1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 690 Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rade, Mar 29, 2014.

1. nwemerys

nwemerys Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine worked out great with the Honda Bond. My problem is the tank sits to high for the seat to fit perfectly...
  2. welshboxer

welshboxer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pity Rade Garage doesn’t do a kit for the direct line feed, might be a cheaper solution.
  3. aanichols

aanichols Racer at heart

Oddometer:
    Did you modify the front support. It involves grinding a bit of it away to allow more clearance for the outlet. It allows the tank to move forward so the seat fits. Somewhere in this thread there are some pics.
    bigbrad likes this.
  4. nwemerys

nwemerys Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did not, but will look tomorrow. Odd that we need to do this in order for a seat to fit though...
  5. aanichols

aanichols Racer at heart

Oddometer:
    I agree, but it worked. Look at post #427
  6. KiwiHayd

KiwiHayd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there, Im hoping you can shed some light on the question i have regarding the Rade tank siphon method install. You seem to be the Guru so i appreciate any help.

Ive got a 18 690 with stock fuel filler cap at the moment, um wondering if you or anyone else might have any images showing where they routed the fuel line/breather hose. And im assuming as the Rade outlet fitting is larger diameter than the stock bikes vent line that people use a new fuel line for this job, and do i need to drill out the vent fitting on the filler fitting?

Im also concerned that if i run the fuel vent line along the frame rail above the battery box that the seat frame could pinch the line.

Any help would be appreciated, and i hope everyone is keeping safe with Covid-19 spreading everywhere very quickly. In New Zealand we are on a compulsory 4 week lockdown.

Cheers Hayden

Swiftdriver likes this.
  7. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I used a new fuel line to attach the front tank to the vent of the rear filler. I don't have any pictures, but I ran the line next to the battery, not on top of it. If your '18 is like my '09, you can just remove the 2 bolts for the battery hold down, wiggle out the top plate, stuff the fuel line down next to the battery, and reassemble. It is snug, but there's minimal risk of pinching or snagging it there. I never tried with the stock filler cap, but as long as it forms an air tight seal, I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work.
    KiwiHayd likes this.
  8. KiwiHayd

KiwiHayd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks heaps for replying. I ended up doing a similar install anyway. I ended up using 3/16 hose as it fitted the stock breather properly. But i just had to soften it a bit to squeeze it over the Rade tank outlet barbed fitting. Its all done and working nicely so far.