1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. SDS

SDS introverted excavator

Oddometer:
    Did something similar.....found a Tupperware type container at WalMart that fits right into the US30. Works pretty well.
  2. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    I believe you can, the OS bags have strap loops on the back side, your US5 (with the newer alloy hook style straps) can be hooked to the loops on the OS. Check RevZilla video on OS bags, they demonstrate the loops towards the end of video around the 9 minute mark.
  3. kuffs

kuffs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Relax, sure it's similar but a blatant ripoff, please. I had a bag identical to that....years before Kriega was even a company. Not everything that is similar is a ripoff.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Since this vendor is no longer active on this website, or in business at all AFAIK, maybe there should be a Kriega catch all thread made in Equipment....?
  6. Strelok

Strelok Too weird to live, to rare to die.

Oddometer:
    Has the US-32 replaced the Overlander 30, as in they aren't making them anymore?
    Do Kriega make anything rackless anymore?
    My Mosko R40 is just a little to inconvenient to take off and on while travelling, and I don't want to get racks.

What makes you think they're out of business? Their website is still up and products are still available in many places.
  7. blalor

blalor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you mean the OS-32? It does look like they've gone away from the rackless options. I have the Overlander 30 and I'm pretty happy with them, but I'm thinking about selling them now that I've upgraded to a much bigger Mosko setup. It looks like you might be able to DIY a similar setup: two of https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-overlander-15-pannier-bag, a set of https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-us-alloy-hook-strap and some loops https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-os-rack-loops
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    The OP is no longer associated with Kriega.
  9. Strelok

Oddometer:
    Emailed Kriega asking if the Overlander 30 was discontinued and if they still made rackless luggage. Got a reply: Yes it is, they're releasing a new rackless system at EICMA next week.

The guy told me he tested it on the 701 and that it was "very easy to remove", which means that just like the Mosko R40, you have to remove the rear straps of the carrier to fuel up, which annoys me.
    I'm thinking I should try and source an Overlander 30 anyways instead of waiting for this.

EDIT: Guy emailed me again sayin he had a brain fart and that you don't need to remove the carrier to fuel up a 701, just the top/center bag if you have one attached.

[​IMG]
  10. Strelok

Oddometer:
    I did mean OS-32.
    Wanna sell me your Overlander 30's?
  11. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    First off I want to say that my Kriega Overlander 30 has been awesome, especially on my 14k mile ride to Prudhoe Bay and back to Georgia on my Super Enduro: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/3-twins-head-to-deadhorse.1228229/ I probably have somewhere around 25k miles on these bags now and not one drop of water or dirt has ever got inside. On a recent trip over the Thanksgiving Break the strap that crosses over the seat will not hold any longer. I was wondering if you have any suggestions or tips to get this working again? As soon as I cinch the over the seat strap it begins to loosen. Thanks for any help you can offer.
  12. blalor

blalor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That looks great. I am in contact with the new distributor now on a solution. This will be my back up dependent on their solution.
    blalor likes this.
  14. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is anyone using a neck brace with Kriega Hydro-3 or any other backpack? Are there any interference issues??

Thanks!
  15. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    I use a Leatt neck brace with my Hydro 3, zero issues unless I install that Kriega CUBE storage pocket onto my hydro 3 left side shoulder strap which ends up being somewhere right over my left collar bone - that interferes when I turn my head toward the left.
    MadM likes this.
  16. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great info, thanks!

I have moved cube pocket to R8 waist strap as it was interfering with my helmet anyway.
  17. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Hydro-3 was really tight with my Leatt Pro 5.5 HD chest protector (XX-L) and a GPX 5.5 neck brace. I switched over to an Atlas chest protector and neck brace which are noticeablely thinner than the Leatt stuff and the Hydro-3 fits much better now.
    MadM likes this.
  18. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Contacted Kriega's US distributor on my issues of the straps loosening. Sent a few pics and a video of the issue and they contacted Kriega UK. Kriega UK wants them to send me all new bags. Sent my shipping info, awaiting delivery. So far so good. They said they hadnt seen this issue before. Ill keep you posted if the new bags arrive. Pretty solid customer service at this point. I am pleased.
  19. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A common problem with the Overlander 30s. Do a search in this thread for my posts battling with the same issue. I ended up getting rid of the standard plastic cam lock buckles that kriega utilize and sewed up some traditional motorcycle tie down metal buckles on to the bags. It fixed that issue but then I had other issues with the bags. The upside is that Kriega was awesome in their post sales support.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  20. CraigBKK

CraigBKK I ride to both find and forget myself...

Oddometer:
    I have fitted US 5 bags to the new OS 32 bags. I'd say the 10 and the 20 (mounted on top at a push) could also be attached based on the configuration of the loops.