1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

KTM 690 Adventure (re)build

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by mrwwwhite, Oct 12, 2014.

1. dbradford

dbradford Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How long did it take to get your Nomad kit after you ordered it?
  2. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    I think I've asked this here before but with no joy.
    Can someone direct me to the parts numbers or the parts fitch which shows me the filter set and pump
    for the front tank ? I'd like to have the filters on hand when I remove the pump for inspection and cleaning .
    Even a pic of the assembly before installation would be a help .
    Still the best light solo long range adventure bike kit available . :beer

Let's be respectful to the OP who spent so much of his time and energy developing this kit and discuss
    other peoples rally kits in their appropriate threads ! :dirtdog

Max
    outbacktm and waylongway like this.
  3. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @MAXVERT

Have a look here:
    Filter spare parts: https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/ktm-spare-parts?itemid=76407088100
    Rally front fuel pump: https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/ktm-spare-parts?itemid=76407088000

I am not affiliated neither with the OP nor with KFM.

To change that is dead simple, just you need to be careful with the fuel pump o-ring. You basically undo the wiring and the 3 bolts and then everything is straight forward. You pull the fuel filter out (by hand) and that's it. You push the new one, do the reverse procedure and good to go. If you need any help, just shout and I'd be happy to assist.

D.
    mrwwwhite likes this.
  4. Seth S

Seth S Deleted

Oddometer:
    Looking for a good picture or drawing that shows the 690 rally wheel and the location/dwell of the CDI pickup tooth. I have some photos but they are at an angle and I can't get a safe number from that info. Looking at ways to either modify the E/R flywheel to work with the rally CDI...or make an adapter ring that can swap out the EFI toothed ring.

For reference this is what I have now and I'm not sure if its correct. Looks like about 56 degrees of dwell in the pickup tooth. but as you can see the photo of the flywheel is from a slight angle so its not so good for making a sketch on.

upload_2020-10-9_14-8-29.png
    Steinarsv and outbacktm like this.