KTM 690 Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rade, Mar 29, 2014.

1. myblubeemer

myblubeemer MOA, IBA Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had planned to install a Golan Super mini in line filter between the Rade tank and the Rade supplied Petcock. I cut the line for the installation only to find that the 1/4" inlet and outlet on the Golan filter would not fit into the smaller ID Rade supplied fuel line. Then I realized that I could not just replace the smaller ID Rade fuel line with 1/4" line because the 1/4" ID line would be too big for the Rade tank fitting, Rade petcock, and Rade banjo fitting on the tank. Grrrr! I looked for a filter with smaller inlet and outlet to accommodate the Rade fuel line, but no luck. If anyone has a successful solution for this I would appreciate knowing what you did. Thanks.
  2. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    I ordered the 5/16" Golan after checking an online parts fiche that described the fuel hose as 7mm. Hasn't arrived yet, but...

Also found 5/16" FI rated fuel line at NAPA, so I can relocate the Golan to somewhere accessible.
  3. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
    BTW, I replaced the stock fuel pump on my 219 690 with the Quantum filter. At the same time, I replaced the stock fuel filter at the bottom of the pump with this filter https://profill-australia.com/product/hus03/
    Should provide much better filtration than the stock.
  4. myblubeemer

Oddometer:
  5. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    My first reply was actually in regard to putting the Golan in the high pressure line, sorry. For the feed from the Rade I found small clear plastic filter on ebay...i thought it was 1/4" and it fit pretty well - no leaks so far anyway- are the Rade tanks being sold with different size fuel hoses?
  6. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    Rade supplies Euro spec fuel line in size DN 6, which is very close to 1/4" but is slightly smaller. I find that it's easy enough to shove 1/4" parts into DN 6 line.
    YMMV,
    j.
  7. outbacktm

outbacktm Bullrun Bison Supporter

Oddometer:
    Take a piece of vent hose place over smaller nipple cut flush with end then place larger fuel line and clamp a trick I just discovered last weekend with a similar issue
  8. haf2ride

haf2ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    so I modified the front bracket just like you did So it would slide ahead, but the bumpers on the seat are still a good quarter inch to three eights of an inch from touching the frame, I don’t see how I can drop the tank that much without landing on something on the engine. My bike is a 2017 like yours. This doesnt appear to be a bolt in package, a little smaller tank would have been a plus. Ive read though most of the post and notice a few others have had the same issue but didnt seem to see a fix
  9. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    It sounds like the tank needs to move forward, it should go far enough to make the front of the tank almost touch the frame.
    Last time I installed the tank I applied a little silicone spray to where the parts touch, and it just fell into place, easiest install ever.