KTM 690 E & TuneECU

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Maurizio, May 9, 2011.

1. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Correct, it functions completely the same with EVO 1 mapping installed, position 3 will give standard throttle response and position 2 will be more twitchy, I have run EVO 1 mapping for many years and found switch position 2 was too twitchy for tight forestry rough tracks as hitting rocks was enough of a hit to throttle the engine accidentally and with the torque of the big single it was easy to get into trouble.
  2. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just picked up another 690. This one is a 2012. My other one is a 2009.
    So I go looking for the maps for the new stablemate.
    OH crap! no more TuneECU site or maps.

Does anybody have the files for the 2012?
    The bike supposedly has the Acro maps installed.
    I would like to have the stock maps as well as a fresh copy of the Acro maps.
    Is there an EVO1 map for this gen? EVO1 runs well on my 2009.

Thanks for any help.
    Tom.

EDIT- Another Google search gave me a new link to the files. I'm downloading all the ones I want in my library before it goes away.
  3. LarsE

LarsE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Add www to the front, that should bring you to the site. The site is on its way out, but for the time being it's still there.
    strokie and dad2bike like this.
  4. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Has anyone successfully set up a bluetooth OBD2 between a 2014 onwards 690 and an android phone app, similar to video below showing the same done on a 390 ??
    Just wondered if it was possible, I presume the TuneECU cable could be used to adapt to a standard bluetooth OBD2 plug, just depends how LOCKED the ECU is.
  5. Robban123

Robban123 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi all. First post here.

I've been reading a little bit on this topic and now I'am wondering what's the best map to start with on my bike?

My bike is a KTM 690 smc 2011 with KTM powerparts slip on, evo kit 1 airbox cover and K&N filter.
  6. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Welcome!

First question, what kind of problem are you trying to fix? There's a good chance your bike already has the correct map installed as it's a part of the evo1 kit.
  7. Robban123

Robban123 n00b

Oddometer:
    It doesn't have the evo1 kit map, what i know about. I recently installed the airbox cover. When i bought it, it was just fitted with slipon.
    The problems with the bike, it's almost impossible to drive steady with RPM:s under 4k. Throttle response is really sensitive. I have tried to change the throttle response on the potentiometer but it makes no difference.
  8. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

The evo1 maps are available at the tuneecu website, if you want to trust them to be the real deal is up to you . (back when I used tuneecu they seemed legit though)
    As for the snatchy throttle, start with the evo1 map and see if that helps - you can also alter the throttle maps with tuneecu, making the soft mode even more so.
    If you don't notice any difference at all using the map-switch under the seat you might want to disconnect it and measure its resistance, making sure it operates as intended.
  9. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Inmate aMa has an excellent map for the 2012 with open airbox/lid. But I believe your 2011 is still the 654 cc motor. I doubt the 2012 map would be right. As suggested reload the EVO 1 map and see what you have. For my 2012, the pod filter and aMa map totally cured the low speed issues I had. FWIW
  10. LarsE

LarsE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Use the Evo1 FI map and aMa's EP map. Start with the FI map and then try out the EP map afterwards. The EP map made a big difference on my 2012, made it a lot easier to ride with low throttle openings or below 4k rpm.
  11. Robban123

Robban123 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, I ordered the TuneECU cable and will try out your tips. Appreciate your help.
  12. Inquilino

Inquilino Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. h0lger

h0lger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where could one get an aMa map like this? I'd like to give it a go on my 2012.
  14. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    PM aMa
    h0lger likes this.
  15. orionas13

orionas13 KTM 690 ENDURO

Oddometer:
    I own a KTM 690 ENDURO 2008 tried both maps this map KM765EU0804031EP/FI keep revs higher at idle compare to this map KM765EU0800231EP/FI i prefer KM765EU0800231EP/FI for my bike but every bike is deferent i would try both if i were you.
  16. Robban123

Robban123 n00b

Oddometer:
    I tried loading the evo1 map in my bike, the bike wouldn't even start with that. The map that was in the bike was KM765EU0800231EPMap and KM765EU0800231FIMap. I also tried Akropovic slip-on for 2011, but then the FI-light started to flash (9 times).
    With the evo1 map loaded in the bike, there was some sort of ticking noise from the fuel pump when just ignition was turned on. It stopped when I gave it a little throttle.

TuneECU also gave me an error code P2119, can this has something to do with the evo1 map not working properly?

Ended up with loading back the map that was in the bike.
  17. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    Hello,
    Does anybody ever heard about a way to unbrick 690 ECU ?

The odb plug accidentally felt out while I was reading the EPT of a 2013 ECU.
    I then was not able to read the EPT map again (after everythings reboot) and then (after third try) not able to even connect Tune ecu to the bike.
    I replaced the both ECU (2008, same part number), connection ok, maps reading ok.
    I put back the '13 FI ecu, connection and reading ok for a while but know whatever ecu I plug I can't connect anymore.
    I'm affraid I bricked the EPT ECUs (not sure about how the second one has been damaged) and wonder if there's a way to reset them.
    Thanks
  18. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    Wrong alert, at least looks like.
    Battery tender was not sufficient (as many inmate know)
    Tuneecu is now connected and EP map reading is in progress.
    sprouty115 and El Ponkin like this.
  19. justinope

justinope Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoping for help from the collective, I messaged aMa but I'm not sure hes hanging around here as much anymore. I'm looking for a map for a 2009 enduro with FMF header / powercore 4 and rally raid airbox (soon to be rottweiler intake), so failing getting aMa's maps should I just load the evo 1 map from the tuneecu site? I know his maps are really good though, I had them on my 2013 so I'd love that if someone has one he or someone else did well for a 09 on their PC somewhere.

I'm having some stall coming to stop issues and some dying while idle as well. Although it was sitting for a bit so maybe that'll go way with throttle reset or idle reset. I have the TuneECU cable coming so figured I'd post up here as it cant hurt to flash to bike for the mods regardless
  20. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    El Ponkin and justinope like this.