KTM 625sxc

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by manoir, Apr 12, 2006.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite

You loosing fluid? Do you have the hops when it is cold.. these systems need new orings on the slave and a good piston kit at the lever quite often if you ride alot..
  2. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Check the bore at the lever too before ordering the expensive piston kit, the plating can wear/flake off meaning the whole thing needs replacing & it only comes complete :puke1 $$$

Clint
  3. Just_P_Dirty

Just_P_Dirty Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer:
    i am finally in korea and missing my KTM. doesnt get here until Aug. I have been here 2 days and already found a 49cc scooter for 25 bucks. Unfortunately the motor just blew on it. i found a good shop to rebuild for cheap in a couple days so i should be gtg until Aug. I will post some pics when i get some...
  4. cynna

cynna Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that going to be a long wait. what are you doing over there?
  5. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    i get my ktm last week of jul/first week of Aug. I am in the military stationed at Osan
  6. nazus13

nazus13 n00b

Oddometer:
    Here is mine, with some modifications.

Looking forward to get a 30 liter rally tank and a fairing with proper lights.

Giant loop works great on the bike and is more than enough for a week long trip with tent and cooker.

Greetings from east of germany - where you still can find some gravel for travel. :clap

Attached Files:

7. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

8. Papa Smurf 0369

Papa Smurf 0369 Papa Smurf 0369 USMC

Oddometer:
    Parted out my 03 and picked up an 04. has 48mm DLC coated forks and tons of extras I tweaked or added. Love it.

Attached Files:

9. cynna

cynna Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    phew my ktm survived that latest aftershocks here in nz. the xr was leaning on it but no damage....
  10. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Naz,
    Nice looking motorcyle. But one thing I see that could be a problem is the long fork boots.
    They will bind limiting your total travel at full compression.
    IMHO.
    bill
  11. Bulldawgfan99

Bulldawgfan99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2004 625 sxc with a 640 main tank, fairing, headlights and a 1.3 gallon reserve tank. Where do I find the KTM/Red Bull graphics for this bike? I've looked at all the major vendors and have found nothing. Thanks.

Attached Files:

12. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    which tank is this?
  13. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    My 625 kills every time I idle the engine. I know there's a carb maintenance thread somewhere here. Can someone get me to that page with all the maintenance procedures for the LC4 engine? Specifically, I'm looking for help on the FCR41MX carb. the owners manual kind of sucks on this...

Thanks!
  14. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    There is a ton of info on the BST carb, but I don't see anything on maintenance on the FCR41MX carb. Has there been any posts on this?:ear
  15. dclange

dclange Let's ride!

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to sign in and say thanks for all this great info. I've been wanting to get into riding for years now, but am just now getting there (money and a hesitant wife slowed things down). Was fortunate enough to pick up a low mileage '04 625 SXC from a coworker, and will be taking it out for my first "real" day of riding this Saturday with a friend and his boys. Up to this point, my only experience is a motorcycle safety course, riding a simple motocross course for a few hours one time on a 250, and putting in some practice on the KTM at a big parking lot near my place.

Excited to get out there; will just have to take it easy and get comfortable in some more open areas before hitting the wooded trails.

We're headed here, near Oklahoma City:

http://www.lakedraper.com/images/downloadable/trailmap.pdf (they usually stick to the red trail)

More info here, under CrossTimbers: http://www.okiedirtriders.com/

Any advice for a first-timer on single track with a big bike like this would be welcome.

Dave
  16. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:

Dave,
    If you don't keep her moving, she'll get hot pretty quick in single-track. Do you have a radiator fan or coolant recovery tank?
  17. dclange

dclange Let's ride!

Oddometer:
    No, I don't. Thanks for the heads up. The trail we'll be on is wide enough for ATVs, so hopefully I can keep my speed up and enough air flowing to keep the bike happy.
  18. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    Most dont know in this thread- but i am stationed in South Korea with my 04 625. my rod was knockin pretty loud and i noticed a slight lose of power on the top end. so i took it to a shop and they torn it all the way down. I needed a new crank/rod/ bearings/cylinder/piston- complete engine rebuild. Let me tell you what Chip Munn from Munn racing in TX really helped me out with get parts/prices- i even shipped him broken parts and he shipped them back. Just amazing service- they race bike and know all about our 625 sxc's (when i was in the states he built a rear cush wheel for me). he stayed late on the phone and gave me helpful advice- top notch down to earth guys...
  19. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Dirty,
    How many miles were on her when she started knocking?
  20. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    I've been riding to work this week on basically city streets. The SXC is awesome there, too! It is so fun to roll on and hear the rumble, pop the wheel, etc. Awesome!

:rofl