Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Payaso

Payaso Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that information, i'll take a look around and see what I come up with. It's not something i consider/care about when I go on my solo trips. It's more for when i use the bike/bags in the city for work. A lot of people on the street like to snoop around. Thanks!

-Jeff
  2. Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_2173.jpg You could use a Pacsafe cable lock or the SteelCore. I have both and use both. I also made some coated wire with loops on the ends to feed through some bags I use as front panniers. I just use a padlock for those. These are all just a visual deterrent since if someone really wants your stuff they will get it even with hard boxes. They may even take the whole bike.
  3. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this also forum for posting comments about Kriega backpacks?
  4. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure. Why not? I have an R15 and love it.
    Also use a Hydroback and am happy with that.
    Cheers
  5. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK. I was looking a new hydration pack. I am in northern VA, and we're on our 20th day with temps at 90 or higher. No end in sight. Looks like we're going to crush all or our records. Our summers continue to get hotter and wetter.

Anyhow, I was doing some research and narrowed my brands down to a few brands. I stumbled on the new Kriega pack. I like the features of the new Kriega Trail 9 Adventure pack. Technically Kriega considers it a backpack. So for $175 ( Revzilla ), Kriega doesn't include a hydration bladder. Add another $35 - $45 for hydration reservoir. $220-$225 for small pack ?? What !! Seems pretty pricy for a 9 liter pack. Currently a handful of reviews. Mostly from Europe. Anyone have first hand experience with the Kriega Trail 9 Adventure and can any dealer explain pricing ??

Let me know Kriega.
  6. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    I don't have experience with that particular bag, but...

Kriega stuff will outlast you, your bike, maybe mankind. That's only a slight exaggeration. That's why they cost what they do. I have an R15 and a US20, both have been nothing short of bombproof, if not a little more fiddly than necessary with all the straps and buckles. I'm thinking about the MAX28, which is similarly (moreso) pricey, mainly because I like the idea of a bag that can hold my helmet.

That said, I bought my R15 years and years ago without a hydration bladder. I use a generic one I picked up at Target that I think cost me $10-15. The new Trail packs are more than a hydration pack with the added features and included dry bag.

You can definitely buy a cheaper hydration pack that will get the job done and it might be the right move depending on what you really need out of it (I've done the same for hiking and mountain biking), but the Kriega stuff has been top of the line stuff in my experience.

EDIT to add that the Enduristan backpacks are priced similarly, and the couple of Enduristan bags I have I'd say quality is about on par with Kriega.
    MadM and GF-kam like this.
  7. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I added a stock photo of the Kriega Trail 9 Adventure backpack. From Kriega website. Not sure if the 4 liter roll-top can be removed as option. But the would make an even nicer feature like the Kriega Hydro 3L with the fasteners.
    kriega-trail-9-orange-web.jpg
  8. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kriega is expensive, but it lasts. My Hydro-3 + US5 combo is 8 years old, have it on all bike rides, street, adventure, rally, enduro, MX track... It has yet to fail or show any signs of wear (minus the waterproof liner in the US5 that molded since I forgot to dry it out after a swim in the river).

The trail pack line, to me, seem like Hydro-3 base with a US5 or US10 bag integrated into the hydration pack. Looks great and functions. You can also chose a Hydro-3 with any of their bags (US5, OL6, US10 or OL12) and add it to the Hydro-3. And if you don't need that much capacity on a certain ride, just detach the US/OL bag and leave it home.

Here is my kit, a bit crappy picture. Can get you better ones in a few days if needed. But be avare, this is old design of the Hydro-3 and US5!
    IMG_20200709_194835.jpg
  9. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Mounted up OS22's recently. Can't wait to give them a shake down run.

[​IMG]
  10. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    That Trail 9 does look good. I bought a Hydro-3 and US10 back in 2012 and it is my go to for everything off road. Most of the time I just use the Hydro-3 by itself though. Other than being dirty/stained, everything is holding up perfect, which is more than I can say for the USWE pack I had before that lasted 3 months :nah
    MadM and GF-kam like this.