1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ktm 500 Husky 501 Oz Adventure bikes

Discussion in 'Australia' started by bigbrad, Jan 2, 2017.

1. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    You should try dealing with these drones. They won't budge, won't even do a quick google search, despite me giving them the search criteria and the links it produces to the Acerbis website itself, which accurately describes the tank as a 2019 SXF tank. I basically did their job for them and they still were worse than useless. They refuse to send another tank because apparently the supplier says it is the correct one.
    They got told a steaming pile of utter horseshit from their supplier and it is apparently gospel, not to be questioned at all - ever. So they will take this dud back into stock and (they have told me this, and I expressed my horror) they will sell it to the next poor victim, because the supplier is God, apparently, despite the self-evident lies they got told.
    They have demonstrated a degree of uselessness that Fred Gassit would be proud of. What is the point of customer service when they don't actually provide it?
  2. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    That's a tough one. I woulda thought the o-ring would seal it up if the nick goes towards the ID, but does it begin outside the diameter of the o-ring? Got a photo?

A suggestion, a thin bit of rubber sheeting, cut a washer for the flat machined surface, it might complete the seal. I dunno how it will hold torque settings though, I'm not an engineer by trade.
  3. anadel

anadel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will get a photo tomorrow and put it up. I’ll try anything so will try the washer idea.
  4. nzrian

nzrian renegade master Supporter

Oddometer:
    Out with the kids last weekend on the beach.

IMG_20201003_115428.jpg

IMG_20201003_115450.jpg
  5. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Nice.
    Ride on a beach here in Oz and you get arrested and your bike impounded, apart from a couple of spots like Rainbow Beach and Stockton Dunes.
  6. nzrian

Oddometer:
    Most remote beaches and some near cities are regarded as roads here, if you have a rego and wof, you are fine.

This beach is reasonably remote, no cops for miles :-)

I have ridden rainbow beach and the one you get on the ferry for south of there, Tewaah?

Awesome ride, also in the forest around there is cool.
  7. saltyD

saltyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tried some non-hardening sealer like loktite MR GS2?

I think the problem with silicone (apart from the risk of bits of cured goop getting into your oil passages) is it doesn't stick unless the surface is super clean.
  8. Grog

Grog Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    If the surface around the area is flat you could use a small block and emery to remove the indent. Plug the hole first with some cloth...

Have done similar before and works well providing you can keep the surface flat with the block.
  9. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You forgot Portland ( with a permit) and most of the south east of SA, and Lancellin in WA.
    But yes, generally you can't
  10. anadel

anadel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will look into that product. I wasn't happy about the silicone for that specific reason-good point
  11. anadel

anadel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I can do that due to the restricted space and the sheer amount of sanding required. I will take a photo and put it on display. really appreciate this feedback
  12. nzrian

Oddometer:
    More beach riding with the kids this weekend.

IMG_20201010_145505.jpg

IMG_20201010_150950.jpg

The missus doing the supermodel pose.
    ToriMish, Kiwirich, AUSSIEADV and 4 others like this.
  13. dnrobertson

dnrobertson Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    socalluke, ToriMish, richo360 and 5 others like this.
  14. saltyD

saltyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the only way to make that more unzud (gumboots and beer), is to have some sheep in the background.
    nzrian likes this.
  15. nzrian

Oddometer:
    Levitation bro, it's the new craze.
    GodSilla and dnrobertson like this.
  16. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Bugger, I forgot the Coorong. I've driven my own fourby along that one.
  17. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I went for a ride up the mountain from my place yesterday, mostly trail but some enduro type stuff, and I noticed when I got home I'd used up almost all of the front suspension travel just getting some mild airtime over a couple of erosion mounds (I thought the landings felt a little weird). Time for a respring and revalve soon I think, but I'm waiting for IMS to release their 20 litre tank first so I can get it done when the bike is all fitted up with the extra weight.

Had a couple of flameouts too at idling speed too (I like to plonk around sometimes). The injection as it is doesn't seem as stall-resistant as a carby. I'm thinking of sending the ECU away to Rex next week since I am having toenail surgery on my big toes and won't be riding for a week or two.

Rear tyres die quickly on this one.:rofl
    outbackflyer, Boxa and 0405canvet like this.
  18. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Only run a spring weight to compensate for a full tank with the larger tank if you are running it full or near to it all/most of the time. Personally i dont run heavier springs for higher fuel capacity as most times im not running them full. Also when im riding with full fuel im riding slower in an ADV environment.
    GodSilla likes this.
  19. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
  20. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    The bike is sprung for around 72 or 75 kilos from memory, so with my riding gear I'm already 25kg over that, so I need a respring and revavle anyway. I tend to run tanks with more rather than less fuel (range anxiety) but previous resprings improved the low-fuel action of the suspension too, if done properly it works throughout the range of fuel weight. The rear spring is wound up pretty much as well, too light for our fat Aussie backsides.