[KTM 690 Enduro R 2013] Circuit Plan?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by umbroBJK, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Wayne Jenkins

Wayne Jenkins Dust! Dust any one?!?!?

Oddometer:
    IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0326.JPG
  2. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
    I'm in the process of fitting a Trailtech Vapor and indicator Dashboard to my 2010 R mdl. Ive sorted the wiring for my turn signals and High beam indicator, but the neutral light and FI indicator are doing my head in.
    Anyone able to help?
    RyanJ78 likes this.
  3. RyanJ78

RyanJ78 n00b

Oddometer:
    Have you gotten thru with this? My 2012 690ER speedo gave up on me. I have opened it up and did some checks but no luck. I too am thinking of getting a trailtech unit.
    Thanks in advance for any info
  4. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 also. I had flickering and partially blank display. I finally fixed it by pulling it completely apart--separating display unit from the underlying circuit board. Mine was full of a white powder ?? Anyway blew it out and hit all connectors with circuit board cleaner. CAREFULLY PUT IT BACK TOGETHER aligning all the pins correctly. DO NOT FORCE. Works like a champ now! Good luck.

I also have gone the Trail Tech Vapor route on my 500. What works well there is the "dashboard" which TT sells. It accommodates 4 lights which I use for FI, Fuel Warning, etc.
    DustyWheels and RyanJ78 like this.
  5. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
    pic of my install

[​IMG]
  6. Mountainman13

Mountainman13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    About to redo the instrument panel on my 2013 690 Enduro R and thought I would update this just to keep everything in the same place. I took the previously posted 32 pin plug legend and labeled everything from the wiring diagram to make it a bit easier. This should be current up to 2018 except for the ABS light, however I've been unable to find a wiring diagram of anything after 2013 so check it if you have doubts.

2013 KTM 690 Enduro R 32 Pin Legend.jpg
    RyanJ78 likes this.
  7. sidewayz_control

sidewayz_control Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So how did your rework go? I have to find a replacement for mine, idealy and OEM or and after market.

Does anyone know if the trailtech will work off of OEM sensors and connections? I don't want to add sensors if the bike can already provide the info.

Only correction to the diagram, pin 2 is 12v switch (ignition) power. Pin 1 is battery continuous 12v probably to keep clock and odometer and other volatil memory.

Pin 5 would be temperature warning light and Pin 12 I'm guessing temperature display (the bar graph)
  8. sidewayz_control

Oddometer:
    Will the Trailtech work off of the signals from the OEM wiring harness without adding any of their sensors?
  9. dawdle

dawdle n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Fabnut and Mountainman13 I've amended the diagram for the 2012 R UK/AUS wiring loom. Currently working with a Koso DB01-RN (as yet untested on a ride). Components not working so far are the temp warning light (on full time) and the fuel warning light config is untested, speedo sensor plugs directly into the Koso wire but the wires/pins need swapping (config may need tweaking).
    Anyone got a temperature warning light working for one of these ?
    2012 KTM 690 Enduro R to KOSO 32 Pin contacts.jpg
    (edit :- KOSO brown = switched +12v / Koso red = permanent +12v)
    sidewayz_control likes this.
  10. sidewayz_control

Oddometer:
    Following!

I managed to get my OEM instruments working again by taking the unit apart, cleaning connections and using some silicone to support/stabilize the boards. How long will it last? I don't know so working on plan B, which would be the KOSO DB01-RN since Trailtech requires you use new sensors :csm The Koso is already way more compatible than the Trailtech toys.

upload_2020-6-26_19-58-34.png
  11. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    Tacho?
  12. dawdle

dawdle n00b

Oddometer:
    Tacho ("EFI RPM") is pin 4 white/blue on KTM loom connector for 2012 oem pinout in the above diagrams, presume same for 2013.