1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Kropotkin Speaks - Pedrosa vs Hayden

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Kropotkin, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Ninjak

Ninjak Sasquatch

Oddometer:
    Like he "controlled" Nicky, maybe?:eek1
  2. mx125

mx125 Knob from Canada

Oddometer:
    Hah! Exactly!!:rofl
  3. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    In my experience, it's important to order the beer before getting your face slapped. It stings less...
  4. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:

In my experience, it's a prerequisite to order muchos cervesas in order to get into the proper frame of mind (or lack thereof) to get one's face slapped. :lol3
  5. duckrider

duckrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It will be interesting to see the reception Pedrosa gets at Laguna next year.
  6. Pete Rock

Pete Rock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If Hayden doesn´t become champion, I think that Pedrosa might become indisposed a week before Laguna next year :lol3
  7. Pete Rock

Pete Rock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Nicky podía fallar en alguna carrera y la Yamaha ya había demostrado varias veces esta temporada que su motor es frágil. Así que nuestro plan pasaba por sumar los 50 puntos, ahora que llegaban dos circuitos en los que podíamos ser muy competitivos, y esperar a ver qué hacían Rossi y mi compañero Nicky"

Basicaly, there was still a chance of him winning the championship, since Hayden could make a mistake in any race and Yamaha had already showed their engine has already failled, he and Puig decided he´ld go for 50 points in the last two races.

What I can´t understand is that, in Pedrosa and Puig´s minds, Pedrosa, in third place in the championship, had the duty to try for first since his team mate could fail and so could Yamaha´s engine, obviously that his team mate, already in first, wasn´t a better contender than him :rofl

It´s so stupid only a full of himself spaniard racer, with a spaniard (king of ego pamperings) advisor, racing a Repsol Honda could ever say that.

I also enjoyed how he justified attacking Hayden by having been scared by Edwards´s pass, followed by Hayden´s, this according to him was messing his plan to control Rossi, control Rossi? TWAT!

I guess this is what happens when instead of being coached by Doohan (like Rossi), you let Puig loose
  8. familyman

familyman I have bad ideas

Oddometer:
    What the hell? He's trying to win the last two races? Um... everybody out there is trying to win the last two races. That's why they get on the bikes before the start. Wanting to win and winning are two different things. I'm all for that 'can do' attitude but what the hell?
  9. azkiwi

azkiwi message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    He sounds all very contrite in the interview , but somehow it all comes out as 'prepared' or coached. Maybe its just lost in translation ...

"when the front tyre lost grip I just prayed to God to be the only one to crash…"

"I will be Nicky Hayden's best help in Valencia."

Sounds like someone at Honda finally got the message anyway.
  10. street tracker

street tracker High, wide, and handsome

Oddometer:
    Excellent Kropotkin!

If Pedrosa were to have been the one body-checked, he's be whining about it for the next year. Somebody needs to take him (and Puig) out behind the woodshed for a little "education." If I were Repsol and lose the title this year, I'd be calling for Pedrosa's head... but noooo, he's Spanish so somehow above being called a (bone)head.

Can we hope for a little karma here? Mini P cooks his clutch on the start at Valencia and is forced to retire on the first lap (that way he can't take anyone else out.)
  11. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree, he was fighting Nicky before that even happened...
  12. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    If Rossi gets 2nd at Valencia behind Nicky, he still wins the title. Both Hayden and someone else (Pedrosa, Elias, etc) need to finish ahead of him.
  13. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Yeah, sounded like someone (Puig) was starting the damage control spin. :rolleyes

K -- thanks for the great writeup (again). I've taken to reading them on your blog since it helps you out. :thumb
  14. mikekay

mikekay toiling midget

Oddometer:
    Refreshing write up.

I dont know the ins and outs of MotoGP.
    But i do know how Honda conducts itself in Baja.

I've been fired from two jobs for writing the truth about what i've seen Honda do in Baja racing. How messed up is that company? You wouldnt believe it. Kropotkin-the fucked up antics from the red team you see in Moto GP is just the tip of the iceberg. They are sick. I post the truth -- and i am hounded for years by the red menace. Even guys who are buddies of mine are now blackballed just by association. Its beyond sickness.

Honda needs to be investigated by interpoll for their international conspiracies in so many forms of motorsports.

Pedrosa takes out Hayden? Its karma.

I wont ever buy another Honda, ever. Not even a generator---and i've been riding and racing red since '71.

Whether its getting DQed for cheating in F1, and now in Baja---or the lack of control in a MotoGP team--Honda is one messed up place to be.

Its obvious guys like Valentino Rossi and Ricky Charmichael left Honda for good reasons.

I dont put the blame on Pedrosa, or this Puig dude. They are just tools for a huge advertising machine. Honda is a multi-billion dollar company, and they have lost their way. Red is no longer the 'special' bike, its just a huge conglomorate without any soul, staffed by jackels without any morals.

Best thing Honda could do for our sports is stop making motorcycles. When i see a Honda rider, i think, that guys just a victim of that horrible marketing monster.

Fuck Honda. They got what they deserve.
  15. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:
    "There was a lot of time left on the race, and it was not the time to engage in absurd fights. Valentino was not escaping, and be in the 4th position was O.K. with me. My plan was to keep Valentino in check and to let the race to take its course, so to attack towards the end"

... fine.

I am not a gambling man, but I would put money on some other team than Honda Repsol
  16. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
  17. kdxkawboy

kdxkawboy Mr. NVKLRGirl

Oddometer:
    +2

What I loved is how is how he was controlling Rossi, knew that Collins would be playing the spoiler, yet Collin's pass totally surprised him? And in beautiful Puig/Pedrosa tradition Collins did not just pass Dani, Collins nearly took his line away. Makes me wonder if anyone has ever made a clean pass on Dani?

I read his account and there are too many loose ends that don't add up to Dani's excuse of not being aware of what was going on around him and so he made some mistakes. I don't see a top level rider doing that. SO I go back to that 50 point thing. I think the other half of that discussion may have included some discussion of how Dani's agenda for the last two races was to move ahead of Hayden in the points.
  18. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Does any rider in motoGP like Pedrosa? When he was on the podium, he was always off by himself. The other riders would shake his hand, and then ignore him.
  19. demonite

demonite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the only two people in the paddock that truly like him are his reflection, and Puig.
  20. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    Great write up. And this just makes me hate Honda even more.

Honda is the evil empire. Pudrosa is Darth Vader.

I hope Nicky tells them to shove it. Even if Honda buys every team they can afford (which isn't working by the way) I still hope they lose.

This 800cc configuration idea of Honda's will blow up in their face too.

May the best Man win. The machine shouldn't matter.

Rossi will prove that again.

I hope Pudrosa gets fat in the off season.:dg