KTM 690 Enduro replacement tank bolts – complete subframe reinforcement kit

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Feb 15, 2014.

1. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just received the bolt kit and installed lower bolt on my 2017 KTM690er. Everything went well but the bolt appears to be 1/4" long. Sticks out that much beyond the nut. Should I file it down or just leave it as is?
  2. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't see how that would hurt either way. So 'I'd fail to the simple side of things..............just ride it.
  3. JustBob

Oddometer:
    Yeah. That's my plan but it still looks like a project that needs finishing.
  4. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put a nut over the protrusion.....or maybe some clear plastic tubing to keep the threads clean?? Just a thought.......... :wink:
  5. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Bob,

can you please post a photo of both sides of the bolt, I would like to see how you install it.

Cheers!
  6. JustBob

Oddometer:
    I installed with head on shift side and nut on the brake side with washers on both. I can take a pic when I get back but it won't show anything more than this. Bottom line the bolt is 1/4" too long. I don't think it will interfere anywhere but it just looks buckwheat.
  7. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    We cut 5-6 mm off M8x160 bolt, so it won't stick out too much. M8x160 is too long and M8x150 is too short. There has to be few mm protruding the safety nut, in order to ease an installation a bit.
    Since head is on the shift side, there is no way chain can touch anything. And there aren't any moving parts near the nut on the other side, so all is perfectly safe.
    If you can't stand the looks, you can cut few mm's off, but you would need to apply new zinc coating on that area.
    Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help it in any way.
  8. JustBob

Oddometer:
    I'm good. Thank you.