KTM 690 Adventure (re)build

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by mrwwwhite, Oct 12, 2014.

1. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought it might be that. The only way I know to make sure everyone sees an image is to directly upload it to the thread using the ("Upload Pic or GPS Track" button on the lower right). That eliminates the hosting issues that sometimes pop up. It also avoids the issue of dead links if you ever change sites. Having said that, I'm not suggesting that you should do that specifically for me, but it does correct the issue and preserves the images in the threads.
    outbacktm and MAXVERT like this.
  2. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    Max

RE: ken's QC i used his as well but i upped the flow size from PCP 6mm ? to 8mm (5/16) by buying elbows on ebay
  3. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    I thought your elbows looked bigger . Do you think the smaller 6mm QC's will flow enough fuel to keep the tanks
    balanced ? I'll find out tomorrow . The 6mm QC's did allow me to use a 1/4 " cross over line .

Max
  4. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:

Max

don't know i was bit concerned with the small 6mm flow why i upped to 8mm (5/16) knowing that will be ok. fuel line Jon supplied with kit690 will be ok it 5/16 ID unless it's been changed since the 2nd batch kits were made.
  5. moto74

moto74 displaced

Oddometer:
    No. I've never been able to see his pics either...

There is some tips in this thread, about posting images here from Google Photos. Post #112.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/google-photo-image-posting-issue.1099082/page-6

But I agree that using this site's own image upload tool is the most foolproof method.
    MAXVERT likes this.
  6. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    same unable see Max's images
    I'm a $ tight ass with holes in my pockets so Postimage works for me
    https://postimages.org/
  7. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    What are some options for replacing the POS low beam head light ? Mine has failed and never performed
    well. I have the Baja Designs high beam .

Thanks , Max
  8. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    I run the Cyclops LED on mine. I am happy with it but don't do a whole lot of night riding either. I have the Baja Designs Squadron on my 500. It is much better, especially off road. FWIW
  9. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Pics that I hope you can see .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Max
  10. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^I can...Nice!
  11. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Youre talking about the led that came in the tower? Did you try the other bulb he included?
    MAXVERT likes this.
  12. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Thanks , I'll search through my xtra parts .
    I was thinking of adding a second BD Squadron , I thought at one time Jon had a bracket to mount two of them
    to his tower but can't find that .

Don't want to get caught out there in the dark without great lighting .

[​IMG]

The route drops 3 thousand feet crosses a river and climbs over the horizon crossing two more rivers .

Max
    KEELAYMONSTER likes this.
  13. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="MAXVERT, post: 37306779, I'll search through my Extra parts .
    I was thinking of adding a second BD Squadron , I thought at one time Jon had a bracket to mount two of them
    to his tower but can't find that .

Don't want to get caught out there in the dark without great lighting .Max[/QUOTE]

Mine same poor light have to look at my spare globe ( both same ? ) came with the kit.

I presumed Jon sent the Oem LED from top cyclops light when he swapped out to the up graded BD light so we just had a spare globe for the bottom cyclops light ?

KIT690 Cyclops light with 1 x Baja Design squadron pro upgrade & ebay 8" LED driving combo bar light - set up for duel light for high beam & toggle for 8" light bar - all on

I have had a pow wow with Baja Designs about a 8" LED Bar Light 6000K Bright White (overall width) for the ADV bikes in there usual options - driving combo / Spot / Driving Spread / Amber / Flood

They replied back said they forward the request to there technicians - fingers crossed

I tried a Baja Design 10" bar just too wide over all
    MAXVERT likes this.
  14. stunny

stunny just winging it

Oddometer:

Did you ever find out why it went bad ? Thinking to do this same conversion ..
    I have noticed there are two copper washers on the tip of the fat screw. Were these on it when you unscrew it ? Did you have to put them on it before screwing it in the first time ?
    I think , ideally the long big screw should act as a thermostat and it will not redirect always the oil to the cooler if not hot enough ... but I am not really sure . Tried to research , but not much info out there about it .
  15. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Since this I've ridden 2500 miles of hard off road in Mexico and the @PowerCell QR's flow plenty of fuel .
    Of course I'm using them for the cross over fuel line .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then had clutch lever with almost no travel happen . Probably the slave cylinder , but there was some slight scorching of the steels so I installed a Rekluse clutch assembly .
    Awesome bike !

Max
  16. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    There's a first gen KIT690 exhaust system with Wings can for sale in the parts for sale section .
    It's made for the right side .

Max
    mrwwwhite likes this.
  17. autonhome

autonhome Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Could you tell me where you bought your QuickDisconnect connectors ?
    I got plastic one on my Kit690 but unfortunately, one is broken (the part on the tank), and I'm looking for better replacement.
    Thank you !
  18. outbacktm

outbacktm Bullrun Bison Supporter

Oddometer:
    CJ’s design
  19. autonhome

autonhome Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you !
    CJ's design are actually PowerCell Performance ones, but still don't know if this is a direct fit or if I have to re-drill fuel tank
  20. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    You have to increase the hole (drill) into the tank slightly to use the @PowerCell QR's . Put a bit of grease on the end of the drill bit and drill at a slow speed and all the debris will come out with the bit .

Max