KTM 1190 TPMS Failure leading to General Failure Warning

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by CalgaryKatoom, Jun 27, 2018.

1. CalgaryKatoom

CalgaryKatoom Big and loud, just like my 1190

Oddometer:
    So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have a '14 1190 ADV and I have both a 19" and 21" rim. I had my 21" rim on (which has a new TPMS sensor in it) for a trip to Moab, and I switched it back to 19 and street rubber as that's the majority of the riding ill be doing the rest of the season (My 19" has the original TPMS that it came with when I bought the bike). After I switched the wheels the bike didn't pick up the old sensor, but picked up the rear wheel. I have been riding for a week, and the bike has gone from not picking up the front, to the TPMS Failure warning and not reading either, then it picked up the rear for a day again, then TPMS Failure and General Failure warnings. At a loss as to what to do as it seems like a computer issue since this all started with swapping out my front wheel.
  2. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    You need to re-pair the TPMS of any wheel you put on every time. I don't know if you can do it yourself or need to visit a KTM dealer. If it is so then better remove both TPMS from the wheels and maybe start using ebay ones that mount on the valve stem same way valve caps do.
  3. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:
    How does tpms communicate with the ecu....? Never had it on a bike before...

I assume it's like Bluetooth
  4. mhr650

mhr650 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The trick to changing back and forth between 2 sets of wheels is to change one at a time. Ride 10 miles or so until the bike picks up the new sensor and then change the other one.
  5. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:
    I was gonna run a spare set of tubed dirt rims, no sensors....

Will the bike recognise the wheels once I refit the originals with sensors