KTM 625sxc

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by manoir, Apr 12, 2006.

1. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Ok, got a response -- The sales guy was wrong --(nothing new there, he didn't even know what it was)..
    He said he called the regional sales manager for KTM and asked about importing -- No can do..
    Reason it is not being sold in the US -- according to the sales guy is -weight -- not street legal in the US..
    I ask, yet the 07 EXCs will be, are they going to do the same with the SXC and then being to import them again -- He did not have an answer..

Any body, have an answer for the 07's?
  2. frankietheyankee

frankietheyankee NJ Geezer

Oddometer:

Yeah, now that you mention it, his head does seem unnaturally big.
  3. Moto_Mike

Moto_Mike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I dont know about you guys but my 03 KTM 625 SXC came with the Mikini 38 CV carb. And I may be wrong but i think all the dirt oriented SXC's that came to the USA also came with the Mikini 38 not the Kiehin FCR. Now if you are looking at the 625 Supermoto then thats a diffrent story, that one does have the FCR carb.
  4. BC in Mid TN

BC in Mid TN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    03 had the CV 04 had the FCR in the US
  5. mcc*

mcc* Adventurer

Oddometer:
    An opinion from Southern British Columbia.
    Have a 2004 625 SXC that has been converted to a Dual Sport. A little buffety and buzzy on the road......but a trail and dirt road slayer in the bush. Absolutely no problems what so ever....unless you count eating up the rear tires with all the torque. Great ride.......buy it.

P.S. Anyone coming this way......give us an email and if available we will show you some country and Canadian hospitality
  6. humdinger

humdinger bp

Oddometer:
    The link below is just a quick comparison but if you hunt around here long enough you should be able to find quite a bit of info on the sxc. My riding buddy has an '05 and doesn't have any trouble taking it into tight single tracks or over good sized logs.
    I read every article I could find before purchasing my 640 Adventure and having owned KTMs previously, knew what I was in for. I wasn't disappointed.
    IMO, rider ability plays more of a role with 'what you can do with a bike' and 'where you can take it' more so than particular characteristics of the bike itself. Its only the amount effort required and the comfort factors that vary significantly.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133766
  7. crazybrit

crazybrit Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is an interesting thread. I test rode a 2003 625 SXC today. Man, that thing just *ripped*. I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground pulling away in 1st and could get the front end nice and light gassing it hard in 3rd. Oddly it wasn't too tall for me. I was expecting a major problem as I'm literally tiptoes both sides on a new 640A - 29" inseam. Either the suspension is a little softer or the SXC packed down in 3 years.

I was interested in getting a LC4 as I rode a 640e in Costa Rica for a week. 1st bike, 2005, 0km, vibrated my ass to sleep at 65mph -- then clutch went out at 80km. Replacement 2004 with gel seat and 20k was smooth as silk. Could pull 200 miles of pavement on the second one with zero problems plus it was so much better on trails than my KLR. I'm curious as I'm thinking about selling the KLR650 and getting two bikes to replace it. Maybe a DL650 for longer distance touring (80/20 paved/gravel) and another which is much more dirt and adventure focused but can do decent amounts of pavement.

I know from the above personal experience that the LC4e would fit the bill for the later but riding the SXC today didn't feel anything like the enduro.
    More power, more footpeg vibes. Plus not sure how the lack of cush and no frame oil will impact ability to do longer trips with lots of pavement. Also I'd need a more comfy seat (not sure if that implies taller) and soft bag racks (unsure if the frame is the same as the enduro, I doubt it).

What kinds of adventure trips have people taken on their SXC? Thread 133766 is interesting but there all crazy down under anyhow.

I can't afford a 640A. Plus I'll save the money for the new FI 690A.

Tony
  8. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless you are a feeble old man or a girl the SXC does just fine in the woods... The name of the trail leading to this jump is called HELLS CANYON... and for good reason:evil I get the strangest looks from guys on 200-250cc 2 stroke guys when I am way out on some crazy singletrack.

[​IMG]
  9. SouthWest Roamer

SouthWest Roamer Love the desert, Love to ride, Love Photography

Oddometer:
    Thought this thread could use a few pics!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    OMG, my eyes.

Thats. Just. Wrong.

Why?

Pizza Delivery?

Baby Stroller?

:huh
  11. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    Interesting to say the least.

I thought they outlawed three-wheelers.
  12. Robrider

Robrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just bought a 2007 625 SXC sounds like they will be bringing out a 690 later in the year.
    This bike rips.I love it,am planning to add a 27 litre tank and some panniers,then do Karatha to Darwin via the Gibb River Rd and a few other tracks in between.
    Just one question can you get like a haynes or clymer manual for this bike?
    Have owned a xr 650 and a dr 650 this bike sits head and shoulders above them.
  13. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    MP, thanks for lots of great info. I just got my greedy little fingers on a '04 625sxc that Scott Harden reworked for some TV show back in 2005 (Dakar Rally Team USA Rider Search). I'm trying to figure out as much as possible about it 'cause I plan on doing all the maintenance myself.

So, it's wearing the front off an adventure bike (dual headlight and fairing to match) and a huge, what looks to be, seven gallon tank. The manual that I got with it says that it's got the oil-in-frame, but it does not. The cockpit stuff is all gone and it has a Vapor trip computer taped on instead.

Should be lots of fun! This thing ROCKS!

14. 1stworks

1stworks dude

Oddometer:

That shit is cool!!!
    Does it look like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

firstworks
  15. 1stworks

1stworks dude

Oddometer:

did you get #27 or 14?

:evil :evil :evil

firstworks
  16. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    Firstworks,

Actually, I got number 10 (and yes, it looks exactly like that). Friend of mine bought it off Scott directly after Scott advertised it right here.

Nice Pics bro! I recognise that last one as taken from the porch of that restaurant in Lake City that serves some of the best fried catfish this side of the Mississippi.

Now, I wouldn't mind a stab at that #21 bike. :wink:

You boys had a fun that day, me thinks.

Uli
  17. oziexplorer

oziexplorer fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer:
  18. 1stworks

1stworks dude

Oddometer:

Thanks
    All pics can be seen here.:D KTM Raid 2005
    https://firstworks.smugmug.com/gallery/728417_piYXY#32000379_Yvjaa

Do you know any of those guys in the pic?

One of them is a big time racer.:clap

firstworks
  19. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    Ok, finally got pics taken.

Here is the number 10 bike -
    [​IMG]

And one more, 'cause I can -
    [​IMG]

And lastly, one of the cockpit plate I made for it this weekend. It's large enough to have room for a GPS and beer holder (it's double rubber isolated to keep the beer steady) and anything else I might need -

[​IMG]
  20. 1stworks

1stworks dude

Oddometer:
    looks GREAT.:D

firstworks