 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed you can do an upgrade on the 43mm WP Apex forks and shock for the 390 ADV.
  20. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We have a set of 43mm Apex forks and the rear shock off the 790 Standard model in our R&D lab at the moment!
    Wonger20 likes this.