[KTM 690 Enduro R 2013] Circuit Plan?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by umbroBJK, Dec 20, 2013.

1. umbroBJK

umbroBJK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    have crashed into a buffalo :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the front is like vaporazed and some cables are cut off..
    the speedometer connection socket is also broken so the cables are mixed up..

does anyone have a circuit plan for an enduro r 2013?
    or a photo of the speedo connection were i can see the cable colours?
  2. Fabnut

Fabnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey umbroBJK, Ive had a similar situation to you with my 2013 690 Enduro, although my wiring was ok, the speedo was smashed to bits. I decided to install the much smaller digital 2011 enduro 'R' speedo rather than the clunky behemoth that came with the bike, so in the process of doing this I recorded all the wires & colours on the 32 pin plug & also the new smaller speedo's functional wiring in relation to the 32 pin plug, if your interested. hope this helps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the improvised wiring into the back of the 2013 690 32 pin plug to pick up the new speedos functions, & a loose wire with a .6mm stainless pin soldered onto the new speedos loom
  3. umbroBJK

umbroBJK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey runt boy, thanks! this will help me a lot!

do you have any idea what type of socket is used on the wirering harness? because its also smashed..
  4. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    I've been doing some searching for you, it is made by JST and the part number is XADRP-32V.

Now you just have to find somebody who sells them as single piece and not a lot of 500, or maybe have a sample sent to you if you have a business address.

I'm back in Vienna by the way, so we can meet up.

Cheers,
    Lukas
  5. Fabnut

Fabnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just learnt something to, thanks Lukas
  6. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Glad to be of service! :thumb
  7. umbroBJK

umbroBJK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks lukas,

got mail from jst austria, they will send me 2 piece of it :)

yeah!
  8. oden

oden lone rider

Oddometer:
    Care to share more about this, who to contact?

I have a KTM 690 Enduro R 2012.

I'm in the situation here where I need to replace the speedo with a break-out box (that I need to construct) so that I more easily can continue my rally bike'ish conversion, without cutting the wiring or use connection that is prone to fail. I really need the F1 and oil pressure indicators to work and trust that it will.

The speedo is too large and won't fit with all the components needed on the navigation tower. I need to use a much smaller one and so forth.

Cheers.
  9. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Question to those of you who have replaced the E-speedo with the smaller R-model.
    Considering that there's a few more bars displaying coolant temperature on the larger instrument - was there any issues with indicated temp after switching?
  10. slurpee

slurpee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    do you think a swap from an 09 690 (small display) to the later with tacho is possible? Cheers Stephen
    (I may have a small display for sale if this works)
  11. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    I went the Trailtech route. Am just completing the wiring now. Smaller and comes with all the info I needed. The stock unit will be dumped for room to add the navigation.
    [​IMG]
    RyanJ78 likes this.
  12. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a TrailTech on my KLR for several years. I generally liked it and it got the job done.

But one thing I didn't like was what got displayed on each screen. I would have liked for that to be user selectable.

Have they implemented that by any chance yet?
  13. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Old thread......Anyone have a wiring diagram for the speedo unit from a 2012? I am talking about something that identifies each of the 32 pins coming out of the unit. Trying to connect a 690 Duke remote to control MODE and SET remotely. I need to know if there are leads for these functions. I am thinking that if they are there, I can intall grounds into the harness to these positions so that a button push completes the circuit and changes MODE or SETS trip meter to zero.

In the process of testing to find these positions, I may have ruined my speedo. ANyone have one to sell?

Thanks!!
  14. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Did more research. I never found a diagram showing functions for the 32 pins coming out of the speedo. I tested, as others have done, but found no external access to the SET function. So I am giving up for now on use of the 690 Duke switch. I think I will wire in a single momentary switch to operate the MODE function.
  15. watagans300exc

watagans300exc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the thread re-birth, but I'm looking to extend the wiring on my 2016 690R speedo so I can mount it on my nav tower. Any ideas on where to get the male and female connectors or if anyone makes a dedicated extension cable?? I really don't want to have to splice my existing cable.

Cheers,
    Tony.
  16. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Have a custom whip made. You should be able to buy the connectors online. I dumped the stocker and installed a Trailtech on a HDB top clamp plate.
  17. Wayne Jenkins

Wayne Jenkins Dust! Dust any one?!?!?

Oddometer:
    Hey guys
    Just read through a bit of this thread, Ive had similar oem dash issues,
    After a recent accident involving hitting a cow at 45kph. Anyhow the oem speedo now reads 2500 rpm when not even running, Ive got a Britannia composites fairing ( which also got destroyed and is being replaced)

I'm considering running a trail tech unit , 1. For more compactness 2. More information

I just want to get more info on the wiring going into the oem dash does anyone have one to share ?

Cheers
  18. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    I installed one on my 2014 Rally Raid. It doesn't just plug in directly. You will need to run the temp sensor separately. The fuel sensor and the blinkers are easy.
    Wayne Jenkins likes this.
  19. Wayne Jenkins

Oddometer:
    Am I correct in thinking you can just tap straight onto those wires to make them work?
    Also how did you go with the speedo? Doesn't the speed register through the abs pump, have you removed the abs?
  20. Wayne Jenkins

Oddometer:
    Ok so Ive got a bit of a problem, I'm trying to get the neutral light to light up but the pin at the plug hasn't got enough voltage, Ive tried going back to the gear selector wiring in a hope to just piggy back off a supply there and I'm only getting 1.2v which still isn't enough.

Ive tested with all the wires engaging and disengaging neutral to try eliminate the correct wire to no avail any help or suggestions would be a great help my oem rev counter is rooted and want to run the trail tech but just can't get the neutral to work ,