KTM 530 EXCR- More better!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neduro, Apr 3, 2008.

1. TrailBreak

TrailBreak Willfully Stupid

Oddometer:
    Beat on the old girl a bit this weekend. 200 miles of mostly off-road.
    IMG_0688.JPEG IMG_0690.JPEG
    Tuffgonger and z_rider like this.
  2. Bungholio

Bungholio Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just found this in my shed, anyone interested in stock seat foam and cover for 2008-2011 ktm? Came off a 2009 530exc. Small tear in rear right quarter of cover (see pictures). Foam is unmolested and in good shape. I replaced it with seat concepts back in 2013 I think. Just pay shipping or come pick it up. IMG_20200804_131641733.jpg IMG_20200804_131649572.jpg IMG_20200804_131655574.jpg
    z_rider likes this.
  3. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    Replaced the fork bushings, they were smoked. Figured I should check the shock bushings as well.
    IMG_0702.JPEG
    IMG_0703.JPEG

New (left) vs old. Definitely time to change.

IMG_0705.JPEG

Sick home made bleed setup.

Attached Files:

z_rider and Bonafide Bob like this.
  4. z_rider

z_rider Goin' plaid!!

Oddometer:
    Is that the first time you've opened up your forks and shock?

Wondering because I haven't touched mine yet but I figure your bike has about 3k+ more miles due to TAT.
  5. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    No I did them before I left. I can't remember the mileage when I did it but the oil was really nasty. Most likely original. I put in stiffer springs all around when I did the service and converted the shock to a Race tech bladder system. I also put on an Xtrig preload adjuster. This time around I did a full rebuild on the shock, new seals etc along with the bushings, and a new bump stop.
    Bonafide Bob and z_rider like this.
  6. SoPaRider

SoPaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BUMP!
  7. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
  8. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll just leave this right here. 20201011_075503.jpg
    z_rider, endurists and TrailBreak like this.
  9. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A ktm 530 in it's natural habitat 20200927_081205.jpg
    Beardoge and z_rider like this.
  10. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    Great shots peman. How's the weather down under these days? Is that a Michelin rear? How do you like it?
  11. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey trailbreak, the weather has been very dry which is high fire danger, i tried the Michelin front and rear and it made the bike horrible, gave it head shake and a vibration through the entire bike and bloody expensive! i've settled on motoz Tractionator h/t desert, and for the front maxxis it desert mid/hard, with this combo i get very good/predictable behavior, long life and very affordable. on other news I'm getting a long range tank for my trip to fraiser island and rainbow beach it will be my last trip to the beach as injuries are catching up with me now so i'll make the most of it.
    Trailbreak what tank do you have? and what sort of range do you get? thanks in advance.
  12. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    I have the 3.4 gal Acerbis tank. I used it on my cross country trip last year. I don't recall exactly but I want to say I was good for around 140 mi per tank. Of course YMMV based on fuel type, riding conditions etc. If fuel is sparse on Fraser I would opt for the 6.3 gal tank. I wish there was a size in between those 2 tanks.
  13. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, iv'e worked it all out and the 3.4 gal should do perfectly as my last time i was there i got halfway and back with some spare on standard tank so with the 3.4 should see me to the end and back to Eurong [a town] were there's a servo, it's not so much as hard to get fuel but the price... i don't really want the big tank in the sand:uhoh.

Finally got the bike to another dyno tuner to make sure the air/fuel ratio are spot on as i had a issue with the needle which did some damage, long story short it has another piston, barrel and head, when i get the dyno sheet I'll post it up as the last place never gave me one.

i do have a regrind camshaft to try as well but that's for next year, over this year already.
  14. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    I should have never sold my 530 after I had it common sumped. I was just tired of fiddling with that damn FCR and a “Pro” making it worse. I should have pulled the carb again and sent it to Zip-Ty racing.
    TrailBreak likes this.
  15. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Peman.

I just scored a advmoto 5 lt fuel bladder. Your welcome to borrow it for the trip. Maybe an option.

link;

https://www.excitemotorsports.com.au/product/adventure-moto-fuel-bags-fuel-bladder/

I've got a 13lt acerbis and I needed a bit spare for a route I do every so often. It'll suit me.
  16. z_rider

z_rider Goin' plaid!!

Oddometer:
    Peman, post pics of your trip my friend!Went to Frasier in the 90s and tho I'm not thinking it can change much I'd kiss the sand to see it again. Have a blast!

PS. Gnarly pic, that one with the fire roasting...
  17. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes i feel your pain, i rebuilt my carb and it still problematic, looking at a lectron as we speak.
  18. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi tileman, thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind. i am curious though to the range you get out of a tank?
  19. peman

peman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi z_rider, most likely hasn't changed much besides the usual developments. The last time i was there was when i first got the bike four years ago now:eekers and yes I'm definitely documenting the trip in fact I'm making sure to get footage as well. can't rely on the memories.
    z_rider likes this.
  20. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hehe. If only I rode enough to know!

Hopefully 2021 grants me the time to find out.

2020 has been a bit of a bust.
    z_rider likes this.