1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Want to buy KTM 690 Enduro Front Brake Caliper (2012)

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by BHedonia, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BHedonia

BHedonia BikeHedonia

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I'm 60,000+km into my rtw wanderings and my front brake caliper is toast.

It's a long story about hitting a concrete slab in west Java (don't ask) followed by 30,000km of elusive rattle, 4,000km of suboptimal front brakes, and 1,000km of holding it all together with tie wire, and I'm finally willing to concede that it's really, really time to replace that front caliper.

So: anyone US got a second hand front brake caliper to fit a 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R (AU version)? Hook me up!

If I can get it shipped to California by 10 December, then I can get it brought over to south east Asia and all my problems* will be solved.

Cheers

Grace

*Not all my problems, but the important ones.
    front brake caliper.jpg
    cyclopathic likes this.
  2. Comanche13

Comanche13 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello I’m Scott Thomsen and I have a salvaged 2015 ktm 690 enduro r I do sell some parts from my old bike but for you because your story sounds very interesting I can send the caliber to you for the price of shipping , I do not know if a 2015 will fit your bike but if it does it’s yours you can text me as I’m not good on computers and I’m away from home working are for that matter call me collect my number is 250-287-5986 anytime good luck to you hope I can help
  3. BHedonia

BHedonia BikeHedonia

Oddometer:
    Hi Scott, thanks a million for getting in touch and for such a kind offer. How great are motorcycling people! I've checked the parts fiche, it looks like the caliper itself is the same for 2012 and 2015 models, the differences don't start until you get to the brake hoses. So it looks like I'm in luck! I'll be giving you a call. Awesome awesome awesome.
    sarcoid likes this.
  4. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let us know exactly where, and when you'll be in CA. Lots of inmates here to help you and maybe even parade you through the areas.
    BHedonia likes this.
  5. BHedonia

BHedonia BikeHedonia

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will! I'm hoping that I'll be riding through California soon, maybe as soon as next summer, or the one after? For now, I'm still riding south east Asia and just trying to mule in spare parts from the States. (As you can probably imagine, getting hold of spare parts for a 690 Enduro in the boondocks of South East Asia is neither easy or cheap.)

Definitely hoping to catch up with a few likeminded riders when I do finally get Stateside with the bike - always hoping for a front garden to pitch my tent in, and maybe some of you good people will even share a gpx or two of your favourite trails. Good times await.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.