Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. SDS

SDS introverted excavator

Oddometer:
    I'm using the US30 and I think it's pretty great. What I'd really love to have is a simple, top loading semi-rigid case that could be packed with clothing and stuff, then slid inside the US30. This would keep my clothes in decent shape, be much easier to pack, and provide some rigidity to the US30 when cinching the straps. I'm about to start looking for a suitcase with the right outer dimensions (or close to it), or maybe even a Tupperware would work. Has anyone gone this route yet?
  2. vauxben

vauxben n00b

Oddometer:
    Do they do 'shirt shuttles' where you are?

https://www.patrona.com/product/shirt-shuttle/

Or packing cubes or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ever successfully attached a Kriega US tank adaptor to a 950/990 ADV?? Any pictures of mounting it?

Thanks!
  4. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    I currently have Kriega frame loops mounted on my Street Triple, SV650S and Ninja300. I'm wanting to mount a set on my 2008 Yamaha FZ1 but looking at it, I'm not seeing any way to get the straps around a subframe part or alternative mounting. Anyone here mounted the frame loop straps on a 2nd-gen Fazer?
  5. blalor

blalor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You might consider the rack loops attached to sturdy bodywork. That's worked well on my Africa Twin.
  6. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed CobraHeat Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Prepping our 2008 GSA for the KAT this weekend. Waiting for the Nitron Shocks to arrive, so we'll get the other stuff done....
    Nitron R1 shock- front
    Nitron R2+HPA- rear
    Mitas E-09 tires...
    Rox Risers
    Pivotpegz
    Powerlet iPhone adapter
    Interphone waterproof case
    TOBY Steering Damper
    Kriega US10 tank bag
    Kriega fork seal covers
    and we never leave home without our trusty R35 backpack!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    scareraven likes this.
  7. RozzyCat

RozzyCat Bleeds orange Supporter

Oddometer:
    No pics but very simple. Front - loop two straps together and run under the frame and back up to the adapter. Velcro - position under seat on the top/back of fuel tanks. Tighten it up and mount your bag. I use the 10L bag and find it perfect. Waterproof, rides low (doesn't get in the way) and I slip my camera in/out of the zippered compartment while on the go.
    MadM likes this.
  8. RozzyCat

Oddometer:
    I'd doing a review on Kriega bags for our magazine at Sharetrails.org. I've been very happy with my bags (5/10/20/30L). I use them as tail and tank bags on my 990. And as a tail bag on my 500EXC.

What problems have you had with your bags? Thanks for any/all input!
  9. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! I already ordered the adapter and will use my spare US5 on it at the moment, just to carry my toolkit.

I own 2x US5, 2x ToolRoll, Hydro-3 and the R8. The only problem I had was waist strap slipping on the R8 when I had a heavy load in it, like a full Kriega ToolRoll, going over rough terrain with my EXC300, otherwise Kriega gear was bulletproof for me.
    RozzyCat likes this.
  10. scareraven

scareraven Ninja Freak Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the 10, 20, 30 as well as R15 and R25 backpacks with hydropack and tool roll. Never had a problem. I used he original packs tour on my sport bikes and the back packs for commuting duty. I do wish they made an honest tank bag, I have not found a design I like though. Using a 10l as a tank bag never seemed appealing. But that gripe aside, I have put them through their paces with no issues.
    RozzyCat likes this.
  11. RozzyCat

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I use the Klim Krew Pak for long distance trail riding. It distributes weight well and the hydration bladder is a great design. You can turn it inside out for drying.
  12. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    I found a Tupperware container that was a perfect fit for the US10, and it has worked out great for carrying items that I don't want crushed (sandwhiches, fruit, ect). I'm sure with some searching, you'll find a similar container for the US30. I actually took my US10 into the supermarket so I could try containers "on the spot", lol. Kriega really should offer "rigid" slip-in forms for these bags.
    SDS and RozzyCat like this.
  13. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Actually no problems at all and I've been beating on all the bags I have for years and years. My US10 and US20 bags are probably close to 8 years old by now. The US30 is fairly newer as is my Overlander 30 but both have seen harsh duty. I've laid my 950 down on the O30's a number of times and they barely move out of place or show wear. I think the trick is to remove the white liners and wash the black body fairly often to keep the dust and grit from rubbing on the liners.
    RozzyCat likes this.
  14. RozzyCat

Oddometer:
    That's a good idea. I've had mine 7 years and you're right about showing little wear. Nice! Thank for all the feeback guys!
  15. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have received my Kriega Tank Harness today and went straight to garage to fit it. Up front no problems, I just wrapped each strap around a frame cross member so that it doesn't interfere with steering.
    [​IMG]

But at the back, some problems showed up. There is no good place to tie in the velcro straps. So after some thinking and trying things out, here are 4 possible mounting solutions for the back straps.

1. Velcro on the tank and straps bent out from under the seat. The bend protrudes out from the seat and gets in the way standing and sitting.
    [​IMG]

2. Strapped to crash bars. For this, I would need to order a additional set of front straps that can be loop around the tube. It pulls the harness at a bad angle.
    [​IMG]

3. Melting a hole through the strap and put a tank mounting bolt through it. Again, a aditional set of straps need to be bought.
    [​IMG]

4. Gluing velcro to the airbox and sliding the seat over most of the harness. It is a bit fiddly to mout the seat and I can't comment on longevity and possible rubbing between seat cover, harness and fuel tanks.
    [​IMG]

Any other suggestions from people that have successfully mounted the tank harness to their 950/99ADV??
  16. RozzyCat

Oddometer:
    I do #4. Mine came with velcro on the rear straps. No glue - just adhere the velcro to the back/top edges of fuel tanks. Mine has lasted 5+ years and shows no sign of wear. I'll post up a pic when I have some time. How about loop to frame under seat?
  17. RozzyCat

Oddometer:

Here's my set up. It looks like they've changed the rear straps since I bought mine. My rear straps are covered with velcro - shown below. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for feedback on kriega products in general or specifically the bags you listed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  19. RozzyCat

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking! Just the bags I listed for now, thanks. I do appreciate all the wisdom you've added to this thread.
    team ftb likes this.
  20. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody know if the new OS bags are compatible with the US bags for those of us with US bags? Could you strap a US5 to a OS18 for example?