1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ktm 390 adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ErÑete, Dec 13, 2016.

1. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    LOL talk about wide of the mark.

I consider myself a lifelong student. In the same way that Ted Simon does not consider using better tools than those available to him at the time he wrote Jupiter's Travels - such as GPS - wrong or cheating, Chris Birch is similar: you got TC, learn to use it. And you don't hear him bitching about the bike.

You good enough to tell him he's doing it wrong and he needs to 'learn to ride properly'?

Similarly, I try to do a rider training course each year. Previously during the emergency braking exercises we were asked to turn off ABS if we had it. Now we are being asked if we have it, leave it on and we should definitely be locking the wheels during the exercise. A clear shift to 'use the tools available to you '. btw the ABS on the 1190 was so good the instructor could not see it operating. I can't image the ABS on the 790 being worse.
  2. ErGuss

ErGuss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stop feeding the troll.......
  3. Red liner

Red liner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took my eyes off just for that one second to see where my buddies are at and boom

IMG_20200823_082153-01.jpeg
    Massabusa, swizman, WAP and 2 others like this.
  4. Red liner

Oddometer:
    The qs is flawless. You just need the dealer do something called qs learning using a computer connected to the bike. After, once you start using the qs it further learns your shifting and adjusts accordingly.

Using the qs up and down without the clutch on the trail is quite nice. I enjoy it.
    jojojones, Bitingdog and ErGuss like this.
  5. Red liner

Oddometer:
    KTM factory rep i just met few days back. My engine oil levels dropped about 500 ml over 5000 kms.

Rep says 80ml/1000 km is normal and to top tne bike off if you feel antsy. I freaked out earlier forget about being antsy. Being used to a jap where what goes in is what comes out and all that.

Keep an eye on the sight glass every 1000 kms.
    drgas and ErGuss like this.
  6. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    , Extend the engine life rather than your oil.
    If the rings cant control the oil blow by, why are you asking it to. If it is not losing it the from 4 k , something has changed, oil viscosity is below standards.
    Red liner likes this.
  7. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    A well sorted quickshifter can be a beautiful thing. Sure do enjoy your pictures by the by. Such epic beauty, and your photos are skillfully shot
    Red liner likes this.
  8. jojojones

jojojones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you actually mean the computer "learns" your personal shift patterns?...I am seeing a dealer for the 1st service in 2 days and I would like any link to this please to understand before I ask them to perform that?
  9. jojojones

jojojones Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those waiting for the dealer to send them the owner's manual, dont let them weasel out...make sure they send the nice binder that includes the custom $6199 KTM plastic pen, document holder, and nice large pad so you can write down your musings about the wonders of the bike.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jimbobvfr, Red liner, ErGuss and 2 others like this.
  10. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    I got the binder. No owners manual with it.
    yokesman likes this.
  11. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am going to sell my ADV Tribe risers. Only risers that work with stock bars and won’t require any mods.

Save 10 bucks plus tax and a long ass wait from India and pm me
  12. bikerdude

bikerdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much you want for them? My zip is 28806.
  13. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sent you a pm
  14. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    even KTM customer service is selling pdf idea? Along with go to your dealer for all problems.
  15. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Huh?

Oddometer:
    Had a chance to sit on the 390 Adventure yesterday at Chaparral. Tempting, to say the least. I like the orange and black. These two are on the showroom floor.

20200822_170610.jpg
    BlueRidgeKat, ErGuss and Red liner like this.
  16. Red liner

Oddometer:
    No the computer makes the bike understand qs shifting between 1-6 and then 6-1. Thereafter the bike continues learning with your constant shift pattern.

Some bloke from india on youtube should have posted this video up on his channel...give it a search and mute the bloody thing.
  17. Red liner

Oddometer:
    This time keeping an eye on the sightglass every 1000 km to mark progress. Will stick to a 6k oil change interval. What is that in miles...
  18. Red liner

Oddometer:
    Appreciate your kind words sire. The phone does everything, i just send it. Much like our little KTM haha.
    Bitingdog and WAP like this.
  19. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_6242.jpg
    Make a fair offer!
    Maxacceleration likes this.
  20. Red liner

Oddometer:
    The trail that led to the debacle. I have to stop paddling and i have to stop touching rhe fucking brakes on steep downhill trails... Fighting that inner voice is very difficult
    Bitingdog and ErGuss like this.