KTM 690 E & TuneECU

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Maurizio, May 9, 2011.

1. bresto100

bresto100 n00b

Oddometer:
    Good day . I would like to advise which map should I write to my KTM 690 SMC year 2011 with Exhaust LeoVince and Filter K&N with Airbox cover from KTM.

This Map "KM765EU11B0231XX (Map with Slipon or Silencer set Akrapovic)"
    or This Map "KM765EU11B0232XX (Map only with Tunning kit EVO 1) "

Thank you.
  2. LarsE

LarsE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there an EVO2 map available as well? I know the later bikes had EVO1 and EVO2, where the EVO1 matches your mods, but the 690 Duke only had EVO, which was equivalent to the SMC's EVO2.
  3. bresto100

bresto100 n00b

Oddometer:
    I managed to download EVO2.
    equivalent to the SMC's EVO2 is in addition sport camshaft .
  4. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Stock cam - evo1
    Upgraded cam - evo2
    Suggest you pick the right map to avoid misery with mismatches.
    MeinMotorrad likes this.
  5. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the Evo2 is for racing - not so good for normal riding.
  6. bresto100

bresto100 n00b

Oddometer:
    Ok. Thanks. I think I need Evo1.
  7. bresto100

bresto100 n00b

Oddometer:
    At what position should the map switcher be turned on if I have the Evo1 map written? Or is it not essential which position it is set to?
    I have it set to position 2.
    Thank you.
  8. LarsE

LarsE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The switch only changes the throttle response (how much the throttle blade opens based on your throttle input), it doesn't affect the fueling. It's entirely up to your preference.
  9. kev777

kev777 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys first post!

Does anyone have Dyno results for the EVO 1 map for 08-10 690s?
  10. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Have you checked with the guys over at supermotojunkie? I do recall seeing dyno runs over there.
  11. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    Well, I've finally had it with my '08. It's left me stranded for the last damn time. I just ordered the IgniTech ignition module that runs spark off the stock flywheel triggers, and I'm putting on a 41mm FCR. Byebye EFI.
  12. kev777

kev777 n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I've read every thread there. Saw some guys posted evo 1 dyno results but their maps were modified and others had pod filters.

Im looking for results on this set up(or similar) : slip on, evo 1 lid, evo 1 map. I dont have access to any dyno in my country so really curious about the numbers.
  13. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    So what was the reason the bike left you stranded?
  14. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It would be great if you did an installation write-up. I'm sure some of us would like to hear how it goes...
  15. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    There’s a 690 carb thread somewhere...
  16. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, maybe that's a good spot to drop the info. I hate to say it, but I've always thought the 690 would look great with a giant Lectron carb...
    Screenshot_20200626-160543_Chrome.jpg
  17. IKT

IKT A High Maintenance Manchild

Oddometer:
    Hey Kev, PM me an email. I got the map and I`m using it on my 690 for about 5 years.
  18. kev777

kev777 n00b

Oddometer:
    Sent you a pm :)
  19. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    It's a fantastic bike when it runs. And, I've dumped a 1/2 a ton of money into it - suspension upgrades, protection & luggage, I put on a Britannia Composites Lynx fairing. It's set up the way I want it.

I've been through 3 fuel pumps, the typical kinked hoses, and electrical failures:

1) The classic OEM fuel pump fail with black soot.
    2) Cheap Chinese replacement fuel pump with no retention features on the output hose barb wouldn't keep the high pressure hose on the barb. That stranded me - once with an ordinary hose clamp close to home, and a second time after I upgraded to Oetiker clamps... 8 miles into the woods.
    3) I bought a pair of CA Cycle works replacement fuel pumps - one for the tank, one spare - with retention features on the hose barb, "upgraded" to expensive full submersion fuel hose, eliminated quick disconnects, shortened in-tank hoses, Oetiker clamped all that in-tank shit so it wouldn't come apart, so the damn fuel pump connector (the tiny one) broke -- it had been installed and removed probably a dozen times. That left me stranded once.

The bike got set aside for 5 years - I had serious health issues, and I was pissed with it. Recently, I saw a part-out on CL and bought a Duke tank, which included all the OEM in-tank parts, so I swapped all the bits straight into my bike.

4) This one was really weird... on the OEM hose, there is a little short segment of the high-pressure hose which doesn't have ridges... turns out that part is a joint. That joint came apart and left me on the side of the road... again.... for the last damn time.

RE: instructions, yes, there is a carb'd 690 thread. https://advrider.com/f/threads/690r-carburetor-conversion-mod.664023/

And, while I was working on it, I noticed that a lot of the electrical stuff had deteriorated badly. The waterproof boots of many of the EFI sensors were glued on, and the glue failed - the boots were just flopping around loose on the wires. The regulator/rectifier sealing had failed where the wires exit the case, it looked all shaggy and was definitely not waterproof anymore. Plus some abraded areas on the wiring harness and the chassis ground was literally hanging by a thread. I'm looking forward to getting all these messes cleaned up when I de-EFI the wiring harness.
    Cowtowner, sprouty115 and Anders- like this.
  20. Cowtowner

Cowtowner Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got a ‘12 690 that I’ve been adding a couple mods to and if the dealer ever gets the Intake rocker arm in I’ll actually start riding it

In the meantime I’m installing a Rade tank With the small twin air filter. I see references to an aMa map which I think is an inmate’s map that was tweaked from a tune ecu map - where do I find these and is there one for a pod filter?

otherwise I’ll just run the Evo 1 map and go from there I guess.