Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Grantwallace

Grantwallace The MFWIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking for some help here. Can someone measure the dimension shown here? I think these will mount directly to my rack if the dimension works..

9255793E-1E6F-4CAA-8676-A0DE3941065E.jpeg

My Rack is the OM Xframe
    E520FEB2-AB99-4D3D-A290-1C75000C3CBF.jpeg
  2. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Grantwallace
    That measurement between the openings on the OS-Platform is 165mm (~6.5in) edge-to-edge.
  3. Grantwallace

Grantwallace The MFWIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir. I’ll measure my rack tomorrow
  4. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone fitted 2x US-5 to the sides of a US-20 as a modular system? Already have a 5 that I used for years on a Hydrapack. Yeah, I know I could probably rig up a US30 for the same or less but I like the separation of tools/ daily bits from the main compartment that the 20+5+5 would give. Like having a tankbag without having a tank bag.
  5. caljw

caljw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup...do it all the time!
  6. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    @amanlikemike - Since I can't seem to find the US-30 in stock anywhere, I managed to find a used one on here. Arrived, and while it's in decent-ish condition, holy CRAP it smells like it was used by a hobo for a pair of underpants for the past year. (Without being taken off.)

Any chance you could fill me in on the care instructions on it? The wife has confined it to the garage, and is refusing for it to be let in the house - safe to use something like Ecos detergent, or go with something more specialized? Machine wash gentle, or hand wash? (Honestly, smells more like it needs to be blasted with hydrochloric acid!)
  7. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    OP is no longer associated with Kriega.
    ubermick likes this.
  8. asaucier

asaucier n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Has anyone tried the Kreig OS Combo 36 on a WR250R. I am looking for saddlebags that are waterproof and will fit without a rack. Do you feel 36 liter has the room for a few day camping trip? Thanks for any info. I did a search but could find limited reviews for the new OS mounting base system. If I missed it could you please point me in the right direction.
  9. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am using the OS base with another manufacturers saddlebags mounted to it. I'm on a trip currently don't have access to the photos of it during testing. PM me a message in a couple days and I'll try and post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  10. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying the OS32's and have the SW Motech Pro carrier pannier racks. I notice Kriega sell a platform especially for the Eco and tubular racks (the Pro is kind of flattish) so that you don't need a strap going across the seat. Now, on the Pro racks there are tie down placements, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom, do you think the buckles on the panniers would 'hold' after being threaded through these? ie as if its a platform.

Sorry if it's hard to understand
  11. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Hey Johnny, I think I see what you're asking and yes it looks like it would. Only thing that may be an issue is the spacing of the holes in the Pro rack matching up with the bag straps. Are those Pro racks stamped steel (hard to tell from pics I find online). If they are you might be concerned about sharp edges compared to the Kriega platform/board.
  12. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply...will have a feel tomorrow re the sharpness but they are tie down points so I suppose they are meant to have straps going through/round them.
    I have actually emailed Kriega and they said a platform, for the Pro rack, was coming in 2019.
  13. Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, does anyone know what these white webbing IMG_2168.jpg clasps are for on the older style Hydro 3 pack?
  14. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just went and looked at mine, figured they were for mounting a 5 or 10L Kriega, but funny how they are only on the bottom of the Hydro 3??

So..........I really don't know??

Cheers
  15. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    To attach backpack straps? :dunno
  16. Aircooled6racer

Oddometer:
    The backapack straps are sewn to the pack. The waist strap goes on the other buckles. US 5 and US10 mount to the other straps on the back. I may have to send an email to England since they are just bugging me what they are for? I also need to get a waist strap for it since I misplaced them.
  17. Payaso

Payaso Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are there any upcoming events for discounted rates of your bags in the SoCal area? Also, is there a way to lock the bags and leave them on the bike?

Thanks!
  18. UPSHIFT_D

UPSHIFT_D n00b

Oddometer:
    In the past the white nylon loop had been used as an alternate mounting point for the larger US-10 bag with the plastic buckle serving as a barrier between the hook and material(hopefully the picture attached isn't too grainy!). In a rolling change it had been removed in favor of the current double stitching and Nylon Strap, however, those with the original bags have an extra loop to work with!

Attached Files:

19. UPSHIFT_D

UPSHIFT_D n00b

Oddometer:
    No scheduled events at the moment for Kriega specifically! You may see a few of our other brands at popups within the coming month or so, but we are still working with our dealer network for potential promotions.

As far as locking bags to your bike -- Kriega does not have a ready made option but depending on your bag you may have a few routes. Steelcore is a US based company that makes a pretty slick locking cable. The 4.5 Foot cable fits perfectly around the OS-22 and OS-32 Bags mounted to an OS-Platform. Personally, I have used a Lock Straps Jacket/Helmet Lock to secure my bag to my motorcycle through the frame, but, this is primarily for locking the bag to the bike rather than securing it's contents.

-Jeff

Attached Files:

20. Aircooled6racer

Oddometer:
    I can now sleep at night knowing what that buckle was for on the older style Hydro 3 I have. I forgot about the older US dry bag mounting straps since I have the newer style ones now. Now to find a waist strap for the Hydro 3 and order up some more stuff from Kriega. Thanks.