KTM 690 Enduro Scotts Steering Stabilizer Submount and Framebracket

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Rbott, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can use PHDS bar mounts or Flexx bars.

Ryan
  2. alanhuth

alanhuth n00b

Oddometer:
    Anybody use Twisted Engineering bars with this?
  3. robbyzg

robbyzg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    inmates,can someone provide dimensions or model of the link arm that is used in this setup?!ive bought Ryans mount but have damper with shorter link arm!sent pm to him also but thinking maybe also one of you guys can help with info!?
  4. paidoutcomes

paidoutcomes Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Rbott Any chance you have already developed your mount to work on a 2017 Husky 701 enduro?
  5. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have modified the frame bracket to work on the 701. I have not done a submount but I have access to the Gatos Bros or Scotts submounts.

Ryan
    Brown Dog and paidoutcomes like this.
  6. wkennedy1

wkennedy1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many thanks to Ryan for this beautiful piece. I installed mine with no problems, once I understood that I had to reverse the arm on the stabilizer, which should’ve been obvious to me, and was, once Ryan helped me out – the same night I received it – complete with pictures! So much appreciated. As pointed out elsewhere, loosening the bolts on the coolant tank on my 2008 made it easier to install the post. It’s a nice, simple, elegant piece that works like a charm with my 1 inch rise and PHDS bar dampers with green elastomers. Couldn’t be happier. It has calmed the steering and vibration to a remarkable degree. I think just as effectively as the Flexx bars on my 450.
    Brown Dog likes this.
  7. thewozza

thewozza Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just installed mine and I have a couple questions. Got a 2017 690 Enduro R, and I bought the 2" riser mount only - I got my own stabilizer locally.

1) the tower pin looks like it only engages about half of the slot in the link-arm. Is this normal? I can't see how I could have done this wrong. Is this what wkennedy1 is talking about when he says "reverse the arm on the stabilizer"?

2) I had to remove the soft rubber collar around the ignition switch. It looks like it was just a cosmetic cap, but is there anything else you folks can recommend I jam in there instead? I could cut down the rubber but it'll probably just fall apart after a while.
  8. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine only engages about half the slot also but It's never been a problem. I think I split the ruber gasket at the top and trimmed a bit, then tucked it tightly around. Held up very well for a long time. image.jpeg
    Brown Dog likes this.
  9. fire1998

fire1998 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are these still available??
  10. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, they are still available. I offer 1" or 2" rise with or without the Scotts damper. PM or email me to place an order.
  11. Lvlndrider

Lvlndrider n00b

Oddometer:
    How can I get more information and how to order your parts?
  12. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All my contact info is in the first post or you can PM me here.

Ryan
  13. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    @Rbott - is the steering lock still functional after installing the mount around the ignition key? I guess the kit include a longer pin to reach the headstem?

What’s the price for only the part which goes around the ignition key? (bike is a model year ’12)
  14. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The ignition switch position is not changed.....steering lock is still functional. Frame bracket is $99.95 plus shipping.

Ryan
    Anders- likes this.
  15. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    Do you have a version for the 2019 Enduro R?
  16. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have not tested it but I believe it is the same frame bracket...not sure about the submount.
  17. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    The 2019 upper triple is completely different (but I think the same as the Husky 701), the risers are fixed on the triples with rubber cones.
    So it would need some aluminum cones which would allow fixing stuff compatible with prev gen triples...
  18. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Set up similar to the old 950SE ? :ear
  19. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Closer to the new KTM XC/SX bikes. Best bet right now is to buy the BRP rubber mounted submount and you can use my frame bracket.

If I had more interest I would make a submount for these new bikes.....would need to have at least 10 sets sold.

Ryan