1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

KTM 690 Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rade, Mar 29, 2014.

1. myblubeemer

myblubeemer MOA, IBA Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had planned to install a Golan Super mini in line filter between the Rade tank and the Rade supplied Petcock. I cut the line for the installation only to find that the 1/4" inlet and outlet on the Golan filter would not fit into the smaller ID Rade supplied fuel line. Then I realized that I could not just replace the smaller ID Rade fuel line with 1/4" line because the 1/4" ID line would be too big for the Rade tank fitting, Rade petcock, and Rade banjo fitting on the tank. Grrrr! I looked for a filter with smaller inlet and outlet to accommodate the Rade fuel line, but no luck. If anyone has a successful solution for this I would appreciate knowing what you did. Thanks.
  2. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    I ordered the 5/16" Golan after checking an online parts fiche that described the fuel hose as 7mm. Hasn't arrived yet, but...

Also found 5/16" FI rated fuel line at NAPA, so I can relocate the Golan to somewhere accessible.
  3. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
    BTW, I replaced the stock fuel pump on my 219 690 with the Quantum filter. At the same time, I replaced the stock fuel filter at the bottom of the pump with this filter https://profill-australia.com/product/hus03/
    Should provide much better filtration than the stock.
  4. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
  5. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    My first reply was actually in regard to putting the Golan in the high pressure line, sorry. For the feed from the Rade I found small clear plastic filter on ebay...i thought it was 1/4" and it fit pretty well - no leaks so far anyway- are the Rade tanks being sold with different size fuel hoses?
  6. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    Rade supplies Euro spec fuel line in size DN 6, which is very close to 1/4" but is slightly smaller. I find that it's easy enough to shove 1/4" parts into DN 6 line.
    YMMV,
    j.
  7. outbacktm

outbacktm Bullrun Bison Supporter

Oddometer:
    Take a piece of vent hose place over smaller nipple cut flush with end then place larger fuel line and clamp a trick I just discovered last weekend with a similar issue
  8. haf2ride

haf2ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    so I modified the front bracket just like you did So it would slide ahead, but the bumpers on the seat are still a good quarter inch to three eights of an inch from touching the frame, I don’t see how I can drop the tank that much without landing on something on the engine. My bike is a 2017 like yours. This doesnt appear to be a bolt in package, a little smaller tank would have been a plus. Ive read though most of the post and notice a few others have had the same issue but didnt seem to see a fix
  9. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    It sounds like the tank needs to move forward, it should go far enough to make the front of the tank almost touch the frame.
    Last time I installed the tank I applied a little silicone spray to where the parts touch, and it just fell into place, easiest install ever.
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I thought those Golan mini filters are for post pump high pressure lines not gravity fed traditional fuel lines?
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Do you have a Seat Concepts seat?
    And that all fits?

I'm seeing alot of chatter on FB with Rade tanks and Seat Concepts seats not dropping down on the frame properly or they pop off the top bolt.

Basically there is a problem with pre 2019 Rade tanks and Seat Concepts seats (which everyone uses)???

I'm holding off a purchase until I get better clarity on this please.

@RADE/GARAGE ?
  12. aanichols

aanichols Racer at heart

Oddometer:
    it’s possible ......as I recall SC makes their own seat pan since the stock one can have issues. BTW, I have a Fisher seat.
  13. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a Seat Concepts with a Rade tank, it’s a tight fit, but it’s been working ok. I don’t remember what year the tank is though.
    eakins likes this.
  14. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
    I have a
    Nope. I have used them for several years on my Rally Raid tanks and they have been perfect.
  15. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
  16. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    I used a Golan filter on my carbureted DR650 for a couple of years, then I transferred it to my fuel injected 690 and used it there.
    eakins likes this.