1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

KTM 690 Adventure EVO2 Kit

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Frontwheel21, Oct 7, 2012.

1. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    CalGSer.
    They're the Evo1 tanks. I have them too and am very pleased with them - 10 litres plus some wind protection and seem robust too.
  2. TomekN

TomekN n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello.
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask..
    I consider creating my own graphics for my EVO2-equipped bike.
    Does anybody have the EVO2 grahpics template in vector format?
  3. KrogothCore

KrogothCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, it seems this thread is kinda dead, but Im looking into getting Evo2 tanks for my 690. Do the tanks still have issues with cracking and breaking when dropped? Cause thats a bit of a serious show stopper.
    Dick0 likes this.
  4. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just finished my evo2 install. Too cold to ride so no experience to pass on.
    20190121_111345aft.jpg 20190121_111458rightside.jpg
    KrogothCore likes this.
  5. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    Hows the feel while you are sitting? A local friend who used to have the whole Rally Raid setup on his KTM told me that top ridge would dig into your knees. Im guessing thats a very personal opinion though and not generally true.
  6. JustBob

Oddometer:
    Just sitting here in the garage it's fine. Only riding of course will tell, both sitting and standing, so I can't really say right now. I still haven't done the initial fill procedure, but I think the fuel will transfer fine and not leak. Fingers crossed. :)
    KrogothCore likes this.
  7. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    Im really aiming to use these tanks for adv riding. I am just really nervous about durability in falls. Fingers crossed for ya brother.
  8. JustBob

Oddometer:
    These tanks look pretty hardy. In my experience there's a difference between a crash and a drop and I think they will be fine in a drop. That said, they are available individually so if you break one, buy another....easy to change out.
    And OBTW, I'm not selling these and have no experience with them but have done a wee bit of thinking before I bought.
    So as you say, fingers crossed. :)
    KrogothCore likes this.
  9. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    I got about 10,000 miles on my EVO-2 tanks, with a number of "drops", no problems so far.

Be careful of overfilling the front tanks, on mine they are slightly above the rear tank, and if you fill up then park on a slight hill, I get gas overflowing. It's so nice not to have carry spare gas!
    Force0321, KrogothCore and JustBob like this.
  10. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP:
    We have a customer's 2019 KTM 690 Enduro which is being used to test our extensive range of accessories for fitment, as the new KTM now has the Husky 701 frame and motor, along with a host of other new features.
    First on the list is our popular billet lowering links, and these will be in either 25mm or 40mm lowering option.
    We have already CNC machined new arms on our Haas TM2-P 4-axis mill, so we expect to have finished links ready for sale by the end of March.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    KrogothCore, Biped and sprouty115 like this.
  11. myblubeemer

myblubeemer MOA, IBA Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. JustBob

Oddometer:
    Have had opportunity to ride my bike with EVO 2 tanks. Love having the extra gas and have not experienced any adverse rubbing on knees/legs as questioned by someone.

As noted, filling these can be a challenge which I have not completely figured out yet. I've been taking all three caps off and filling one at a time but they are cross leveling so hard for me to figure time to cap it off. Looking for a more efficient way. Start at front or back? Avoid filling on a slight incline if possible to avoid draining front to rear?

Figuring out range yesterday I ran down until light came on which is supposed to be 1 quart. At 49 mpg that's only 12 miles or so. It took 4.5 gallons to fill. Hmm. Thought occurred that when the light comes on I had 3 quarts instead of one. Does this make sense? If this is true then it should take 5.3 gallons to fill if I ride until odo counter says 48 miles since light. Anyone ran out of gas with these tanks?
    Sorry for the rambling post.
  13. sideup

sideup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My fill up procedure: close petcocks on both front tanks. Fill all three tanks. Run around 50-75 miles on the rear tank only then open the front tanks to equalize. No worries about over filling front tanks. I also switch petcocks to 1/4 turn petcocks made by Clark Manufacturing in Oregon. Much better than screw type on stock RR tank. IMO. I have run all three tanks till the fuel light came on but never tested the range till empty.
    JustBob likes this.
  14. JustBob

Oddometer:
  15. MoseFitch

MoseFitch Chicken Rancher Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which Clarke petcock did you buy?
  16. sideup

sideup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JustBob likes this.
  17. MoseFitch

MoseFitch Chicken Rancher Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! This has been on my to do list since I put the tanks on. Just never seem to get around to it
    sideup likes this.
  18. JustBob

Oddometer:
    I just ordered mine. $49.01 for two delivered. I'll install when I take tanks off to check valves at 6,000 miles.
    sideup likes this.
  19. JustBob

Oddometer:
  20. sideup

sideup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the RR bars for the EVO 2 tanks. I think KTM Twins link is for Duke and is confusing because it says to protect the tanks. There are no tanks up front on the stock 690s? Sure doesn’t look like the KTM twin crash bar would fit with RR tanks installed.
    The RR bars protect well but they are a pita to line up the bolts that go through the tank, but it is what it is so I deal with it.
    JustBob likes this.